The market is posed to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% during 2017-2022, to reach a market value of USD 6980.4 million by 2022. Agricultural testing can be defined as the testing of various samples involving water, soil, seed, etc., to determine quality and contaminant content. Agricultural testing helps in analyzing the appropriate input requirements and resources to be supplemented for the optimal plant growth. Along with determining the contamination level, testing helps in determining composition, and other characteristics such as the acidity or pH level of the given sample. A soil test can be helpful in defining the fertility level and need for trace elements, etc., of a given soil type. Agricultural testing can act as a boon for the commercialized agriculture sector and farming community, globally.
The agricultural testing market is a high growth sector as it is becoming highly popular in developed and commercialized regions. Regulations and legalizations pertaining to environmental safety and agricultural productivity have been the major driving factor for the market growth of this sophisticated segment. Sample testing has become increasingly popular in commercialized agriculture countries in order to maintain the export growth of agricultural commodities. Time consumption in preparing an extensive sample for testing, along with cost associated with the operation, are the major setbacks for the industry growth. However, the increasing demand from agriculture dominated developing nations like India, China and Brazil and further technological advancements are expected to provide future growth opportunities for the industry.
The segmentation of the industry is done according to the type of sample for testing, application and as per geography. By sample, the market is segmented into soil, water, seed, bio-solids, manures and others. Soil testing forms a majority of the market share, followed by water testing. By application, the market is explained on the basis of contaminants and quality assurance. The contaminants market is expected to grow at a 6.1% CAGR as it covers testing for chemical residues, pathogens, toxins, etc.
By region, the global agricultural testing market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Africa. The market demand is dominated by North America, followed by Europe. Given the high growth, industrialized agriculture sector, the United States forms the largest market for agricultural testing, both regionally and globally, which is followed by Canada. Due to increased awareness about the benefits of testing, India and China are going to emerge as the highest growth countries in Asia-Pacific. The market growth in South America will be driven by Brazil and Argentina.
Major companies in the sector include:
- Eurofins Scientific
- R J Hill Laboratories Ltd.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- SCS Global Services
- Bureau Veritas S.A.
- ALS Limited
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global agricultural testing market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global agricultural testing market on both, global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
The report holds importance for the following stakeholders -
- Producers and manufacturers.
- Enterprises operating in the industry.
- Traders and stakeholders operating in the sector.
- Investors/research institutions interested in the market.
- Supply chain analysis
- Regulatory framework
- Trade analysis
- Trend analysis
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1.1 Rising Concern Over Food Safety and Sustainable Practices
3.1.2 Regulations and Legislation Pertaining to Agriculture and Environmental Safety
3.1.3 Liberalization of Food Trade and Growing Agricultural Exports
3.2.1 Lack of Awareness
3.2.2 High Associated Cost and Time
3.3.1 High Growth Potential in Developing Markets
3.3.2 Technology Advancement
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. MARKET SEGMENTATION
4.1 By Sample
4.1.1 Water Testing
4.1.2 Soil Testing
4.1.3 Seed Testing
4.1.4 Bio-Solids Testing
4.1.5 Manure Testing
4.2 By Application
18.104.22.168 Chemical Residues
4.2.2 Quality Assurance
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
4.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Eurofins Scientific
6.2 R J Hill Laboratories Ltd.
6.3 Agilent Technologies, Inc.
6.4 SCS Global Services
6.5 Bureau Veritas S.A.
6.6 ALS Limited
6.8 TUV Nord Group
6.9 Apal Agricultural Laboratory
6.10 Intertek Group Plc
6.11 BioControl Systems Inc
6.12 BioMerieux SA
6.13 Idexx Laboratories
6.14 3M Company
6.15 Charm Sciences Inc.
6.16 Neogen Corporation