Automotive AI Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
|CAGR:||> 30 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Automotive AI Market Analysis
The Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market is valued at USD 2.3 Billion and is expected to reach USD 16.2 Billion by 2026 exhibiting a growth of over 30% during the forecast period (2021-2026)
- The increase in global demand for autonomous driving is driving the automotive artificial market. By 2030, nearly 12% to 17% of total vehicle sales will comprise of autonomous vehicles. Stringent rules and regulations regarding safe driving is making OEMs across the globe to make huge investments in Advanced driver assistance system (ADAS), computer vision and connected car systems.
- The disposable income of customers in emerging economies such as China and India is increasing and they are opting for luxury segments that comes installed with advanced driver assistance and autonomous systems such as automatic parking, automatic emergency braking, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is driving the latest trends in automotive industry viz. ridesharing and electrification. For instance, in shared mobility, AI helps in fleet management, pricing to match demand and supply. Many big technology companies such as Intel Corporation, Nvidia are now entering the mobility space.
- Asia Pacific is the biggest market for automotive artificial intelligence. In China, the number of OEMs deploying AI in China went up by 4 percentage points from 5% to 9% during 2017-2018. This growth is fueled by open source platform for AI technology by major technology companies. For instance, Internet giant Baidu developed an open source platform, Apollo, that saw partnership from well over 130 companies.
Automotive AI Industry Segmentation
The automotive artificial intelligence market covers the latest trends and technological development in the automotive artificial intelligence, demand of the vehicle type, offering type, level of autonomy, technology, geography, and market share of major automotive artificial intelligence providers across the world.
The automotive artificial intelligence market is segmented by Vehicle Type, Offering Type, Level Of Autonomy, Technology, And Geography.
By Vehicle Type, the market is segmented as Passenger Cars and Commercial Vehicles.
By Offering Type, the market is segmented as Hardware and Software.
By Level of Autonomy, the market is segmented as Semi-Autonomous and Fully Autonomous.
By Technology, the market is segmented as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, And Computer Vision.
and By Geography, the market is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Midle East and Africa.
Automotive AI Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market according to our research experts:
Autonomous Vehicles is fueling the growth of Automotive Artificial Intelligence market
The autonomous vehicles are differentiated on the basis of the level of their autonomy. Level 5 represents the fully autonomous vehicles that require no human intervention for safe operation. Currently, majority of autonomous vehicles on the roads such as Cadillac CT6 and Audi A8 belong to level 2 and level 3 category and they are able to perform at least two functions simultaneously but require a human driver for safe operation. Autonomous vehicles use a large number of various components. For instance, Google’s self-driving prototype vehicles use radar, lasers, sonar and cameras. Uber’s prototypes make use of nearly 64 laser beams and an array of sensors. These sensors collect data from the environment and sends it to the software which processes the input and sends processed signals to the actuators which control the functions such as braking and acceleration.
Through Predictive Analytics, autonomous vehicles can predict the movements of objects in the vicinity of the vehicle. For example, Waymo can anticipate beforehand about the movement of pedestrians on the streets and vehicle movements on various lanes. Shared mobility companies such as DiDi Chuxing is using predictive analytics to anticipate the type of transportation required and the desired quantity and dispatches suitable vehicles according to the need.
Model 3, X and S of Tesla now come equipped with autonomous driving and autopilot that receives signals from AI program that processes sensory data. Tesla’s autopilot can even check the meeting schedule of the driver and will drive him/her to the venue.
Countries such as Japan are facing the problem of an aging population and AI powered autonomous cars can be a great medium of transport for elderly and specially challenged people. Artificial intelligence can pick up data from social media, daily habits of driver and can suggest shops and other important activities based on that. It will pick up low fuel indication and will suggest the nearest gas or charging station.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China is the fastest growing market
China is the largest producer of vehicles in the world and is rapidly including Artificial intelligence in its automotive sector. The number of OEMs deploying AI more than doubled from 5% to 9% in one year during 2017-2018. In 2014, 8 startups associated with autonomous driving received funding. The following year, the number of startups that received funding grew by nearly 288% to 31. Startups such as TuSimple, Horizon Robotics and WeRide received Series D (USD 200 million), Series B (USD 600 million) and Series A+(more than USD 10 million) funding respectively in 2019. Large Chinese tech companies such as Baidu, Tencent and Alibaba are entering into autonomous mobility space by partnering with various OEMs. Alibaba joined hands with SAIC motors to produce connected cars. Baidu has partnered with over 90 firms such as Daimler to provide autonomous mobility support with its self-driving support platform Apollo.
