Automation Testing Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 27.65 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 58.16 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||16.03 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Automation Testing Market Analysis
The Automation Testing Market size is expected to grow from USD 27.65 billion in 2023 to USD 58.16 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 16.03% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The need for automation testing gets propelled by increased demand for testing process automation, solutions for a smooth customer experience, and increased adoption of cutting-edge AI-enabled technologies in software testing environments. As it shortens the test lifecycle, AI is becoming more and more important in testing.
- Increased demand pushes the market for automation of testing processes and solutions for a smooth customer experience. But in the years to come, the market's expansion is anticipated to be hampered by issues, including the growing complexity of implementing the switch from manual to automated testing.
- Moreover, with the rise of the 'shift left approach,' testers started writing test cases just after the requirement was clear, and development continued parallelly with testing. However, the 'shift right approach' focuses on testing, monitoring, and updating the app in production environments rather than completely handling the product's responsibility to the Ops team.
- An increase in demand for testing process automation and solutions that offer a smooth client experience is driving the market for testing automation. However, problems like the increasing difficulty of executing the switch from manual to automated testing will hinder the market's growth in the following years.
- Instead, to safeguard data from unauthorized access, governments adopt data regulation standards from different economies as per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Data Protection Directive. The European Union and the US are two regional laws that must be abided by regarding data storage security and privacy. However, data kept in the cloud is subject to security issues, whereas data kept on-site is entirely safe.
- During the COVID-19 epidemic, companies concentrated on automating IT activities to recover from the crisis. As firms recover from COVID-19, they will invest more in cognitive capabilities, artificial intelligence, and robotic process automation (RPA). The pandemic has made automation and testing a boardroom requirement. As the businesses increase, so is their business continuity strategies and risks. This trend is expected to grow as automated testing has its advantage in time and quality over other forms of testing.
Automation Testing Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Automation Testing Market according to our research experts:
Growing IT & Telecommunication Industry
- With the help of automated testing, IT & telecom organizations can gain quick feedback on the mainframe, and supercharge innovation without having the risk of bottlenecks that disrupt operations, hinder customer experiences, or impact the enterprise's revenues. The enterprises can improve quality, velocity, and efficiency on the mainframe while lowering the problems of the shortage of experienced developers.
- Modern technologies such as IoT, AI, and machine learning are quickly expanding as the automation industry has an excellent opportunity to test these advanced technologies and applications. Currently, most business processes are managed digitally and rule based-software.
- Moreover, Smartphones and internet usage have become indispensable, and the affordability of smartphones, availability of numerous web-based applications, lower data prices, and more end-user spending power contribute to the market's growth.
- End-users download programs depending on the department, and refusal is two factors related to application performance. Furthermore, the development phase and lifecycle of mobile applications are quicker. As a result, companies test productivity, improve test regression cases and minimize time by automating mobile application testing.
- For Instance, in April this year, keysight enabled Xiaomi to validate 5G technology underpinning smartphones. Keysight's automated field-to-lab device test platform solutions leverage artificial intelligence (AI) software and channel emulation capabilities to validate 5G technology underpinning smartphones and internet of things (IoT) devices.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- The automated testing industry will get dominated by North America. The widespread presence of technology providers is the primary driver of the market in the area. To remain competitive on a regional and international scale, these firms emphasize merger and acquisition activity, partnerships and collaborations, and the provision of novel solutions.
- Moreover, the widespread dispersion of technology suppliers is driving the region's market. Innovative consumer electronics such as smart TVs, home appliances, and laptops are becoming increasingly popular in the US and are fueling market demand.
- Along with intelligent consumer gadgets, software, web applications, and operating systems (OS) are intricately linked. As these intelligent consumer products become more generally accepted, the region's demand for test automation services will increase.
- Furthermore, Governments are implementing initiatives to hasten the adoption of new technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, automation, the Internet of Things, mobile and web-based apps, cloud-based services, and other innovations across the region.
- Additionally, the plan for integrating Provarand is the advantages they realized in a case like Canada Drives (a Fintech company dealing in vehicle loans, auto refinancing, mortgages, personal loans, and credit rebuilding loans). Canada Drives saved 38 hours per deployment using Provar's test automation for Salesforce to cut their manual regression effort by 95%. Following the adoption of Provar, Canada Drives also saw a reduction in automation maintenance effort of more than 80%, saving 33 hours per month.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Automation Testing Industry Overview
The automation testing market is moderately competitive and consists of many global and regional players. These industry players, who hold a sizeable portion of the market, are concentrating on growing their international clientele. To get a competitive edge over the projection period, these vendors focus on the research and development investment in developing new solutions, strategic alliances, and other organic & inorganic growth initiatives.
October 2022 - Micro Focus announced its mainframe application modernization solution to integrate with Google Cloud's Dual Run product platform technology for mainframe application migration to Google Cloud that will speed up, automate, and lower the risk.
Automation Testing Market Leaders
Micro Focus International plc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Automation Testing Market News
- October 2022 - SmartBear announced a strategic partnership with China-based DragonSoft, bringing SmartBear software development tools throughout China for improved software quality and innovation with faster releases for organizations.
- October 2022 - Keysight announced the automated and AI-Driven testing introduction to optimizing experiences on 5G smartphones. With automation and artificial intelligence (AI), cellular service providers and application creators may more quickly evaluate how smartphone users engage with native applications in the real world.
Automation Testing Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Demand of Automation Testing Solutions to Provide Seamless Customer Experience
5.1.2 Growing IT & Telecommunication Industry
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Rising Complexities to Implement Transition from Manual to Automation Testing Process
6. IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE AUTOMATION TESTING MARKET
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 Component Type
7.1.1 Testing Solutions
184.108.40.206 Functional Testing
220.127.116.11 API Testing
18.104.22.168 Security Testing
22.214.171.124 Compliance Testing
126.96.36.199 Usability Testing
188.8.131.52 Other Solutins
184.108.40.206 Professional Services
220.127.116.11 Managed Services
7.2 End-user Industry
7.2.1 IT & Telecommunication
7.2.5 Transportation & Logistics
7.2.6 Other End-use Industries (Avaiation, Hospitality, Government, Energy & Power)
7.3.1 North America
7.3.4 Latin America
7.3.5 Middle East and Africa
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 IBM Corporation
8.1.2 Micro Focus International plc
8.1.3 Capgemini SE
8.1.4 Tricentis USA Corp
8.1.5 SmartBear Software Inc.
8.1.6 Parasoft Corporation
8.1.7 Cigniti Technologies Limited
8.1.8 Keysight Technologies Inc
8.1.9 Invensis Technologies Pvt Ltd
8.1.10 Sauce Labs Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Automation Testing Market Research FAQs
How big is the Automation Testing Market?
The Automation Testing Market size is expected to reach USD 27.65 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 16.03% to reach USD 58.16 billion by 2028.
What is the current Automation Testing Market size?
In 2023, the Automation Testing Market size is expected to reach USD 27.65 billion.
Who are the key players in Automation Testing Market?
IBM Corporation, Micro Focus International plc, Capgemini SE, SmartBear Software and Tricentis are the major companies operating in the Automation Testing Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Automation Testing Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Automation Testing Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Automation Testing Market.
Automation Testing Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Automation Testing market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Automation Testing analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.