Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Market Analysis
The Asia Pacific sortation systems market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period.
- The warehouse sector has changed tremendously over the years, from unorganized godown structures to being recognized as a prominent asset class. In the APAC region, the rising wave of consumerism has moved beyond tier-1 markets and is evident in tier 2 & 3 cities, due to increased internet penetration, rising disposable incomes, a young and educated population, and a desire for a higher standard of living. As a result, businesses are moving closer to consumption centers to ensure rapid deliveries to end-users, and in-city warehouse space is gaining importance.
- Digitalization and automation have revolutionized the logistics and warehousing industry, and warehouse inventory management has become even more critical to improving efficiencies, staying competitive, and achieving customer satisfaction. Technologies such as radio frequency identification (RFID) are crucial in warehouses, as they help redesign fundamental warehouse functions to achieve the best outcomes.
- There is an increasing demand for international brands and foreign products among Indian online buyers, creating a significant demand for automated warehouses to handle the increased inflow of parcel volumes. According to Flipkart's 'How India Shops Online 2021' report, the e-retail market is expected to grow to USD 120-140 billion by 2026.
- The COVID-19 pandemic showcased the fragility of manual processes. Many organizations experiencing labor shortages turned to warehouse automation. The pandemic resulted in the improvisation of the supply chain with last-mile delivery, in-city distribution, and various other hybrid models. Companies that invested in automation grew revenue and profitability despite the shutdowns. The increasing availability of tools and techniques has lowered the barriers to entry for companies that may have thought automation solutions were out of reach.
- Warehouses with parcel sortation systems have to process significant order volumes. However, a mixture of different packaging sizes and structures causes significant problems for conveyor and other parcel-sorting technologies regarding the precision, speed, and quality of packaging sortation.
Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Industry Segmentation
Sorting systems are material handling systems used to sort items in warehouses or distribution centers. Sortation systems are the most efficient and productive automated material handling systems used in demanding e-commerce, post and parcel, and wholesale distribution operations. These systems help increase productivity for operations and decrease labor costs because they eliminate the need to hire many people. Automatic sorters range from conveyor-based sorters like the cross-track sorter to carrier-based sorters.
The Asia Pacific sortation systems market is segmented by end-user (post and parcel, airport, food, and beverages, retail, and pharmaceuticals) and geography (China, Japan, Thailand, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, and South Korea)
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million).
|Post and Parcel|
|Food and Beverages|
Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Market Trends
Growing e-commerce market and rapid industrialization are expected to drive the market
- Industrialization is often associated with higher average incomes and improved living standards. Various strategies have been attempted over time, with varying degrees of success. Industrialization leads to economic growth, a more efficient division of labor, and a surge in technological innovation.
- In the Asia-Pacific region, the so-called Asian Tigers - Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, and Singapore - contributed to economic growth by manufacturing goods for global customers. In February 2023, China's manufacturing activity expanded at its fastest pace in more than a decade.
- Governments in developing nations are taking initiatives to encourage the development of communication infrastructure in their countries. Due to cheap labor and the high adoption rate of Industry 4.0, Asia-Pacific is increasingly becoming a hub for manufacturing for many companies.
- India has followed a unique growth trajectory and is poised to be the fastest-growing large economy in the coming years. The country plans to achieve a robust position in the industrial sector by adopting AI and leveraging the next generation of smart industrial clusters, connected factories, and high-productivity assets.
- The B2C ecommerce market in Asia Pacific is predicted to reach 3,758.4 billion USD in 2023, driven by increasing access to smartphone devices, growing internet penetration, and rising disposable income. In Southeast Asia, e-commerce marketplace sellers have experienced strong growth in sales amid the growing shift to online sales channels.
- In August 2022, Buhler launched color sorters for a manufacturing facility in Bangalore. These color sorters are manufactured in a renewable energy facility and will optimize the carbon footprint.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Post and parcel is expected to hold the largest market share
- Automated sortation can significantly reduce manpower and costs, improve label read rates, and enhance product identification. It is crucial for logistics facilities to effectively process their throughput while improving productivity rates at high speeds. However, the adoption of automated parcel sortation processes can accurately handle high volumes at high speeds.
