The Asia-Pacific agricultural irrigation machinery market has been valued at over USD XX in 2016 and is estimated to reach USD XX by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 9.19% during the forecast period. Irrigation mechanization involves methods through which the crucial and scarce water resource can be optimally distributed. The most prominent mechanisms are the drip and sprinkler irrigation systems. Drip irrigation involves the release of water at the ground level in a dripping manner, whereas, sprinkler systems deliver water in a more voluminous fashion.
Water is the critical input required in any geographical condition. Before the advent of mechanization, farmers depended on natural sources for irrigation. However, mechanization in agriculture has moved well past tractors, to encompass every aspect of the crop production cycle. Mechanization not only helps to increase productivity and yield per hectare, but it also helps to reduce the water consumption in the farm. In the current agricultural scenario, water scarcity is a major challenge but at the same time a key propellant for the use of micro irrigation machinery systems. In most of the countries, water scarcity leads to the deterioration of food production quality and quantity. Fragmented land needs a controlled amount of water where the irrigation system proved fruitful. Irrigated land is twice productive than the rain-fed land.
Most of the farmers are small holdings farmers and, thus, cannot afford the sophisticated irrigated machineries. Some of the tropical countries, where most of the agricultural lands are rain-fed, irrigations systems are useful only for a short period and customization of the crop as per the geography is quite challenging.
Some of the major drivers of this market are an improvement in the food productivity and replacement of the declining farming population in the region with agricultural machinery, governments of countries within Asia-Pacific are responding in support of the agricultural machinery market through incentives, subsidies and new enhanced regulations, to improve and modernize the industry. Increasing population has led to a high demand for food, and with the shrinkage of arable lands, the agricultural equipment market is driven owing to the high productivity offered due to the use of this equipment. The introduction of advanced equipment for farming has led to high productivity, low efforts and low man power which in-turn drive the growth of the market.
However, the high price of this equipment may restrain the growth of the agricultural equipment market. Nevertheless, major players focus on technological advancement and innovation, coupled with the increasing demand from the upcoming economies are likely to accelerate the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The Asia-Pacific irrigation machinery market has been segmented based on the type of irrigation and by geography.
By Irrigation Type:
- Sprinkler Irrigation
- Drip Irrigation
The major companies in the Asia-Pacific irrigation machinery market are:
- Deere & Company
- EPC Industries Limited
- Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
- Lindsay Corporation
- Nelson Irrigation Corporation
- Netafim Limited
- Rain Bird Corporation
- The Toro Company
- T-L Irrigation Co.
- Valmont Industries Inc.
Key Deliverables of the Study
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific irrigation machinery market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a country-wise and regional scale.
- Market definition, along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific irrigation machinery market on both, country-wise and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phase
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
4.1 Current Global Market Scenario
4.2 Technology Trends
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.4 Value & Supply Chain Analysis
5.5 Porter's Five Forces Framework
5.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.5.5 Competitive Rivalry Within the Industry
6. ASIA-PACIFIC AGRICULTURAL IRRIGATION MACHINERY MARKET SEGMENTATION, BY IRRIGATION TYPE
6.1 Sprinkler Irrigation
6.1.1 Pumping Unit
6.1.1 Spray/Sprinklers Heads
6.1.1 Fittings and Accessories
6.2 Drip Irrigation
6.2.2 Backflow Preventers
6.2.3 Pressure Regulators and Valves
6.2.4 Fittings and Accessories
6.2.9 Drip Tubing/Hose
6.2.10 Drip Tube Fittings
6.2.11 Air Vent
7. ASIA-PACIFIC AGRICULTURAL IRRIGATION MACHINERY MARKET SEGMENTATION, BY GEOGRAPHY
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Latest Products & Developments of Key Players
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1 Nelson Irrigation Corporation
9.2 Netafim Limited
9.3 EPC Industries Limited
9.4 Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
9.5 T-L Irrigation Co.
9.6 The Toro Company
9.7 Valmont Industries
9.8 Deere & Company
9.9 Lindsay Corporation
9.10 Rain Bird Corporation
9.11 Rivulis Irrigation
10. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET