|Study Period:||2019- 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The autonomous mobile robot market is expected to register a CAGR of 15.12% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). With the improvement of UGVs, one of the major trends in the autonomous mobile robot is the fleet management software with dashboards. It helps in the visualization of paths for path planning and traffic management. Moreover, the vendors are expected to introduce offerings that can enhance the update of maps and plans by incorporating real-time modifications in the plant layout for increased efficiency in movement.
- The demand for robots is increasing enormously, owing to their different operational behavior and patterns. Moreover, the rising demand for mobile robots in the major industries, such as medical science and healthcare, automotive, and oil and gas, is expected to drive the autonomous mobile robot market.
- High capital requirements for the incorporation of these devices can challenge the growth of the autonomous mobile robot market.
- As of June 2021, Kiwibot built 400 autonomous delivery robots and completed 90,000 deliveries. Restaurants rent them for at least USD 20 a day. These robots were first used in 2017 at the University of California.
- With the improvement of unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs), one of the significant trends in the autonomous mobile robots market is the fleet management software, which helps visualize path planning and traffic management paths. In the future, various vendors are expected to introduce offerings that can enhance the update of maps and plans by consolidating real-time modifications in the plant layout for enhanced efficiency in movement.
- Due to their different operational behavior and patterns, the demand for these mobile robots has also been increasing enormously in major industries, such as medical science and healthcare, automotive, and oil and gas. According to Consumer Technology Association, in the United States, in a survey of around 1000 respondents from urban, suburban, and rural backgrounds, over 30% of the respondents in urban areas say that they were familiar with both flying drones and robotic delivery vehicles being used for contactless delivery of food and other goods. Also, 17% of the rural background stated that they are familiar with drone delivery. This is expected to drive the market in the forecasted period.
Scope of the Report
Autonomous mobile robots are designed for specific behavior and tasks. They are designed to work in unpredictable environments. The main activities of autonomous mobile robots include navigation, mapping, localization, and locomotion. Robots are widely used for inspection, transportation, and surveillance activities. The autonomous mobile robots also play an economic role in military service, entertainment industry, mining and metals, electronics and electrical sector, oil and gas, automotive, buildings, and medical industry.
|Unmanned Ground Vehicle|
|Unmanned Aerial Vehicle|
|Unmanned Marine Vehicle|
|By End-user Industry|
|Defense and Security|
|Warehouse and Logistics|
|Energy and Power|
|Oil and Gas|
|Mining and Minerals|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Unmanned Vehicle to Augment the Market Growth
- Unmanned Vehicles are primarily used in the defense sector to supply ammunition to the soldiers during combat situations, carry out rescue operations during disasters, and detect, defuse, or detonate explosives. Furthermore, the usage of UGV in the commercial sector is increasing, as they can be used to perform tasks, such as perimeter security of dangerous areas, carrying out rescue operations during disasters, and handling hazardous materials.
- UGVs are equipped with a variety of sensors and payloads, and due to operations in indoor and other GNSS-denied environments, they may also rely on LiDAR sensors, combined with inertial navigation systems and vehicle odometry, for accurate navigation. Some sensors and payloads include RGB and thermal cameras, manipulator arms, chemical and explosives sensors, and weapons systems.
- Various UGV companies have been partnering with LiDAR sensor providers to enable the precise localization and mapping capabilities of autonomous robots. For instance, in August 2021, ANYbotics announced that it is equipping its AGVs with Velodyne LiDAR's Puck LiDAR sensors to provide industrial operators with an automated robotic inspection solution to support efforts in monitoring and maintaining plants. With pre-defined tasks and functions, these sensors will allow the mobile robots to venture outside the controlled situations in unpredictable settings.
- To remotely operate UGVs, wireless communication is needed to connect video footage and other sensor data, which is usually done by RF (radio frequency) communications, satellite links, or wireless fiber optic. These vehicles require non-line of sight (NLOS) communication due to their operation in urban and cluttered environments. Mobile ad hoc network (MANET) technology is applied to assist UGVs in maintaining links/connections in adverse conditions.
