The Asia-Pacific proteomics market is projected to reach USD 6.96 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 15.31% during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021.
Proteomics involves a complete analysis of proteins in complex biological samples. It has evolved as an exciting but challenging discipline. The invention of Mass Spectrometry (MS) has revolutionized the study of proteomics. Continuous improvisation of MS instrumentation has enabled the researchers for better analysis of the proteome. The application of MS is not limited to proteome analysis but also extends to metabolites, lipids, carbohydrates, and metals, among others. One of the remarkable achievements in proteomics was combining liquid chromatography systems with MS.
The market is driven by the increased R&D activities in the proteomics field, increased government and private funding for proteomics, and increased technological innovations for the purification and extraction of proteins. However, the market has been witnessing some major restraints, such as the high cost of equipment and strict regulatory norms that make approval of the process of proteomic technology costly and lengthy.
In this report, the market is segmented by instrumentation technology, services market, application, and geography. The instrumentation technology segment is further segmented into protein microarray, spectroscopy, X-ray crystallography, chromatography, electrophoresis, and others. The services segment is further segmented into analytical laboratory services and data analysis & maintenance. The application segment is further segmented into drug discovery, clinical diagnosis, and others. By geography, the market has been divided into India, China, and Japan.
This market is dominated by the protein microarray segment, which accounts for almost half of the market share, followed by the spectroscopy segment, which holds 35.0% of the market share. The two major categories of protein microarrays that are currently available in the market are analytical and functional protein microarrays. Functional protein microarrays are increasingly applied to many areas of drug discovery. Analytical protein microarrays, which are mostly antibody microarrays, are the most commonly used multiplexed detection technologies.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Affymetrix Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Sigma-Aldrich Corp
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific Proteomics Market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific proteomics market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Market Size Estimation
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Market Drivers
3.3 Market Restraints
3.4 Market Opportunities
4. Global Proteomics Market- Segmentation
4.1 By Instrumentation Technology
4.1.1 Protein Microarray
4.1.3 X-Ray Crystallography
4.2 By Services Market
4.2.1 Analytical Laboratory Services
4.2.2 Data Analysis & Maintenance
4.3 By Applications
4.3.2 Drug Discovery
4.3.3 Clinical Diagnosis
4.4 By Geography
5. Competitive Analysis
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 New Product Launches
5.3 Agreements & Collaborations
5.5 Other Developments
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
6.2 Danaher Corporation
6.3 Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
6.4 Affymetrix Inc.
6.5 Sigma-Aldrich Corp
6.6 GE Healthcare