- E-commerce is driving cross-border package deliveries from Asian countries to nations around the world. Online purchasing from foreign websites contributes the most to the post and parcel industry.
- Logistics companies are investing in parcel sortation at local and regional distribution centers. For instance, Cainiao partnered with Thailand’s Flash Express to launch the largest smart warehouse in Southeast Asia.
- For instance, FedEx Express launched an artificial intelligence (AI)-powered intelligent sorting robot in collaboration with Dorabot. The robot, named DoraSorter, can handle small inbound and outbound packages from e-commerce customers in South China. DoraSorter's core function of sorting parcels based on their destination matches the sorting center's operational process.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Industry Overview
With many players involved in this sector, the market is highly fragmented and has the potential to grow further as manufacturers invest in innovative hardware and software features in their products and extend partnerships to expand their business. Some significant players offering services in this sector include Dematic Corp., Daifuku Co. Ltd., Beumer Group GmbH, and Honeywell Intelligrated.
In September 2022, Dexterity and Sumitomo announced a joint project to deploy 1,500 Dexterity-powered robots in warehouses across Japan by 2026. These robots will be equipped with the sense of touch, vision, and intelligence to multi-task, handle complicated goods, and achieve throughput beyond human capacity in repetitive tasks.
In July 2022, Wayzim launched an automatic sorting system in China to improve the efficiency of operations. The newly launched automated singulator system can sort 10,000 pieces per hour through high-intensity handling. The system can automatically convey and sort various items, from small envelopes to cargo up to 30kg. Its visual identification system collects information and controls space by separating the batch stacking of assorted items into a single piece.
In June 2022, Printec entered into a technology alliance with Zhejiang LiBiao Robot Co., Ltd. to improve the efficiency and quality of logistics operations by providing automated solutions in logistics sorting based on the core technology of robots. LiBiao's sorting systems are proficient in dealing with smaller footprints and higher capacity. Over 20,000 LiBiao robots are currently active across China, New Zealand, Australia, the USA, Europe, and Southeast Asia at several client facilities.
Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Market Leaders
Dematic Corp. (KION GROUP)
Daifuku Co. Ltd.
Vanderlande Industries B.V.
Beumer Group GmbH
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Market News
- March 2023: The Indian start-up Unbox Robotics launched sortation robotics, which can assist in parcel sorting and order consolidation. This robotics technology enables customers to process parcel sortation efficiently and scale up their operations. The system can be installed in less than two weeks and can sort items/parcels ranging from 1,000 to 20,000 per hour on demand, making it useful for both small e-commerce startups and large multinational corporations.
- February 2023: Ninja Van, a logistics tech-enabled company, integrated an automation system for parcel sorting. This automation system can weigh, measure, and scan up to 30,000 parcels per hour. The system also provides accurate real-time parcel data, increasing sorting and parcel tracking efficiency.
- September 2022 : Amazon India launched a Sortation Centre in Gujarat, which sorts and connects customer packages to delivery stations in Ahmedabad and other cities in the state. The launch was planned to deliver packages faster, reliably, and safely before the festive season sale.
APAC Sortation Systems Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.2 Market Restraints
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By End-User
6.1.1 Post and Parcel
6.1.3 Food and Beverages
6.2 By Country
6.2.7 South Korea
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Invata Intralogistics, Inc.
7.1.2 Interroll Holding AG
7.1.3 Dematic Corp.(KION GROUP)
7.1.4 Daifuku Co. Ltd.
7.1.6 Bastian Solutions Inc.
7.1.7 Murata Machinery Ltd.
7.1.8 Honeywell Intelligrated
7.1.9 Fives Group
7.1.10 Vanderlande Industries B.V.
7.1.11 Beumer Group GmbH
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
APAC Sortation Systems Market Research FAQs
What is the current Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Market size?
The Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Market?
Dematic Corp. (KION GROUP), Daifuku Co. Ltd., Vanderlande Industries B.V., Beumer Group GmbH and Honeywell Intelligrated are the major companies operating in the Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Market.
Asia Pacific Sortation Systems Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia Pacific Sortation Systems market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia Pacific Sortation Systems analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.