|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Automotive night vision system market was valued at USD 3 Billion in 2020 and is expected to grow up to USD 5 Billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of over 11% during the forecast period.
The Covid-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the market. With low vehicle sales reported in 2020, the major market potential for night vision systems was completely low. Also, with very less or almost zero vehicular movements, the aftermarket sector of the industry did not register many sales. However, with the expected increase in sales of passenger vehicles and increased awareness of safety in both passenger and commercial vehicles, the market is looking forward to reviving and grow economically back to pre-covid conditions.
- Some of the key factors driving the market are the growing public awareness toward road safety, increased sales of luxury cars, and the inclination of automobile manufacturers to develop more advanced technologies to prevent accidents (due to the enactment of stringent regulations by governments and safety organizations).
- Though currently, night vision systems (NVSs) are available only for luxury cars, they are expected to be available in the mass mid-car segments by the end of 2023. However, the high prices of night vision systems pose a significant threat, as the technologies used in systems, like sensors and the display units, are expensive.
- Some of the major players dominating the market are Denso Corp., Autoliv, and Magna International.
Scope of the Report
The Market is Segmented by Technology Type (Far Infrared (FIR), Near Infrared (NIR)), by Display Type (Navigation System, Instrument Cluster, and HUD), by Component Type (Night Vision Camera, Controlling Unit, Display Unit, Sensor, and Other Components), and by Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World). The report offers market size and forecasts for the Automotive Night Vision System in terms of value (USD Billion) for all the above segments.
|Far Infrared (FIR)|
|Near Infrared (NIR)|
|Night Vision Camera|
Key Market Trends
Far Infrared Expected to Register High Demand in Future
The far-infrared (FIR or IR) technology dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to witness the same trend in the coming years. The segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of around 18% during the forecast period.
Night vision sensor systems are becoming more common in vehicles. Different methods using infrared sensors are suggested in the literature to detect vehicles in far-infrared (FIR) images. However, these systems still have low vehicle detection rates, and their performances may be enhanced. Images from cameras with infrared are expected to improve the perception of the driver under low-light conditions. The main drawback of this system is that it cannot display the images at the right time to avoid distracting the driver from road traffic.
Currently, a considerable number of road accidents occur during times of low visibility, such as at night time. However, most existing automobile algorithms and detection systems are focused on daylight vehicle detection with visible spectrum cameras. Studies are going on regarding night-time vehicle detection, along with vehicle lamp detection. Still, these detections are generally affected by different factors, like rain, low illumination, and camera exposure time.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific dominated the market and is expected to witness the same trend in the coming years, followed by Europe and North America. China is the leader in the automotive industry, in every aspect, whether it is the sales or production of vehicles. The growing demand for luxury vehicles in the country is contributing significantly to the night vision system market. The Chinese market for electric vehicles is swiftly growing, and China holds more than half of the electric vehicle market share, globally. In 2017, the country sold 777,000 electric vehicle units, which was 53% more than the total electric vehicle units sold in 2016. The demand for more ADAS functions in electric cars, such as night vision systems, is also growing, with the electric car market.
In Germany, the demand for advanced safety systems, i.e., ADAS, is continually increasing. The importance of night vision systems and automatic emergency braking systems have grown significantly due to the growing number of vehicle accidents. The installation of new plants, by OEM suppliers in the country, is expected to positively impact the growth of the market in the coming years.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The market is highly consolidated by major players, like DENSO Corporation, Autoliv Inc., Audi AG, Daimler AG, and Hella. DENSO Corporation has dominated the market. Denso manufacturers vision sensors that detect pedestrians at night. Vision sensors are included under the information and safety systems segment, which accounted for USD 6 billion in 2017. Millimeter-wave radar and display units are other categories under this segment, which occupies more than 70% of the company’s share in 2017. The electronics division of Autoliv grew by 5%, in 2017, compared to its previous year, to USD 2.3 billion. The sales growth was due to an organic increase in the sales from the active safety division, of which night vision cameras had a significant share.
- In August 2021, Daimler unveiled 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class equipped with Night View Assist Plus, a night vision system that uses infrared technology with a unique camera to provide a clear outlook of the road while driving at dark. This system automatically focuses its headlights on nearby pedestrians and can detect cold objects too.
- In May 2021, FLIR Systems announced the availability of its first European thermal imaging regional dataset and the third in a series of thermal imaging datasets for machine vision testing. Designed to help researchers, developers and auto manufacturers enhance and accelerate work on safety, advanced driver assistance-systems (ADAS), automatic emergency braking (AEB) and autonomous vehicle (AV) systems, the dataset features thousands of annotated thermal images of daytime, night-time and various weather scenarios from six cities across Europe.
- In January 2021, Teledyne Technologies announced that it is acquiring FLIR, a thermal-imaging and night-vision technology company for USD 8 Billion.
- In January 2021, Volvo Cars announced that Night Vision, developed by Raytheon Commercial Infrared, will be available in the Volvo XC90 SUV, which was unveiled at the North American International Auto Show. The Volvo Night Vision system has a 50 percent wider field of view and a deployed combiner mirror head-up display (HUD) that folds flush into the dashboard when not in use.
- In May 2020, FLIR revealed its European thermal imaging dataset for ADAS development. The company expects this data to be used for machine vision testing and help researchers and OEMs to enhance and accelerate the ongoing work on vehicle safety.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Technology Type
5.1.1 Far Infrared (FIR)
5.1.2 Near Infrared (NIR)
5.2 Display Type
5.2.1 Navigation System
5.2.2 Instrument Cluster
5.3 Component Type
5.3.1 Night Vision Camera
5.3.2 Controlling Unit
5.3.3 Display Unit
5.3.5 Other Components
5.4.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Rest of the World
22.214.171.124 South America
126.96.36.199 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles*
6.2.1 Robert Bosch GmbH
6.2.2 DENSO Corporation
6.2.3 Audi AG
6.2.4 Daimler AG
6.2.5 Autoliv Inc.
6.2.6 Visteon Corporation
6.2.7 Magna International Inc.
6.2.8 L3 Technologies Inc.
6.2.9 Raytheon Company
6.2.10 Aisin Seiki Co Ltd
6.2.11 Delphi Automotive PLC
6.2.12 Valeo SA
6.2.13 Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
6.2.14 FLIR Systems Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Automotive Night Vision System Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Automotive Night Vision System Market?
The Automotive Night Vision System Market is growing at a CAGR of >11% over the next 5 years.
What is Automotive Night Vision System Market size in 2018?
The Automotive Night Vision System Market is valued at 3 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Automotive Night Vision System Market size in 2026?
The Automotive Night Vision System Market is valued at 6 Billion USD in 2026.
Which region has highest growth rate in Automotive Night Vision System Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Automotive Night Vision System Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Automotive Night Vision System Market?
FLIR Systems Inc., DENSO Corporation, Audi AG, Daimler AG, Autoliv Inc. are the major companies operating in Automotive Night Vision System Market.