Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market Analysis
Africa's dairy-based beverages market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.6% in the upcoming five years.
- Dairy-based products are naturally high in calcium content and are perceived as a nutritional snacking option. Thus the consumer demand for convenient and healthy on-the-go snack options is the primary attribute for the sales of dairy-based beverage products in the region. Health and wellness trends have led to the inclination of consumers toward low-fat, lactose-free variants and calcium-rich variants of dairy products.
- The health benefits of probiotic drinks, especially their ability to improve digestion and the immune system, have attracted consumers across the region. Due to their unique taste and role in digestive health management, the increasing demand for drinkable yogurts has contributed to the sales performance of dairy drinks. The innovations in drinkable yogurt products, such as flavored or fruit yogurt, and the introduction of low-fat Greek yogurt, are anticipated to drive the market's growth in the coming years.
- Over the short term, consumers are becoming increasingly health-conscious, especially younger ones, driving a forceful demand for functional beverages to meet their needs. The value of nutrition and functional properties of milk and the rising demand for probiotic drinks by health-conscious consumers mainly drive the market. Thus, food manufacturers focus more on functional and probiotic drinks, which offer additional health benefits than standard milk.
- Omega-3, fibers, bioactive compounds, and phytosterol are functional components added to dairy beverages. The growing demand for functional beverages among health-conscious consumers is anticipated to drive the overall market growth over the forecast period.
Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market Trends
Rising Demand for Probiotic Beverages
- Consumers perceive fermented products as healthy products as they aid in the control of intestinal diseases. The changing consumer lifestyles, rising healthcare expenditure, and growth of the retail sector are playing a vital role in the growth of the probiotic drinks market. Moreover, the increasing inclination of the younger generation towards functional beverages and ready-to-drink beverages such as Yakult is likely to accelerate the market growth.
- New drinkable yogurt flavors, such as the savory flavor of vegetables - carrots, beetroot, and tomatoes, have become popular among consumers. In addition, consumers are seeking healthier and natural ingredients in drinkable yogurts, such as stevia, instead of bulk sweeteners to reduce calories.
- Furthermore, increasing international sporting events and commercialization of domestic sporting events in the developing countries of Africa are providing growth opportunities for functional drinks, such as probiotic drinks, in fast-growing markets, including South Africa.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Milk is Dominating the Market
- Milk consumption in Africa is high due to the rising prevalence of the undernourished population in the region. Moreover, the consumption of dairy-based drinks, including flavored milk, is significantly increasing in the region as consumers prefer healthy drink options. The urban population is more interested in consuming flavored milk than carbonated drinks owing to the nutritional benefits of fortified flavored milk.
- Furthermore, Milk-based shakes and yogurts are the major segments boosting the industry’s profitability. Increasing the development of new, flavored milkshakes per consumers’ tastes and preferences may further foster market growth. The increasing number of product innovations, technological advancements, and awareness to reduce nutritional deficiencies are the major driving factors fostering market growth.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Africa Dairy Based Beverages Industry Overview
The African dairy-based beverages market is consolidated, with major players holding the maximum share of the market. The companies are focusing on new product innovation, expansion, and mergers and acquisitions to meet consumer demands. The key players in the market are Clover Industries Limited, Danone, Lactalis, and Nestle.
Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market Leaders
First Choice Dairy
Clover S.A. (Pty) Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market News
- June 2021: Chobani LLC launched new flavors (mixed berry and strawberry) of zero-sugar yogurt in the market. As per the company's claim, the product launch and innovation strategy is to offer consumers sugar-free products to target diabetic patients. As a result, it will enable the company to expand its business and helps to enlarge its product portfolio.
- December 2020: MB Plc, one of the leading dairy processors in the country trading under the name Family Milk installed an automatic UHT milk processing plant in Addis Ababa. The new plant, having a processing capacity of 40,000 litres per day enables the dairy processor to produce the long-life milk with up to six months shelf life.
Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.3 Other Types
5.2.1 Unflavored Drinks
5.2.2 Flavored Drinks
5.3 Distribution Channel
5.3.2 Convenience/Grocery Stores
5.3.3 Specialist Stores
5.3.4 Other Distribution Channels
5.4.1 South Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Morinaga Nutritional Foods Inc.
6.3.2 Chobani LLC
6.3.3 Danone S.A.
6.3.4 Clover S.A. (Pty) Ltd.
6.3.5 Groupe Lactalis
6.3.6 Nestle SA
6.3.7 First Choice Dairy
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
9. ABOUT US
Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market Research FAQs
What is the current Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market size?
The Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.6% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market?
Nestle SA, First Choice Dairy, Danone S.A., Clover S.A. (Pty) Ltd. and Groupe Lactalis are the major companies operating in the Africa Dairy Based Beverages Market.
Africa Dairy Based Beverages Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Africa Dairy Based Beverages market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Africa Dairy Based Beverages analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.