Agricultural Wastewater Treatment Market Snapshot
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The agricultural wastewater treatment market was estimated to be more than USD 2,100 million in 2021, registering a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The COVID-19 pandemic affected the market negatively. However, the market is expected to grow steadily during the forecast period.
- Rapidly diminishing freshwater resources and rising agricultural water demand are likely to drive the demand for the studied market.
- On the flip side, a dearth of awareness regarding agriculture wastewater treatment is expected to hinder the market growth.
- Growing investments and active research on water treatment technologies are expected to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the highest share of the market and is likely to continue dominating the market during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
The agricultural wastewater treatment market is segmented by technology, pollutant source, application, and geography. On the basis of technology, the market is segmented by Physical, Chemical, and Biological). By pollutant source, the market is segmented by Point Source and Nonpoint Source. On the basis of application, the market is segmented by Corp and Non-corp. The report also covers the market sizes and forecasts for the agricultural wastewater treatment market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
Key Market Trends
Non-Crop Segment to Dominate the Market
- Non-crop is by far the largest application for agricultural wastewater treatment across the world and is increasing at a steady rate.
- This segment primarily includes feed production and also dairy farms and poultry. Despite low calorie and protein supply as compared to plant-based food, livestock, meat, and dairy still hold the largest share in terms of consumption.
- This scenario, in turn, is boosting the demand for water treatment applications in the non-crop sector.
- Asia-Pacific is the second-most active region for processed food globally in terms of poultry. New product development (NPD) accounts for 24% of processed meat, poultry, and fish product innovations in the region, led by China, Thailand, South Korea, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
- African swine fever (ASF) further stimulated chicken expansion in Asia in 2020. Southeast Asia's poultry production expanded by 56% in the last decade, growing from 5.9 million metric tons (mmt) to 9.2 mmt in 2018. It is expected to reach 12.3 mmt by 2028.
- According to FAO, the demand for dairy products has exhibited positive signs after a slowdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hence, the non-crop segment is expected to dominate the market in the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Market
- China accounts for approximately 7% of the overall agricultural acreage globally, thus feeding 22% of the world population. The country is the largest producer of various crops, including rice, cotton, potatoes, and other vegetables. Hence, the demand for agricultural wastewater treatment is rapidly increasing in the country.
- The population of China has grown at a staggering rate in the past decade, and more than half of the population now live in cities. With the government promoting economic growth, urbanization is on the rise. This is expected to increase the demand for improvement in agricultural wastewater infrastructure.
- In 2022, chicken meat production in China is expected to exceed 2021 as prices rebound, demand boosts national consumption, and new facilities expand production capacity. The resultant growth is expected to be around 20%.
- Meanwhile, total exports of chicken meat to China are forecast to grow by 4% next year.
- In 2021, farmers in China produced around 212.84 million metric tons of rice. At the same time, the production volume of wheat amounted to approximately 136.95 million metric tons in China. The production volume of rice, wheat, and corn in China increased continuously until 2015, remained flat thereafter, but grew again in 2021.
- Based on the aforementioned aspects, China is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The agriculture wastewater treatment market is fragmented, with the presence of majorly multinational players. Some of the major players in the market (in no particular order) include Veolia Environnement SA, Suez SA, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, DuPont, and Jacobs.
- In January 2021, AECOM announced its partnership with the Northern New Jersey-based Bergen County Utilities Authority and Columbia University (New York City) to monitor the COVID-19 ribonucleic acid (RNA) in wastewater in the BCUA sewer shed.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rapidly Diminishing Fresh Water Resources
4.1.2 Rising Agricultural Water Demand
4.2.1 Dearth of Awareness regarding Agriculture Wastewater Treatment
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Physical Solutions
5.1.2 Chemical Solutions
5.1.3 Biological Solutions
5.2 Pollutant Source
5.2.1 Point Source
5.2.2 Nonpoint Source
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Aquatech International LLC
6.4.3 BASF SE
6.4.5 Evoqua Water Technologies
6.4.6 IDE Technologies
6.4.8 Lindsay Corporation
6.4.9 Louis Berger
6.4.11 Organo Corporation
6.4.12 Origin clear Inc.
6.4.13 Suez SA
6.4.14 Veolia Environnement SA
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Investments and Active Research on Water Treatment Technologies
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Agricultural Wastewater Treatment Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Agricultural Wastewater Treatment Market?
The Agricultural Wastewater Treatment Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Agricultural Wastewater Treatment Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Agricultural Wastewater Treatment Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Agricultural Wastewater Treatment Market?
Suez, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC , Veolia, DuPont, Jacobs are the major companies operating in Agricultural Wastewater Treatment Market.