Under “Made in China 2025 strategy”, China plans to master key technologies of intelligent driving and create an ecosystem for research and development, production and usage of smart connected cars to transform its automotive industry by 2025.
One of the largest shared mobility platforms in the world, DiDi Chuxing caters to the need of more than 550 million passengers and completes nearly 10 billion trips a year. DiDi uses extensive use of AI to predict the most suitable mode of transportation, and even destination for the customers. DiDi’s “R-U-Going” feature uses optimized model based on repeated normal distribution to read regularity and predicts the destination with 90% accuracy. DiDi brain is an AI platform that is able to read urban transportation patterns, vehicle and road conditions and performs intelligent dispatch of vehicle to meet the demand.
China’s AI startup DeepBlue’s smart panda autonomous bus is operating in 10 cities and company plans to expand its services in 10 more. Company has made global presence by signing a trial agreement in Greece and a USD 10 million deal to supply buses to Bangkok.
Owing to the mentioned reasons, China is expected to lead the autonomous mobility and automotive artificial intelligence market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Automotive AI Industry Overview
Some of the key players in the market are Waymo, Tesla, Nvidia, BMW AG, Intel Corporation, etc.
- Nvidia has developed and AI Platform called DGX-1 that speeds up the deep learning process and creates and advanced AI infrastructure.
- California based startup Autox is using AI technology to deliver groceries to the customers.
Automotive AI Market Leaders
Waymo LLC (Alphabet Inc.)
DiDi Chuxing Technology Co.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Automotive AI Market News
- In May 2021, Didi Chuxing, announced a strategic partnership with Volvo Cars on autonomous vehicles for DiDi’s self-driving test fleet. Volvo Cars’ autonomous drive-ready XC90 cars will be the first to integrate DiDi Gemini, a new self-driving hardware platform, which is equipped with NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Pegasus. These vehicles, equipped with DiDi’s Gemini self-driving hardware platform, will eventually be deployed in robotaxi services.
- In March 2021, BMW unveiled its next-generation infotainment system, iDrive 8, designed to act as a digital, intelligent and proactive partner for drivers. The system powered by machine learning, natural language processing, AI cloud, and 5G will make its debut with the upcoming BMW iX and i4.
- In February 2021, VolksWagen and Microsoft partnered to develop self-driving car software. VW's new software division will build a cloud-based platform with Microsoft that will help simplify development processes and allow faster integration into its vehicle fleet and make it much easier to deploy software updates to add new features to cars.
- In June 2020, Mercedes-Benz and NVIDIA entered into a cooperation to create a revolutionary in-vehicle computing system and AI computing infrastructure. Starting in 2024, this will be rolled out across the fleet of next-generation Mercedes-Benz vehicles, enabling them with upgradable automated driving functions.
- In March 2020, Waymo announced that it is leveraging AI to generate camera images for simulation by using sensor data collected by its self-driving vehicles. Drawing on feeds from real-world lidar sensors and cameras, the AI creates and preserves rich information about the 3D geometry, semantics, and appearance of all objects within the scene.
Automotive AI Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.1.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.1.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.1.5 Middle East and Africa
18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Tesla Inc.
6.2.2 Waymo LLC (Alphabet Inc.)
6.2.3 Nvidia Corporation
6.2.4 Intel Corporation
6.2.5 DiDi Chuxing Technology Co.
6.2.6 Uber Technologies Inc.
6.2.7 Horizon Robotics Inc.
6.2.8 Microsoft Corporation
6.2.9 BMW AG
6.2.10 Tencent Holdings Limited
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Automotive AI Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market?
The Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market is growing at a CAGR of >30% over the next 5 years.
What is Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market size in 2018?
The Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market is valued at 2 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market size in 2028?
The Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market is valued at 16 Billion USD in 2028.
Which region has highest growth rate in Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market?
Waymo LLC (Alphabet Inc.), Microsoft Corporation, Intel Corporation, DiDi Chuxing Technology Co., BMW AG are the major companies operating in Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market.
Automotive Artificial Intelligence Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Automotive Artificial Intelligence market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Automotive Artificial Intelligence analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.