|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Amphoteric Surfactant Market is projected to register a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Amphoteric is surfactants with an ionic charge, which can change between anionic properties, the isoelectric neutral stage, and the cationic properties depending on the pH value. Amphoteric surfactants possess the properties of stability against electrolytes, acids, alkalis, and hard water. Amphoteric Surfactants find their best application in the personal care and cosmetics industry. Due to COVID-19, consumers have been locked out for months, international travel bans have been imposed, and retail businesses have been shuttered. The beauty and personal care industry's purchase and usage business has changed dramatically, and many beauty segments' sales have decreased. However, fear of becoming ill has fueled an increased desire to “kill and disinfect” when cleaning. Consumers increased their exposure to cleaning products during the pandemic by cleaning more and spending more time in their homes. Thus increased the market for amphoteric surfactants.
- Over the short term, the major factor driving the market is the growing demand from the personal care industry.
- On the flip side, health concerns and stringent environmental regulations are hindering market growth.
- The Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the increasing consumption from countries, such as China, India, and Japan.
Scope of the Report
Amphoteric surfactant refers to the surfactant that has both anionic and cationic hydrophilic groups and a structure that contains hermaphroditic ions that can form cation or anion depending on the ambient conditions such as pH changes. The amphoteric surfactant market is segmented by type, application, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into betaines, amphoacetates, aminoxides, and other types. By application, the market is segmented into personal care and cosmetics, detergents and industrial cleaning agents, oil and gas, flame retardants, and other applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the Amphoteric Surfactant Market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of value (USD Million).
|Personal Care and Cosmetics|
|Detergents and Industrial Cleaning Agents|
|Oil and Gas|
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from the Personal Care and Cosmetics Industry
- Amphoteric surfactants are used in the personal care products such as shampoos, shower, and bath products (body soaps) to improve the lathering, detergency, feel of use, and to reduce irritation. These surfactants are mostly used as secondary surfactants in personal care formulation by pairing with the anionic primary surfactant, such as sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium lauryl ether sulfate.
- Amphoteric surfactants are often referred to as zwitterionic surfactants, which are widely used in the personal care industry and are expected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period.
- As personal care products and cosmetics are in high demand, the demand for amphoteric surfactants is rapidly expanding, owing to the high demand for skin care, hair care, and other personal products.
- Low toxicity, antibacterial properties, low irritation on skin and eyes, excellent resistance to hard water, and excellent compatibility with various surfactants characterize amphoteric surfactants. As a result, it can be used as high-safety shampoo foaming agents, detergent fiber, cosmetics, microbicides, and other personal care products.
- The amphoteric surfactants market in the personal care application is increasing due to increasing urbanization, a growing number of working women, changing lifestyles, and rising awareness about hygiene and skincare products.
- According to US Census Bureau, the industry revenue of soap and cleaning compound manufacturing in the United States is estimated to around USD 35.51 billion in 2021.
- Additionally, according to a report published by the Ministry of Economy and Industry, the beauty and personal care (BPC) industry in the country is expected to reach more than USD 10 billion by 2021, at an estimated growth rate of 5%-6% annually. The personal care and cosmetics sector in India is expected to register continuous growth, with increasing shelf space in retail stores and boutiques in India.
- Owing to all the aforementioned growth depicting factors, increasing usage in personal care and cosmetics are expected to drive the market for the amphoteric surfactant during the forecast period despite the temporary impact caused by the outbreak of COVID-19.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for amphoteric surfactants during the forecast period due to an increase in demand from countries like China and India.
- Amphoteric surfactants are widely used in detergents and cleaning agents because of their good cleansing and lather characteristics, as well as they are compatible with a wide range of pH. The growing population, along with changes in lifestyle, are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- India is among the largest manufacturers of soap in the world. Moreover, India has the largest rural population with a share of about 65%; the growing awareness of health benefits is expected to drive the market.
- The growing demand for the personal care industry in countries like China and India is expected to drive the market. The growing awareness for hygiene and the knowledge inherited from controlling deadly diseases like COVID-19, the growth for personal care like handwashes and soaps are expected to drive the market.
- In agriculture, amphoteric surfactants are used in the production of pesticides to increase crop protection and productivity. In India, agriculture had about a 19.9% share in 2020-2021of the total GDP, with the government initiatives and various schemes to promote agriculture are expected to drive the market.
- In China, according to the National Bureau of Statistics China, the gross production value of agricultural industries in 2019 was YEN 12,396.79 billion.
- Their applications in the daily chemical industry, textile industry, food, pharmaceuticals, dyes, and pigments are growing due to their low toxicity and low irritation on the skin and eyes during the usage process, as well as excellent biodegradability, resistance to hard water, emulsifying, dispersing, wetting, foaming, antistatic property, and high compatibility with all other types of surfactants.
- Textile finishing auxiliaries, dyeing auxiliaries, dispersants, and dry cleaning agents are all possible applications. Although its price is a little high, some of the above advantages make the application sufficient in some cases to compensate for the high price's flaws.
- According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, in December 2020, approximately 3.81 billion meters of clothing fabric were produced in China. Monthly textile production volume was consistently above three billion meters throughout 2019 and 2020.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for the amphoteric surfactant market in Asia-Pacific during the forecast period. However, the outbreak of COVID-19 has hindered the market growth to some extent which is expected to revive during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global amphoteric surfactant market is partially fragmented, with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few major companies include BASF SE, Clariant, Evonik Industries AG, Solvay, and Kao Corporation.
In January 2021, The Solvay Group announced that it agreed to sell its North American and European amphoteric surfactant business to OpenGate Capital, a private equity firm with headquarters in Los Angeles.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from the Personal Care Industry
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Health Concerns and Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market Studied
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.4 Other Types
5.2.1 Personal Care and Cosmetics
5.2.2 Detergents and Industrial Cleaning Agents
5.2.3 Oil and Gas
5.2.4 Flame Retardants
5.2.5 Other Applications
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Alfa Chemistry
6.4.2 BASF SE
6.4.3 Chempri BV
6.4.5 Croda International PLc
6.4.6 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.7 Kao Corporation
6.4.8 KLK OLEO
6.4.9 NOF CORPORATION
6.4.10 Pilot Chemical Corp.
6.4.11 STOCKMEIER Group
6.4.12 The Lubrizol Corporation
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Development of High Performance Surfactants
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Amphoteric Surfactant Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Amphoteric Surfactant Market?
The Amphoteric Surfactant Market is growing at a CAGR of 4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Amphoteric Surfactant Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Amphoteric Surfactant Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Amphoteric Surfactant Market?
Clariant, Solvay, BASF SE, Kao Corporation, Evonik Industries AG are the major companies operating in Amphoteric Surfactant Market.