Aircraft Door Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 5.41 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 7.13 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Aircraft Door Market Analysis
The Aircraft Door Market size is estimated at USD 5.41 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 7.13 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 5.69% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
- The COVID-19 pandemic drastically reduced air passenger traffic, which in turn led to a decline in the demand for commercial aircraft. With airlines deferring their orders to later dates, the aircraft OEMs were also forced to reduce their production rates for select models of commercial aviation aircraft to enhance their liquidity. This led to a drastic reduction in the demand for airframe structures, including aircraft doors from the OEM sector, and the revenue of the market players during that time was sourced majorly from the aftermarket segment. However, with the resumption of aircraft deliveries, the aircraft door market has witnessed a steady recovery and is envisioned to grow as per the growth patterns exhibited by the aviation industry.
- The rising procurement of new aircraft across the entire aviation sector has led to an increase in demand for aircraft parts and components such as doors. Increasing tourism activities and corporate travel are additional factors contributing to the market growth.
- An aircraft door increases the overall weight of an aircraft. Thus, compared to the traditional doors of an aircraft, new aircraft doors are engineered so that they offer superior strength while reducing the weight of the door. Manufacturers are working on lightweight products with new techniques to maintain the strength-to-weight ratio of the door components.
Aircraft Door Market Trends
Commercial Segment to Witness Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
- The commercial segment is expected to lead the market size owing to the surge in passenger traffic and increasing aircraft procurement by airline companies. After the COVID-19 travel restrictions were lifted partially, there was significant growth in air passenger traffic in 2021 compared to 2020. In 2022 air passenger traffic has increased with the complete lifting of restrictions.
- According to recent reports by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the air passenger traffic in March 2022 was more than 76% compared to that in March 2021. With the increased air passenger traffic, many airlines increased their fleet size and modernized the existing aircraft. For instance, United Airlines, the American carrier, is scheduled to receive 149 new aircraft in 2023.
- In February 2023, Air India announced an order for 470 aircraft with Airbus and Boeing. The order consists of 210 Airbus A320neo family aircraft, 40 Airbus A350, 190 Boeing B737 MAX, 20 Boeing B787-9, and 10 Boeing B777-9 aircraft, with deliveries beginning in late 2023. In 2022 Airbus delivered a total of 676 commercial aircraft, more than in the preceding year, 2021. Boeing delivered 480 commercial aircraft, which is an increase in deliveries of 41% compared with 340 in 2021. Thus, increasing aircraft procurement will ultimately raise the growth of the aircraft door market.
Asia Pacific to Grow with the Highest CAGR During the Forecast Period
- The aircraft door market is expected to show robust growth in the Asia-Pacific region during the forecast period. The robust economic growth, favorable population, and demographic profiles of the populace in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region are driving the air passenger traffic in the region. The region has seen a significant increase in air passenger traffic during the past decade, mostly due to the tourist destinations in the region and the ease of access to air travel, which is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- In addition to China and India, which are two of the largest aviation markets in the world, countries like Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, and the Philippines, are experiencing an unprecedented increase in air passenger traffic from tourists exploring cheaper holiday locations.
- In addition, the procurement of military aircraft to replace the aging fleet is increasing in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific. For instance, in June 2022, the Indian Air Force announced its plans to acquire 114 Multirole Fighter Aircraft (MRFA) under the 'Buy Global and Make in India' scheme, under which Indian companies would be allowed to partner with a foreign vendor. In July 2023, Australia announced that it would spend AUD 9.8 billion to buy 20 new Super Hercules military transport aircraft. Thus the demand for new aircraft is expected to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Aircraft Door Industry Overview
The aircraft doors market is consolidated. Some of the prominent players in the aircraft door market are Aernnova Aerospace S.A..LATECOERE, Safran, GKN Aerospace (GKN plc), and Collins Aerospace (RTX Corporation).
As most of the contracts signed in this market are long-term, the existing prominent players will enjoy constant revenues for the ongoing aircraft programs, and it is difficult for new players to enter and grow in the market. Hence the focus has increased on new and upcoming aircraft programs, as these may open new possibilities of growth for the new and emerging players.
Acquisitions and joint ventures between the aircraft OEMs are expected to make the market more competitive as door manufacturers will have limited buyers, which in the long term can force smaller players to cease operation or shift to other businesses.
Aircraft Door Market Leaders
Aernnova Aerospace S.A.
GKN Aerospace (GKN plc)
Collins Aerospace (RTX Corporation)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Aircraft Door Market News
- March 2023: Airbus SE awarded a contract to Tata Advanced Systems Ltd. (TASL) to manufacture cargo and bulk cargo doors for the Airbus A320neo family.
- December 2021: LATECOERE announced that the company's Aerostructures division will design and build the Falcon 10X passenger door.
Aircraft Door Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.3 General Aviation
5.2 Door Type
5.2.5 Landing Gear
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Aernnova Aerospace S.A.
6.2.2 SICAMB S.p.A
6.2.3 Hellenic Aerospace Industry
6.2.4 Collins Aerospace (RTX Corporation)
6.2.6 Terma Group
6.2.7 SAAB AB
6.2.8 Triumph Group
6.2.10 Elbit Systems Ltd.
6.2.11 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
6.2.12 GKN Aerospace (GKN plc)
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Aircraft Door Market Research FAQs
How big is the Aircraft Door Market?
The Aircraft Door Market size is expected to reach USD 5.41 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 5.69% to reach USD 7.13 billion by 2029.
What is the current Aircraft Door Market size?
In 2024, the Aircraft Door Market size is expected to reach USD 5.41 billion.
Who are the key players in Aircraft Door Market?
Aernnova Aerospace S.A., Safran, LATECOERE, GKN Aerospace (GKN plc) and Collins Aerospace (RTX Corporation) are the major companies operating in the Aircraft Door Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Aircraft Door Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Aircraft Door Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Aircraft Door Market.
What years does this Aircraft Door Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Aircraft Door Market size was estimated at USD 5.10 billion. The report covers the Aircraft Door Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Aircraft Door Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Aircraft Door Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Aircraft Door market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Aircraft Door analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.