Agricultural Sensor Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 1.8 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 3.10 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||11.50 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Agricultural Sensor Market Analysis
The Agricultural Sensor Market size is estimated at USD 1.80 billion in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 3.10 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 11.50% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Increasing demand for agricultural production, changing technology practices, and increasing intensification, including precision agriculture, low-till management, and advanced technology, are a few factors driving the agricultural sensors market.
- Agricultural sensors are expected to achieve complete expansion in the region. Location sensors have gained immense traction in recent years for the need for precise positioning in precision agriculture. In China, a large-scale agriculture digital zone was established in the Heilongjiang Modern Agriculture Demonstration Zone in 2018 under the motto 'Sky, Earth, and Space,' where "Sky" stood for satellite remote sensing data, "Space" for drone remote sensing data, and "Ground" for ground IoT data.
- Many agritech companies developed innovative models for easing farming practices by focusing more on wireless platforms to enable real-time decision-making regarding yield monitoring, crop health monitoring, field mapping, irrigation scheduling, harvesting management, etc., for helping the farmers from adverse price fluctuations of their produce.
- North America remains the largest geographical segment of the market and accounts for a major market share. High investments and wide adoption of smart farming techniques show huge potential growth for sensor farming during the forecast period. Stringent environmental regulations and the rising adoption of precision farming and yield monitoring practices by large and small farm owners to upsurge the productivity of fields are expected to drive the market.
Agricultural Sensor Market Trends
Decreased Number of Labor Requirements
Precision and indoor farming techniques demand new techniques to address the challenges of fluctuating climatic conditions and decreased skilled labor force. The farmer can control light amounts, nutrition levels, and moisture levels when they are growing crops solely indoors. Sensors with small-scale control systems with robust functionality would allow businesses to automate their systems and increase yields in a better way. The post-adoption of sensors may reduce the labor force by around 20.0%. Agricultural sensors can address the labor challenge in indoor farms.
Big industrial indoor farms use sensors that can sense water contamination, pesticide residues, nutrient shortages, disease attacks, etc. The combination of indoor farming and agricultural sensors will likely enhance crops' production capacities, which may drive the agricultural sensors market in the future.
As such, high-technology irrigation tools, such as soil moisture sensors, can help farmers determine the level of water requirement in each area. Smart irrigation applications in IoT-enabled devices can help control and monitor the irrigation equipment to adjust it based on changing requirements. Both represent a wide scope for undertaking precision irrigation in regions with depleted groundwater levels. These factors are likely to drive the market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Dominates the Market
North America is the largest regional market for agricultural sensors. Strong government support to increase agricultural production, availability of infrastructure support, and acceptance of smart and precession farming methods increased the deployment of advanced farming solutions. In North America, the adoption of soil moisture sensors has rapidly increased. Soil moisture instruments are used in the sports turf segment for more efficient monitoring and conversion of turfgrass. Studies indicate that adopting sensors helps farmers minimize drought stress and reduces maintenance and labor costs of protected cultivation by at least 20%.
The United States is the early adopter of precision farming technologies, the primary factor responsible for the region's most significant share in the global market. The US agricultural sector has undergone a groundbreaking revolution regarding adopting smart farming practices in recent years. Although the advent of sensor-based technologies, such as Internet of Things (IoT) cellular devices, gear tooth sensor-based irrigation and fertilization equipment, and valve position sensors, is relatively new in the domain, the country has been witnessing a new-found demand for sensors, primarily due to the increased rate of mechanization and smart agricultural practices adopted by the farmers. A considerable acceptance of modern agriculture methods by Canada is contributing to industry growth.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Agricultural Sensor Industry Overview
The agricultural sensor market is fragmented, with various small and medium-sized companies and a few big players operating in the market, resulting in stiff competition. Some of the major players in the market include Edyan, Acclima Inc., CropX inc., Pycno, and Acquity Agriculture. The development of regional markets and local players in different parts of the world is the major factor for the fragmented nature of the market. North America and Asia-Pacific are the two regions showing maximum competitor activities.
Agricultural Sensor Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Agricultural Sensor Market News
- January 2023: CropX Technologies, a global leader in digital solutions for agronomic farm management, acquired Tule Technologies, a precision irrigation company based in California. This acquisition brings new data capture technologies to the CropX Agronomic Farm Management System and expands its market in California drip-irrigated specialty crops.
- October 2022: Reinke Irrigation, a leading center pivot manufacturer, partnered with CropX Technologies, the developer of a digital agronomic farm management platform to ensure the optimization of water use in crop production and maximizing crop production.
- August 2022: CropX Technologies launched continuous nitrogen leaching monitoring capability. It is easier, less time-consuming, and able to supply continuous monitoring of nitrogen leaching events than traditional lab testing methods.
Agricultural Sensor Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.3 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.4 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Humidity Sensor
5.1.2 Electrochemical Sensor
5.1.3 Mechanical Sensor
5.1.4 Airflow Sensor
5.1.5 Optical Sensor
5.1.6 Pressure Sensor
5.1.7 Water Sensor
5.1.8 Soil Sensor
5.1.9 Livestock Sensor
5.1.10 Other Types
5.2.1 Dairy Management
5.2.2 Soil Management
5.2.3 Climate Management
5.2.4 Water Management
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Libelium Comunicaciones Distribuidas Sl
6.3.3 Acquity Agriculture
6.3.5 Agsmarts Inc.
6.3.7 Acclima Inc.
6.3.8 Caipos GmbH
6.3.9 Vegetronix Inc.
6.3.10 Sentek Ltd
6.3.11 Aquaspy Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Agricultural Sensor Market Research FAQs
How big is the Agricultural Sensor Market?
The Agricultural Sensor Market size is expected to reach USD 1.8 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 11.5% to reach USD 3.10 billion by 2028.
What is the current Agricultural Sensor Market size?
In 2023, the Agricultural Sensor Market size is expected to reach USD 1.8 billion.
Who are the key players in Agricultural Sensor Market?
Edyn, Acclima Inc., Pycno, Acquity Agriculture and CropX inc. are the major companies operating in the Agricultural Sensor Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Agricultural Sensor Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Agricultural Sensor Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Agricultural Sensor Market.
Agricultural Sensor Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Agricultural Sensor market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Agricultural Sensor analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.