With the increasing urbanization and increasing awareness amongst the consumers of the importance of health, sports drink market in developing regions, like Asia-Pacific is surging and is expected to offer immense growth opportunities. In Asia Pacific region, many sports activities are attracting the interest of middle aged and geriatric population. People are getting more involved in recreational activities and are also getting aware about the importance of nutrition, which is a major factor for the escalation of the sports drink market.
The Asia-Pacific sports drink market is expected to surge, owing to an increasing percentage of urbanization and growth in the number of fitness centers across the countries, like India and China. The surging demand for natural sweeteners is also expected to drive the growth of the sports drink market in Asia-Pacific, owing to the no or low content of calories in the sweeteners used in the tailoring of the sports drink by the manufacturers in the regional market.
The key trend observed in the Asia-Pacific sports drink market include the inclusion of new sports drink flavors and emerging concept of nutrient timing. The sports drink manufacturers in the region have also offering their products in attractive new flavors, like strawberry, cream, lime, or cucumber with which the manufacturers are expecting a positive response from the consumers.
Sports drinks are segmented into isotonic (fluid, electrolytes and 6 to 8% carbohydrate), hypotonic (fluids, electrolytes and a low level of carbohydrate), and hypertonic (high level of carbohydrate). The sports drinks market is also segmented on the basis of sales channels and brands.
The sports drink market in Asia-Pacific region cover major countries, like China, India, Japan, Australia, and rest of the region. Japan is estimated to be the highest revenue generating country in Asia-Pacific sport drink market owing to the decreased leisure time with the population. Australia is expected to account for the largest share of the overall sales of sports drinks due to a relatively higher percentage of obese population in the country. China and India are expected to register a notable growth during the forecast period (2018 - 2023).
- January 2018 – Food & beverages maker PepsiCo entered into a strategic partnership with Varun Beverages, which will sell and distribute its products in North and East India
- October 2017 – PepsiCo launched energy drink Sting, one of its global brands across organized retail outlets in India
Major Players - Abbott Nutrition Co., AJE Group, Arctico Beverage Company International Inc., Arizona Beverage Company, Britvic PLC, Champion Nutrition Inc., Cloud 9, Coca-Cola, D'angelo, Extreme Drinks Co., Fraser & Neave Holdings BHD, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Living Essentials, Monster Beverage Co., PepsiCo, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.2.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.2.2 Target Market Identification
188.8.131.52 Purchasing Power
184.108.40.206 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
220.127.116.11 Spending Patterns
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Rising demand for low calorie sweeteners
5.1.2 Increasing urbanization and awareness among consumers
5.2.1 Key manufacturers competing in the high growth potential market
5.2.2 Demographic Segmentation
5.3.1 Investment in Innovation
5.3.3 Using social media for advertising of products
5.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Degree of Competition
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Segment Types
6.1.1 Functional Beverages
6.2 By Packaging
6.2.1 Bottles (Pet)
6.2.3 Glass bottles
6.3 By Sales Channel
6.3.1 Convenience Stores
6.4 By Geography
6.4.5 Rest of Asia Pacific
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
7.2 Most Adopted Strategies by Key Players
7.3 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Abbott Nutrition Co.
8.2 AJE Group
8.3 Arctico Beverage Company International Inc.
8.4 Arizona Beverage Company
8.5 Britvic PLC
8.6 Champion Nutrition Inc.
8.7 Cloud 9
8.10 Extreme Drinks Co.
8.11 Fraser & Neave Holdings BHD
8.12 GlaxoSmithKline Plc
8.13 Living Essentials
8.14 Monster Beverage Co.