|Study Period:||2018- 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The air quality monitoring market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.79% during the forecast period of 2021 – 2026 and is expected to value USD 5.79 billion in 2026 from USD 4.20 billion in 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic decreased the demand for various products due to lockdown measures globally. However, the demand is likely to be restored, which is expected to further increase the pollution level from various end users. Major factors driving the market are the growing awareness among consumers, stringent air quality monitoring and control regulations, growing end-user industries, and increasing awareness among the common mass to mitigate health risks. However, the emergence of alternatives and renewable sources of energy with reduced/zero emissions and high capital required for AQM (air quality monitoring) products are expected to hinder the market's growth.
- Indoor application is expected to witness significant growth, owing to the supportive government regulations for air pollution monitoring and control and the growing popularity of smart homes/green buildings.
- Technological advancements in the field of air pollution monitoring and the ongoing expansion of petrochemical and power generation industries are likely to create immense opportunities for the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period due to large-scale industrialization in emerging countries like India, China, and Japan.
Scope of the Report
The air quality monitoring market report include:
|Residential and Commercial|
|Other End Users|
|Middle-East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Indoor Monitor Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- An indoor air quality monitor is a device used to determine the purity of air in a specified area by the level of dust, suspended particles, and pollutants that are present. The quality of indoor air can affect the health and wellness of those who are breathing it.
- Indoor air quality monitors are typically sensor-based instruments. They are widely used in industrial environments to measure common air pollutants, in some cases with ppb (parts per billion) level detection.
- People spend around 90% of their time indoors, and human exposure to indoor air pollutants may occasionally be more than 100 times higher than outdoor pollutant levels, i.e., indoor air is recycled continuously, causing it to trap and build up pollutants.
- Also, when indoor CO₂ levels rise, cognitive skills, like crisis response, information usage, and strategies, are decreased only to 20% in a 1,400-ppm concentration of CO₂ compared to the normal outdoor level of 400 ppm. Hence, handling more advanced tasks becomes much more difficult when the indoor carbon dioxide levels rise. Accurate measurement of indoor air and better ventilation are vital to the cognitive abilities of people working in offices.
- In February 2020, the embassy of the United States declared that it is likely to monitor air quality in multiple locations across North India to help control pollution levels. The move has come after the US Mission distributed 58 low-cost air quality monitors and 14 weather stations to the Society for Indoor Environment, an Indian NGO.
- In July 2019, the European Commission DG SANCO funded the Indoor Air Monit project in Europe, which was led by DG Joint Research Center (2010-2012), and it developed a framework of harmonized criteria, protocols, and monitoring techniques for indoor air pollutants to cope with five different IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) objectives. Each of these IAQ objectives has its own specific scope, targets, and associated operational practices.
- The AIRMEX (European Indoor Air Monitoring and Exposure Assessment) project deals with the comparison of indoor and outdoor monitors, along with personal exposure concentrations of VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) across European cities.
- Therefore, based on the above-mentioned factors, the indoor application segment is expected to witness significant growth in the air quality monitoring market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is one of the fastest-growing regions in the world, owing to the presence of emerging countries, like India and China, and other developed countries, such as Japan, South Korea, and Australia.
- As of 2020, the Asia-Pacific region was one of the leading markets for air quality monitoring systems. Majority of the demand comes from countries, like India, China, Australia, and others.
- The development of rapid energy-intensive industries in the region, mainly in China, India, and Southeast Asia, over the past several decades has led to severe air pollution and negative public health effects, which have become notable environmental and social problems in the region.
- According to the World Air Quality Report 2020, among the top 10 most polluted countries in the world, five were from the Asia-Pacific region, and among the top 20 polluted countries, eight were from the region.
- As of 2020, China stood at the 14th position, with an average of 34.7 µg/m³ PM2.5 concentration, weighted by population, according to the World Air Quality Report. In 2019, China stood at the 11th position, with an average of 39.1 µg/m³ PM2.5 concentration, weighted by population. According to the World Air Quality Report, in 2020, the 15 most polluted regional cities in East Asia were in China. More than a million people are estimated to die annually due toair pollution in China. However, currently, the country is fighting back with innovative solutions.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The air quality monitoring market is fragmented. Some of the major players include Siemens AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Horiba Ltd, Emerson Electric Co., and 3M Co.
- With an aim to monitor pollution levels and provide readily available air quality data of different cities across India, a Mumbai-based environment start-up (Carbon Copy and Respirer Living Sciences) in January 2021 launched a new dashboard to access continuous ambient air quality monitoring standards (CAAQMS).
- In February 2020, NTPC Ltd announced the signing of an agreement with the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to provide financial support for the installation and commissioning of continuous ambient air quality monitoring stations (CAAQMS). NTPC is likely to provide financial support of INR 80 crore for the installation of 25 CAAQMS across six states and three union territories. The CAAQMS will be installed in Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh), Ranchi (Jharkhand), Patna (Bihar), Varanasi, Lucknow, Kanpur, and Allahabad (all in Uttar Pradesh), Pimpri – Chinchwad (Maharashtra), and Madurai (Tamil Nadu). Along with these cities, CAAQMS will also be installed in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, and Daman and Diu (Port Blair, Silvassa, and Daman).
Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2026
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Indoor Monitor
5.1.2 Outdoor Monitor
5.2 Sampling Method
5.3 Pollutant Type
5.3.1 Chemical Pollutants
5.3.2 Physical Pollutants
5.3.3 Biological Pollutants
5.4 End User
5.4.1 Residential and Commercial
5.4.2 Power Generation
5.4.4 Other End Users
5.5.1 North America
5.5.4 South America
5.5.5 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Siemens AG
6.3.2 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
6.3.3 Horiba Ltd
6.3.4 Emerson Electric Co.
6.3.5 3M Co.
6.3.6 Honeywell International Inc.
6.3.7 Teledyne Technologies Inc.
6.3.8 TSI Inc.
6.3.9 Merck KGaA
6.3.10 Agilent Technologies Inc.
6.3.11 Aeroqual Limited
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Air Quality Monitoring Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Air Quality Monitoring Market?
The Air Quality Monitoring Market is growing at a CAGR of >5.79% over the next 5 years.
What is Air Quality Monitoring Market size in 2018?
The Air Quality Monitoring Market is valued at 4 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Air Quality Monitoring Market size in 2026?
The Air Quality Monitoring Market is valued at 5 Billion USD in 2026.
Which region has highest growth rate in Air Quality Monitoring Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Air Quality Monitoring Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Air Quality Monitoring Market?
Siemens AG , Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. , Horiba Ltd, Emerson Electric Co. , 3M Co are the major companies operating in Air Quality Monitoring Market.