The North American digital X-ray market was estimated at USD 2.5 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 4.7 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 17.31%.
North America Digital X-ray Market-Market Dynamics
The report details several factors driving and restraining the market, some of which are listed below.
- Technological advancements
- Government investments
- Aging population
- Growing incidence of diseases requiring diagnosis
- Rise in the number of regulatory approvals
- New and innovative devices launched in the market
The lack of reimbursement and regulatory procedures limit the growth of the digital X-ray market.
The market is segmented based on application (mammography, chest imaging, dental and other applications), technology (computer radiography, direct radiography), portability (fixed systems, portable systems), products (digital X-ray systems and components), and end-users (diagnostic centers and hospitals). Based on geography, the US has the largest share of the market.
The North American X-ray market is dominated by computer radiography X-ray systems by technology because of the fact that they are relatively less expensive than digital radiography X-ray systems and entail less re-training of medical practitioners.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Carestream Health (US)
- GE Healthcare (UK)
- Hologic Inc. (US)
- Siemens Healthcare (Germany)
What the Report Offers
- Market analysis for the North American digital X-ray market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Market Description
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Analysis
3.1 Recent Market Trends
3.2 Market Size Estimation
3.3 Market Share Estimation, Based on Products
3.4 Market Share Estimation, Based on Location
3.5 Market Dynamics
3.5.1 Market Drivers
126.96.36.199 Technological Advancements
188.8.131.52 Government Investments
184.108.40.206 Aging Population
220.127.116.11 Growing Prevalence of Diseases Requiring Diagnosis
18.104.22.168 Rise in the Number of Regulatory Approvals
3.5.2 Market Restraints
22.214.171.124 Regulatory Procedures to Limit the Growth of Digital X-ray Market
126.96.36.199 Lack of Reimbursement
3.5.3 Market Challenges
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Application
4.1.2 Chest Imaging
4.1.4 Other Applications
4.2 By Technology
4.2.1 Computed Radiography
4.2.2 Direct Radiography
4.3 By Portability
4.3.1 Fixed Systems
188.8.131.52 Floor-to-Ceiling Mounted Systems
184.108.40.206 Ceiling-Mounted Systems
4.3.2 Portable Systems
220.127.116.11 Mobile Systems
18.104.22.168 Handheld Systems
4.4 By Product
4.4.1 Digital X-ray Systems
22.214.171.124 New digital X-ray Systems
126.96.36.199 Retrofit X-ray Systems
188.8.131.52.1 Flat Panel Detectors
184.108.40.206.2 CCD & CMOS
220.127.116.11 Other Components
4.5 By End-User
4.5.1 Diagnostic Centers
18.104.22.168 Small Size Hospitals
22.214.171.124 Medium Size Hospitals
126.96.36.199 Large Size Hospitals
4.6 By Price
4.6.1 New Digital X-ray Systems
4.6.2 Retrofit X-ray Systems
4.7 By Geography
4.7.1 North America
5. Key Products in Market
5.1 General Radiography
5.5 Mobile C-arm
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Share analysis
6.2 New Product Launches
6.3 Agreements, Partnerships, and Collaborations
7. Major Players in Market
7.1 Siemens Healthcare (Germany)
7.2 GE Healthcare (UK)
7.3 Hologic Inc. (US)
7.4 Carestream Health (US)