|Study Period:||2019- 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The AIOps Market was valued at USD 13.51 billion in 2020 and is projected to be worth USD 40.91 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of approximately 21.05% during the forecast period of 2021-2026. With the increase in the number of people working from home, enterprise instituted work-from-home (WFH) policies shifted information security focus from enterprise infrastructure to cloud and virtualized infrastructure. For instance, according to IBM Security report 2020, about 54% of the organizations mentioned that they require remote working in response to Covid-19. Such developments are driving the demand for cloud-based solutions.
- Large volumes of alerts, significant IT noise, and signals distributed across disparate tools hold back DevOps professionals. Meanwhile, teams' requirement to improve performance across IT infrastructure and more accurately solve and resolve incidents faster is growing.
- With the increasing awareness of how AI can address these challenges and help run IT operations, enterprises are shifting focus towards the adoption of AI-based solutions. A recent study from New Relic found that 89% of 750 global senior IT decision-makers surveyed believe that AI and machine learning are essential for how organizations run IT operations. Nearly 84% have mentioned AI and machine learning will ultimately make their role more manageable. This positive outlook for AI is set to transform into widespread usage of AIOps over the next few years.
- Further, as devices are gaining intelligence, systems have become more complicated with increasing data volume, thus increasing the adoption of AIOps. The increasing cloud adoption across the world is also fueling the automation of these processes. Therefore, as more enterprises are migrating to the cloud, the need for AIOps platforms is also expected to increase.
- According to LogicMonitor, 83% of enterprise workloads are expected to be in the cloud by 2020. The company also estimated that, by 2020, 41% of enterprise workloads would be running on public cloud platforms. An additional 20% are expected to be private-cloud-based, followed by another 22% deploying on hybrid cloud platforms. Also, on-premise workloads are anticipated to shrink to 27% by 2020, from 37% in 2017. The rising need for the orchestration and automation solutions for these cloud services is also forcing the cloud user to adopt AIOps platforms.
- The IT Operations Management (ITOM) industry is already reacting to the emergence of SaaS ITOM. SaaS as a delivery model for IT helpdesks and infrastructure monitoring has proven to be useful. These solutions typically incorporate log management, website monitoring, server monitoring, and cloud management from acquired SaaS vendors. However, lack of awareness is one of the major concerns restraining market growth during the forecast period.
- In March 2020, Sumo Logic Inc. announced a number of free analytics solutions and resources to help support enterprises and the broader community during the coronavirus pandemic. It unveiled a bundle of SaaS apps designed to help IT and security teams ensure critical business applications are up, running, and secure.
Scope of the Report
AIOps combines machine learning and big data functionality to analyze the increasing variety, volume, and velocity of data generated due to digital transformation to support operations. The key functions/capabilities of AIOps platforms include storing & providing access to data, suggesting prescriptive responses to analysis, enabling data analytics using ML, ingesting data from multiple sources, and initiating action.
Key Market Trends
BFSI is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- Banking operations include many periodic and aperiodic activities and transactions performed by employees, customers, and external agencies. These activities are complex, which makes monitoring essential. With AIOps delivering real-time information and automated problem solving, it is expected to boost market growth over the forecast period. For instance, the AIOps platform from CA technologies, i.e., CA Digital Experience Insights, enables the financial firms in solving complex IT problems, including performance, capacity, and configuration issues.
- Banks and other financial institutions are primarily focusing on ensuring the security of the data they generate, especially due to the numerous high-profile data breaches that took place over the past few years.
- The implementation of reliable IT operation management solutions is essential for banks to provide the best possible service levels, primarily to support their internal workflows and deliver better customer service. Furthermore, they are focusing on maintaining optimal service efficiency in their day-to-day IT operations.
- The rising implementation of regulatory standards, the increasing adoption of cloud-based IT solutions, and increasing modes of online payments are expected to drive the market.
- Furthermore, the integration of AI in operation services across the financial institutions enhanced the capabilities built into the service desk systems, thus providing the oversight and critical performance indicators, which are necessary for the higher management, in order to identify operational trends before they adversely impact the existing products and processes.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe to Witness Significant Growth
- One of the primary reasons for the growth of the AIOps market in Europe is the region’s MSPs seeking to offer comprehensive services to enterprises undergoing large-scale digital transformation and requiring modern operations solutions.
- According to the survey “The 2020 State of IT” done by Spiceworks on 1005 respondents (which included North American and European business technology buyers) in July 2019, 43% said that their company was currently using IT automation, with a further 15 % planning to use it within the following 12 months and 11% planning to use in 1- 2 years.
- The most widely reported AI adoption (47%) was in the IT/Technology function, followed by R&D with 36%, and customer service with 24%. This signifies the growing importance given to AI in the IT operations field.
- Moreover, the most widely reported adoption of AI (47%) was in the IT/technology function, followed by R&D with 36% and customer service with 24%. This signifies the growing importance given to AI in the IT operations field.
- As per the estimates by Pitchbook and Crunchbase, as of January 2020, 20 European unicorns were active in finance, insurance, and real estate. In comparison, there were roughly eight unicorns specifically dedicated to health and pharmaceuticals and IT & telecommunications, respectively. This indicates an increase in the future adoption of AIOps for these industries.
