Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia Pacific Machine Vision Systems Market is expected to register a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period. COVID-19 created significant opportunities in the market. For instance, In 2020, India-based Nagarro launched AI-powered solutions based on machine vision technology to help organizations start work amid the COVID-19 crisis. In June 2020, India-based RayVision, a computer vision-based solution as part of RayReach Technologies, ventured into addressing COVID-19 monitoring, such as detecting face masks violation, crowding violation, social distancing violation, PPE violation, and hand sanitizer usage.
- The growing investment in automation and Industry 4.0 technologies, increasing need for safety and inspection vision systems, and high rate of product innovation are significant factors driving the growth of the Asia Pacific machine vision systems market. Machine vision applications like presence detection to real-time inspection and grading tasks in harsh environments are becoming standard across many industries. The recent COVID-19 has further expanded the scope of these applications.
- Over the year, the 2D machine vision system has gained significant application across the region. However, due to many limitations, many end-user industries are embracing 3D systems. Market vendors like OMRON are increasingly investing in the development of 3D machine vision systems.
- Further, Industry 4.0 fueled the development of technologies like robots playing a crucial role in industrial automation, with many core operations in industries being managed by robots. Also, 3D machine vision supports new applications, such as vision-guided robotics and automated butchering. These vision-guided robots are a combination of 2D and 3D cameras.
- Also, AI-powered machine vision is reshaping entire industries ranging from robotics and retail to healthcare and manufacturing. Companies are shifting from an AI vision solution, integrated image sensor module, cables, and GPU modules, to a ready-to-develop edge AI smart camera vision system, which reduces the effort of software and hardware integration, allowing AI vision developers to focus on application development.
Scope of the report
According to the Automated Imaging Association, machine vision includes all industrial and non-industrial applications in which a combination of software and hardware provides operational guidance to devices in the execution of their functions based on the capture and processing of images.
The machine vision system is the substitution of the human visual sense and judgment capabilities with a video camera and computer to perform an inspection task. It is the automatic acquisition and analysis of images to obtain desired data for controlling or evaluating a specific part or activity.
Under component, hardware and software are considered under the scope. The hardware includes vision systems, cameras, optics and illumination systems, frame grabbers, and other types of hardware.
The end-user industry includes electronics and semiconductors, automotive, medical devices and pharmaceuticals, logistic and retail, food and beverages, and other end-user industries.
|Food and Beverage|
|Healthcare and Pharmaceutical|
|Logistic and Retail|
|Electronics and Semiconductors|
|Other End-User Industries|
|Rest of Asia Pacific|
Key Market Trends
Smart Camera-based Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Smart camera-based products are gaining popularity in industries due to the high rate of product innovation and expansion of existing applications in many end-user industries. Also, Smart cameras have long eased the task of machine vision system design. The segment has witnessed continuous innovation in recent years, including models with larger image sensors, emerging embedded vision cameras that function as smart cameras, and new cameras capable of performing deep learning and AI tasks.
- The market witnessed innovations like image sensor resolution in smart cameras has increased, integrating much faster processors or embedded vision cameras with MIPI interfaces, and availability in color and monochrome options are increasingly witnessing in the market, which is also gaining popularity especially after the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Further innovations are driving the region. For instance, In May 2021, Taiwan-based edge computing company ADLINK Technology Inc launched the NEON-2000-JNX series, the industrial AI smart camera that incorporates NVIDIA's new Jetson Xavier NX module. The high performance, small form factor, and ease of development of the new camera pave the way for innovative AI vision solutions in manufacturing, logistics, retail, service, agriculture, smart cities, healthcare and life sciences, and other edge applications.
- Geographically, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to record significant growth in the machine vision systems market that includes smart cameras due to dominance in the global manufacturing market and growing investment in automation technologies in the regional manufacturing and industrial sectors.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Witness Significant Growth
- China is rapidly becoming one of the significant markets for machine vision owing to automation and robotics. In China's machine vision industry, new terminology standards have been adopted. Also, The Chinese 'Machine Vision Industry Union' (CMVU) published the standard 'Terminology for Industrial Digital Cameras' and 'Terminology for Industrial Camera Lenses' in August 2020.
- Although the software segment is showing significant growth potential, the growing development in the overall sensor and semiconductor is also bringing development in the hardware section of the studied market. Companies like Sony are leading innovation in CMOS image sensors globally, even for manufacturing automation applications.
- Manufacturing firms across the country realize the benefits of machine vision systems, mainly where redundant tasks, like inspection, should be performed with precision. These play an essential role in high-speed production lines and hazardous environments. Some of the significant benefits offered by these systems include increased productivity, reduced machine downtime, and tighter process control.
- Further, Vision-guided robots are expected to evolve radically in the region, including electronics, automotive, transportation, and food processing industries. The 3D vision-guided technology mainly dominates these industries due to the massive demand for arc welding, cutting, and palletizing applications.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia Pacific Machine Vision Systems Market is moderately competitive in nature. Product launches, high expense on research and development, partnerships, and acquisitions are the prime growth strategies adopted by the companies in the region to sustain the intense competition.
- August 2021 - Keyence Corporation introduced a customizable vision system XG-X series Advanced programming interface with 3D and linescan capabilities for high-quality, high-speed inspection and control. The XG-X Series provides high-speed, high-resolution cameras for high-accuracy inspection, providing robust solutions to a wide range of manufacturing problems.
- January 2021 - Cognex Corporation announced In-Sight 3D-L4000 embedded vision system. The smart camera, which features 3D laser displacement technology, enables engineers to quickly, effectively, and cost-effectively solve a variety of inspections and testing on automated production lines.
- September 2020 - Omron introduced a new FH Series Vision system, which includes the industry's first defect detection AI technology, which detects defects without learning samples. The artificial intelligence technology, which attempts to simulate sensibility and skilled inspector techniques, reliably detects previously complex defects, automating human vision-based visual inspection.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increased Demand for Smart Factories
5.1.2 Rising Demand for Accurate Defect Detection
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Complications in the Implementation of Mv Systems
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
126.96.36.199 Vision Systems
188.8.131.52 Optics and Illumination Systems
184.108.40.206 Frame Grabber
220.127.116.11 Other Types of Hardware
6.2.2 Smart Camera-based
6.3 End-User Industry
6.3.1 Food and Beverage
6.3.2 Healthcare and Pharmaceutical
6.3.3 Logistic and Retail
6.3.5 Electronics and Semiconductors
6.3.6 Other End-User Industries
6.4.4 Rest of Asia Pacific
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cognex Corporation
7.1.2 Keyence Corporation
7.1.3 Omron Corporation
7.1.4 Basler AG
7.1.5 National Instruments Corporation
7.1.6 Teledyne DALSA
7.1.7 Datalogic SpA
7.1.8 Perceptron Inc
7.1.9 Uss Vision Inc
7.1.10 IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The APAC Machine Vision Systems Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of APAC Machine Vision Systems Market?
The APAC Machine Vision Systems Market is growing at a CAGR of 9.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in APAC Machine Vision Systems Market?
Cognex Corporation, Keyence Corporation, Omron Corporation, IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH, Teledyne DALSA are the major companies operating in APAC Machine Vision Systems Market.