|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Application Specific Analog IC Market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.10% during the forecast period (2022 - 2027). Factors such as rising factory automation, miniaturization of semiconductors, and advancements in the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) are driving the growth of the studied market.
- Analog integrated circuits deal with the design and analysis of modem analog circuits using integrated bipolar and field-effect transistor technologies. The analog integrated circuit (IC) operates over an entire range of continuous signal amplitude values, which are used for various functions that require variable output signals for radio-frequency and audio-frequency amplifiers.
- The increasing usage of analog ICs in various applications, such as consumer electronics, automotive driver assistance systems (ADAS), and industrial sectors, has contributed to the growth of the analog IC market. The rising adoption of analog ICs in electric automotive is one of the major factors driving its demand. Analog ICs are essential for vehicle automation, as they provide accurate information for the inbuilt artificial intelligence (AI).
- Analog ICs play a key role in the automation of automobiles, especially in networked communications and driving automation, which are the primary requirements of driverless/autonomous cars. According to the NASDAQ, driverless vehicles will likely dominate the market by 2030.
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the global supply chain and manufacturing sector have been disrupted. The COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent supply chain uncertainties significantly impacted the global economy in 2020 and 2021. This has disrupted the financial markets, negatively impacted the global supply chain, and increased the cost of materials and operations, particularly within the global automotive industry.
- The growing adoption of IoT in various industries is expected to propel the market's growth, owing to the benefits offered by analog ICs, across a considerable range of real-time connected devices and applications. Analog ICs have dynamic power consumption characteristics and signal-processing capabilities required to configure an ecosystem of automated devices.
Scope of the Report
An analog integrated circuit (IC) is a fundamental component in most electronic devices, the most basic circuit that is a part of a larger electronic circuit. Global Application Specific Analog IC Market is segmented by Application (Consumer, Computer, Communications, Automotive, Industrial) and Geography.
|Industrial and Others|
|Rest of the World|
Key Market Trends
Increased Consumer Electronics Penetration to Drive the Market Growth
- The increasing usage of analog ICs in consumer electronic devices fuels the demand. The growing penetration of smartphones and smart devices is augmenting the demand for analog integrated circuits. From smart speakers and wearables to voice-controlled TV remotes, consumers love using voice to interact with the always-on smart electronic products in their lives.
- Smartphones command a significant market share, and with the advent of 5G smartphones, the demand is expected to increase even further. Global companies, like Samsung, are increasingly investing in the semiconductor business to become prominent smartphone vendors in the 5G smartphone space.
- In January 2022, China's shipments of smartphones compatible with 5G networks increased by 63.5% to 266 million in 2021 as falling prices boosted demand, according to the report by the China Academy of Information and Communications (CAICT). The report also stated that 5G smartphone shipments accounted for 75.9% of Chinese shipments, higher than a global average of 40.7%.
- The increasing adoption of smart wearables, like smartwatches and fitness bands, and their increasing functionality are also expanding the growth of the consumer electronics segment. For instance, in April 2021, Fitbit announced its new Luxe fitness tracker, a buttonless tracker. It is supported for Android and iOS devices. It also supports Google Fast Pair for pairing more quickly to Android devices and supports connected GPS while paired to the phone.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The increased adoptions of smartphones, wearables, and vehicle automation are the prime factors driving the growth of the Asia-Pacific segment. Rising smartphone adoption rates have made Asia-Pacific one of the largest mobile markets in the world. This is due to the increasing population growth and urbanization.
- As per the GSM Association, more than 4 out of 5 connections will be smartphones by 2025. This trend is expected to increase the analog integrated circuit (Analog IC) usage for smartphones in this region.
- The increasing focus on IoT platforms is boosting this region's growth prospects for analog ICs. With countries such as China, India, and South Korea, actively trying to strengthen the IoT platforms, governments of these developing countries are focusing on entering various public and private collaborations on leveraging IoT advancements for smart cities, automation, and other industrial applications, thus reinforcing the development of the Asia-Pacific segment.
- Also, China is targeting sales of 7 million EVs by 2022 to battle air pollution and dependence on foreign oil. The Chinese government has been formulating technology standards and industry guidelines for autonomous vehicles. Beijing became the country's first city to allow open road tests for autonomous cars.
- Due to the global semiconductor chip shortage, various countries are taking initiatives to boost semiconductor production. For instance, in December 2021, India announced the Semicon India Program intending to make India a global leader in semiconductor manufacturing, design, and innovation. The program will provide incentive support to companies engaged in silicon semiconductor fabs, display fabs, and semiconductor design.
- With governmental support, the regional vendors have been increasing their production capacities, especially in countries including China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan, to meet the increasing global demand for Analog ICs.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global application-specific analog IC market is significantly competitive and is witnessing a rise in competitiveness among companies. The market consists of various major players, such as Texas Instruments Incorporated, STMicroelectronics, and NXP Semiconductors. In terms of market share, these significant players currently dominate the market. However, with increasing technology innovations, many companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and tapping new markets.
- June 2022 - Toshiba Electronic Devices and Storage Corporation and Japan Semiconductor Corporation developed a highly reliable and versatile analog platform with an embedded non-volatile memory (eNVM) for automotive applications. The 0.13-micron generation analog platform, applied to analog integrated circuits, offers an optimized combination of processes and devices.
- September 2021 - Siemens Digital Industries Software introduced the mPower integrity solution for analog, digital, and mixed-signal IC designs. The new software will provide a power integrity verification solution for unlimited scalability for analog, digital, and mixed-signal ICs, enabling ample power, voltage drop (IR), and electromigration (EM) analysis for even the largest IC designs.
- June 2022 - Kinetic Technologies, an analog, and mixed-signal semiconductor company, announced the acquisition of Gain Semiconductor Incorporated. The acquisition will help the company bring superior motor and motion control to the market.
- March 2022 - Analog Devices (ADI), a United States-based semiconductor company, has announced its plans to invest EUR 100 million in Ireland. The investment will support ADI Catalyst, a 100,000 square foot custom-built facility for innovation and collaboration at its campus in the Raheen Business Park in Limerick, on the West coast of Ireland. It aims to accelerate collaborative innovation and support R&D in Europe.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumption And Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power Of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat Of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat Of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity Of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Impact Of Covid-19 On The Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growth in Factory Automation
5.1.2 Rapid adoption of Electric Automobiles
5.1.3 Advancements in Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
5.2 Market Challenges/Restraints
5.2.1 Growing Design Complexity with Increasing Applications
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Application
6.1.5 Industrial and Others
6.2 By Geography
6.2.1 North America
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2.4 Rest of the World
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Texas Instruments Incorporated
7.1.3 NXP Semiconductors
7.1.4 Microchip Technology Inc.
7.1.6 Renesas Electronics Corporation
7.1.7 Skywork Solutions Inc.
7.1.8 Maxim Integrated Products Inc.
7.1.9 Analog Devices, Inc.
7.1.10 Infenion Technologies
7.1.11 Taiwan Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Application Specific Analog IC Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Application Specific Analog IC Market?
The Application Specific Analog IC Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.1% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Application Specific Analog IC Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Application Specific Analog IC Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Application Specific Analog IC Market?
Texas Instruments Incorporated, STMicroelectronics, NXP Semiconductors, Infineon Technologies AG, Analog Devices, Inc. are the major companies operating in Application Specific Analog IC Market.