- The government is playing a major role in increasing awareness about artificial intelligence in day-to-day operations. By declaring AI as a major strategic priority, several member states and EU institutions are taking steps to advance the region’s ambitions for AI leadership. This includes rolling out devoted national and EU-level AI strategy documents, boosting research and innovation, and exploring new regulatory approaches for managing the development and use of AI.
- Europe has recently released a set of strict rules and safeguards for the development and use of artificial intelligence, as it tries to make an ethical approach to the new technology to gain a competitive advantage over China and the United States. It says that all “high-risk” AI applications will be subject to a compulsory assessment before entering the market. This will be especially beneficial for the healthcare and BFSI sectors which handle highly sensitive data using AIOps.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The competitive rivalry amongst the players in the market is high owing to the presence of some key players such as IBM, HCL, Tech Mahindra, Broadcom Inc., amongst others. The ability to continually innovate their products and services has allowed them to gain a competitive advantage over other players in the market. These players can attain a greater market footprint through strategic partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, and research and development activities.
- April 2021 - As part of its strategic collaboration with Google Cloud, Broadcom Inc. has announced to accelerate innovation and strengthen cloud services integration within the core software franchises of Broadcom. Under this collaboration, Broadcom will deliver its suite of security and enterprise operations software on Google Cloud. Furthermore, although Broadcom's move to Google Cloud started with its security software, the company plans to migrate other applications including, AIOps. This partnership can help Broadcom leverage Google Cloud's infrastructure for accelerating its development, cutting latency, and scaling more easily, further enabling it to diversify its public Internet options.
- February 2021- New Relic introduced New Relic Explorer, its reimagined Full-Stack Observability experience that delivers innovative new visualizations and capabilities to give engineers unprecedented visibility into their complete estate. With this, engineers can quickly discover emerging performance issues and swiftly take action to get systems back to full health before customers or employees are impacted.
- February 2021- Splunk Inc. has announced a multi-year partnership extension which will see Splunk continue as an official McLaren Technology Partner of the McLaren Formula 1 team and McLaren Group.
- November 2020- Logz.io announced the launch of DevOps Pulse, which is considered the largest survey in the company’s history that covers insights from 1000 engineers. The survey is insightful as the area of focus was on cloud-native technology, highlighting increased adoption of technologies such as microservices, serverless, and Kubernetes, and the challenges these solutions pose for achieving observability, optimizing production monitoring, and driving visibility into application and infrastructure performance.
- August 2020- Rackspace Technology released Rackspace Fabric which now includes the Moogsoft AIOps Platform, and thus applies artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to log, metric, trace and alert data to help resolve IT incidents faster and more effectively. The integration into Rackspace Fabric means Rackspace customers will experience increased uptime and fewer incident alerts by utilizing machine learning to solve IT problems.
- October 2020- Splunk Inc. announced enhancements to Splunk’s portfolio for IT Operations, including the launch of Splunk Service Intelligence for SAP solutions, a new version of Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI), Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring Add-On, and Splunk IT Essentials. With Splunk’s advanced IT solutions, customers can embrace cloud-driven transformation no matter where they are in their IT modernization journey.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Cost of Data Breaches
5.1.2 Growing Threat of Harmful Insider Attacks
5.1.3 Growing Threat of Harmful Insider Attacks
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Limited Availability of Skilled workforce and Users
5.3 Market Opportunities and Key Developments
5.3.1 SMEs Moving Towards Cloud Infrastructure
5.3.2 Government Initiatives For AI Adoption in Various Countries
5.4 AIOps Tools Released in Past Two Years and Key AIOps Platform Capabilities To be Considered
5.5 Application of AIOps across various Use Cases Over the Life Cycle of an Application
5.6 Evolution of AIOps Stages and Use Cases
5.7 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the market
6. KEY APPLICATION LANDSCAPE
6.1 Root Cause Analysis
6.2 Network Availability and Optimization
6.3 Problem Assignment
6.4 Anomaly Detection and Cybersecurity
6.5 Improved Storage Management
7. CASE STUDIES DEPICTING USAGE OF AIOPS IN LARGE AND SMALL & MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES
8. MARKET SEGMENTATION
8.1 Organization Size
8.1.1 Small and Medium Enterprises
8.1.2 Large Enterprise
8.3 End-User Industry
8.3.1 Media and Entertainment
8.3.2 IT and Telecom
8.3.6 Other End-User Industries
8.4.1 North America
8.4.3 Asia Pacific
8.4.4 Rest of the World
9. KEY VENDOR PROFILES
9.1 Bigpanda Inc.
9.2 BMC Software Inc.
9.3 Broadcom Inc
9.4 Elasticsearch B.V
9.5 IBM Corporation
9.6 Logz.Io (Logshero Ltd.)
9.7 Loom Systems Ltd. (Service Now Inc)
9.8 Moogsoft Inc.
9.9 Splunk Inc
9.10 Appdynamics LLC (Cisco Systems Inc)
9.11 Dynatrace LLC
9.12 Extrahop Networks Inc.
9.13 New Relic Inc.
9.14 Resolve Systems LLC
9.15 Stackstate BV
10. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
11. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The AIOps Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of AIOps Market?
The AIOps Market is growing at a CAGR of 21.05% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in AIOps Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in AIOps Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in AIOps Market?
Moogsoft Inc., IBM Corporation, Splunk Inc., BMC Software Inc., Sumo Logic Inc. are the major companies operating in AIOps Market.