Argentina represents the second largest, as well as the second fastest growing market for gluten-free food & beverage in South America. While dairy/dairy substitutes form the largest segment of gluten-free food & beverage in the region, with an estimated share of 24% in 2016, growth in demand is likely to be the fastest for gluten-free bread products, cookies, and snacks.
Wheat, barley, rye, and their derivatives are found to contain the protein called gluten, and individuals sensitive to it exhibit mild symptoms of intolerance such as chronic diarrhea and vomiting. However, there exists a sizeable population that shows typical symptoms of intolerance known as celiac disease. This is an inherited autoimmune disorder in which gluten damages the small intestine, with the only remedy for it being a strict gluten-free diet for life.
Gluten-free products demand in Argentina has now widened beyond medical needs (only celiac patients). The market has started to grow beyond people who were just need-based and into a lifestyle choice. The market for gluten-free products is highly competitive, with innovation in products being a major strategic approach adopted by leading players. This trend is likely to continue in the future, as the established set of players seek to garner increased market share.
The Argentina gluten-free food & beverage market is primarily segmented based on the type of food products. Bread products are the leading sub-segment in Argentina wherein gluten-free concept is intensively incorporated, followed by cookies and snacks.
- The gluten-free food truck T&E Catering has announced opening a full-service restaurant in the United States that will serve 100% gluten-free foods.
- Artesa Chickpea Flour launched by Nutriati, Inc., of Richmond, Virginia, and PLT Health Solutions has been touted to solve taste and texture concerns associated with chickpea flour.
Major players include Dr. Schar, General Mills Inc., Gallo Snacks, Macritas Nachos, H.J. Heinz Company, Smams, Patagonia, Kelkin Ltd, Merengo Libre, Noquis, Pamela's Products, Quinoa Corporation, Raisio PLC, and CeliGourmet.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Studying the market dynamics, essentially considering the factors which impel the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Regional and country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Increasing Awareness of Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance in Consumers
3.1.2 Increasing Disposable Income
3.1.3 Enhanced Taste of Food Free from Gluten
3.2.1 Less Awareness on Celiac Disease in Developing Countries
3.2.2 Nutritional Loss and Weight Gain Issues Associated with Gluten-free Products
3.3.1 Rising Demand for Organic and Fresh Food Segment
3.3.2 Innovation in Products
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of Competition
3.4.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.5 Threat of Substitutes
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.2 Bread Products
4.1.3 Cookies and Snacks
4.1.4 Condiments, Seasonings, and Spreads
4.1.5 Dairy/Dairy Substitutes
4.1.6 Meat/Meat Substitutes
4.1.7 Other Gluten-free Products
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategies Adopted by Major Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Dr. Schar
6.3 Gallo Snacks
6.4 General Mills Inc.
6.5 H.J. Heinz Company
6.6 Kelkin Ltd
6.7 Macritas Nachos
6.8 Merengo Libre
6.10 Pamela's Products
6.12 Quinoa Corporation
6.13 Raisio PLC
*List not Exhaustive