APAC Compound Feed Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
APAC Compound Feed Market Analysis
The Asia-Pacific compound feed market is estimated to register a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the most extensive market and is anticipated to remain the leading consumer of compound feed in the coming years. Increasing incomes, high meat consumption, and high meat production are responsible for the region's dominance. China, Vietnam, Malesia, India, and Indonesia are the major compound feed consumers in the region.
- China and India are this region's leading markets, contributing a major part to the growing demand. China is one of the largest compound feed manufacturers in the world, accounting for half of the production in this region.
- The growing concern for the well-being of animals and government initiatives drive the Asian compound feed market. Despite this, the easy availability of raw materials, and quality control, fluctuating prices are major constraints to the compound feed market.
APAC Compound Feed Industry Segmentation
Compound feed is fodder, which is made by blending several raw materials and additives. These are fed to livestock and aquatic animals.
The Asia Pacific compound feed market report is segmented by ingredients (cereals, oilseeds, oil, molasses, and supplements), supplements (vitamins, amino acids, antibiotics, enzymes, antioxidants, acidifiers, and probiotics & prebiotics), animal type (ruminant, swine, poultry, aquatic, and other types), and geography (China, India, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, and Australia).
The market offers market size in terms of value in USD million.
|Prebiotics and Probiotics|
|Other Animal Types|
|Rest of Asia Pacific|
APAC Compound Feed Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the APAC Compound Feed Market according to our research experts:
Surge in Meat Production and Huge Demand for Meat Protein
- In Asia, the livestock industry is an essential part of agricultural development that has grown remarkably in the last few decades. Large-scale livestock production helps meet the surging demand for livestock products. In addition, farm animals, like poultry, swine, cattle, etc., play an essential economic and social role in Asian countries.
- With rapid economic growth, the demand for meat protein rose significantly in Asia, especially in India, Malaysia, China, and Thailand. The growing demand for meat protein increased meat production and consumption in the region, where the uptake of compound feed increased considerably and is anticipated to increase further during the forecasted period.
- According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), in 2021, total animal meat production increased from 145.4 million metric tons in 2018 to 152 million metric tons in 2019 to meet the increasing demand for meat consumption in countries such as India, China, and the Philippines. Therefore, the surge in meat production and demand will help increase the demand for compound feed in the region during the forecasted period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China dominates the market
- China is one of the largest producers of compound feed globally due to the country's high demand for meat consumption and the high animal population. The presence of large-scale poultry farms in the country, the increase in the animal population, the demand for affordable animal protein, and the continued focus of poultry producers on increasing productivity through a higher feed conversion ratio (FCR) by increasing the use of compound feed are the factors that are expected to increase the demand for feed production.
- In China, consumption of poultry meat increased to 22,913 thousand metric tons in 2021 and is projected to increase to 23,311 thousand metric tons in 2028. This may lead to the growth of poultry in the country. According to Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), poultry meat production increased to 24.6 million metric tons in 2021 from 20.6 million metric tons in 2018.
- The lingering effects of the US-China trade war could offset the plummeting trend of commercial feed prices in the country, mainly owing to the shortage in the supply of feed raw materials. Additionally, increasing the demand for meat-based products will help increase the demand for compound feed in the country.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
APAC Compound Feed Industry Overview
Asia Pacific compound feed market is fragmented, with major companies holding a small part of the market share. Cargill Inc., Charoen Pokphand Foods, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Nutreco, and Alltech Inc., are some of the major players in this region. Major companies concentrated on the acquisitions of small feed mills and increasing production capacity. Some companies increased their geographic presence by expanding their sales to other regions.
APAC Compound Feed Market Leaders
Charoen Pokphand Foods
ADM Animal Nutrition
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
APAC Compound Feed Market News
- May 2022: ADM Animal Nutrition, a global leader in animal nutrition, acquired a feed mill in Polomolok, South Cotabato, from South Sunrays Milling Corporation. The addition is a step forward in providing a wide range of leading-edge products to meet Asia's demand for innovative and high-quality products in the animal nutrition market.
- October 2021: ADM expanded its global nutrition capabilities with the establishment of ADM Food Technology (Pinghu), a state-of-the-art, fully automated flavor production facility in Pinghu, Zhejiang Province, China. The new, leading-edge flavor facility in Pinghu will serve as ADM's flavor supply hub in Asia-Pacific, allowing ADM to leverage expertise and leading-edge technologies and build out the ADM pantry to meet customer needs further and advance our growth strategy.
APAC Compound Feed Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definiton
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.6 Other Ingredients
5.2.2 Amino Acids
5.2.7 Prebiotics and Probiotics
5.2.8 Other Supplements
5.3 Animal Types
5.3.1 Ruminant Feed
5.3.2 Swine Feed
5.3.3 Poultry Feed
5.3.4 Aquatic Feed
5.3.5 Other Animal Types
5.4.7 Rest of Asia Pacific
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Charoen Pokphand
6.3.2 Cargill Inc
6.3.3 Land O Lakes Purina
6.3.4 Alltech Inc.
6.3.5 Archer Daniels Midland
6.3.6 New Hope Group
6.3.8 Miratorg Agribusiness Holding
6.3.9 Kyodo Shiryo Company
6.3.10 Sodrugestvo Group
6.3.11 DeKalb Feeds
6.3.12 De Heus
6.3.13 Ballance Agri-Nutrients
6.3.14 Heiskell & CO.
6.3.15 Kent Feeds
6.3.16 Weston Milling Animal Nutrition
6.3.17 Zheng DA International Group
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
APAC Compound Feed Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Asia Pacific Compound Feed Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Asia Pacific Compound Feed Market?
The Asia Pacific Compound Feed Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific Compound Feed Market?
Cargill Inc., Charoen Pokphand Foods, ADM Animal Nutrition, Alltech Inc., Nutreco are the major companies operating in Asia Pacific Compound Feed Market.
APAC Compound Feed Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia-Pacific Compound Feed market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia-Pacific Compound Feed analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.