- The growth of the UGV's is also attributed to the high demand in the Americas, owing to the increasing terrorist threats and the ongoing war with ISIS. The growing usage of thermal imaging cameras to ensure the autonomous navigation of UGV is expected to drive the autonomous mobile robot market further.
- In the United States, the adoption of unmanned systems is increasing significantly, particularly unmanned ground and unmanned aerial vehicles. Therefore, the country's defense sector also marks a considerable demand for autonomous mobile robots.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Occupy the Largest Share in Autonomous Mobile Robot Market
- The demand for mobile robots is continuously increasing in the region, owing to the factors such as mounting internal and external security threats, owing to the increased terrorist activities, and growing usage of mobile robots for patrolling to spot intruders or enemy forces.
- Moreover, the presence of the major mobile robot manufacturing companies, such as Applied Geo Technologies and macroUSA, in the region favors the adoption of mobile robots in the country.
- Apart from this, the US boasts of the highest military expenditure across the world. Moreover, the growing adoption of UAVs and UMV in defense is expected to drive the autonomous mobile robot market.
- The United States is one of the prominent innovators and pioneers in terms of the adoption of autonomous mobile robotics, and it is one of the significant markets. The factors driving the growth of the market studied include the rise in warehouse automation, increasing adoption of automated material handling and trends, such as lights-out automation, and increasing adoption of these robots across numerous industries.
- On the industrial front, factors, such as the rising labor costs, waning employee productivity, the need for building bigger distribution centers (to accommodate the expanding logistics and storage), increased e-commerce activity, and key manufacturing indices resulting in manufacturing growth, have been significantly fueling the demand for automated guided vehicles (AGV) and mobile robots in the country.
- The country comprises some of the most automated industries, while multiple end-user companies play a significant role in developing the autonomous mobile robotics market. According to the IFR (International Federation of Robotics), the annual industrial robots' installations in the region reached around 54,000 units in 2019 and are anticipated to reach 69,000 by 2022.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The autonomous mobile robot market is highly consolidated, as the major players have the maximum market share. Moreover, due to the high initial capital cost, it is very difficult for new players to enter the market. Some of the key players include Aethon, Aviation Industry Corporation of China, Clearpath Robotics, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Softbank Robotics, Hi-Tech Robotic Systems, SMP Robotics, among others.
- March 2021- Softbank Robotics Group and Avalon formed a joint venture to develop breakthrough goods and technologies to empower and enhance public health and well-being.For a new age of community-wide smart cleaning, Avalon SteriTech and Softbank Robotics launched a 2-in-1 AI-powered cleaning and disinfection robotics solution.
- Oct 2020- ClearPath Robotics further integrated the expansion for its Jackal UGV, Husky UGV, and Dingo platforms with expanded support for the Nvidia Jetsons, including the Nano, Xavier NX/AGX, and TX2 modules. With this, the company’s robots got a computing boost with Nvidia Jetson modules.
- May 2021-SMP Robotics developers focused their efforts on enhancing the autonomy of robots. Minimizing the need for a remote operator to participate in robot work allows to assign one operator to monitor the performance of more robots and improve the efficiency of the work.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Adoption Across the End-users
4.2.2 Increasing Aging Population Coupled with Advancements in Technology
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Communication and Connectivity Issues
4.3.2 High Capital Requirements
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Unmanned Ground Vehicle
5.1.3 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
5.1.4 Unmanned Marine Vehicle
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.1 Defense and Security
5.2.2 Warehouse and Logistics
5.2.3 Energy and Power
5.2.5 Discount Store
5.2.6 Oil and Gas
5.2.7 Mining and Minerals
5.2.8 Other End-user Industries
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Aviation Industry Corporation of China
6.1.2 Clearpath Robotics
6.1.3 General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
6.1.4 Hi-Tech Robotic Systemz
6.1.5 Softbank Robotics
6.1.6 SMP Robotics
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Autonomous Mobile Robot Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Autonomous Mobile Robot Market?
The Autonomous Mobile Robot Market is growing at a CAGR of 15.12% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Autonomous Mobile Robot Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Autonomous Mobile Robot Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Autonomous Mobile Robot Market?
Aethon, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Softbank Robotics, Clearpath Robotics., SMP Robotics are the major companies operating in Autonomous Mobile Robot Market.