Aerospace And Defense Telemetry Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 3.05 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 4.24 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||6.79 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Aerospace And Defense Telemetry Market Analysis
The Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market size is expected to grow from USD 3.05 billion in 2023 to USD 4.24 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 6.79% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- The COVID-19 pandemic caused the aerospace and defense (A&D) manufacturing industry to be shaken up in a way that had never happened before. But the defense sector stayed stable and grew because most countries didn't cut their defense budgets and stayed committed to keeping their military power. The market is growing because more money is being spent on defense around the world, and more money is being spent on buying advanced radar systems for military communications. According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), despite the pandemic, global defense spending reached USD 2,240 billion in 2022.
- Increasing telemetry use in military applications, like intercepted telemetry in guided missiles, land systems, armored vehicles, aircraft, marine ships, and UAVs, is expected to augment the demand for telemetry during the forecast period. Additionally, factors like an increase in defense spending due to various security threats imposed both externally and internally, increasing terrorist threats, several border security issues, and volatile relations among nations are expected to support the growth of the market studied. Nations are also investing in telemetry analysis data software and telemetry products. Also, factors like rising geopolitical tensions and research and development (R&D) in A&D telemetry are likely to give market leaders in telemetry products a huge opportunity for growth.
Aerospace And Defense Telemetry Market Trends
Satellite Segment Expected to Register the Highest CAGR During the Forecast Period
- Satellite telemetry is crucial for commercial and military flight test missions. These systems help monitor the data collected from onboard instrumentation over an RF link. Real-time data and its analysis is crucial for the test pilots' safety and requires a reliable high throughput link. In November 2022, a weather satellite, Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS-2), owned by the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, was launched from the West Coast. Satellite communication is expected to increase significantly due to the increasing use of smart weapons and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Also, instance such as the launch of 36 satellites inside a single rocket by ISRO (India) in March 2023 is driving the satellite telemetry market's growth during the forecast period. The satellites belong to a UK-based OneWeb satellite communications company, and this is the first commercial mission taken up by ISRO. Various countries, like Iran, have also started exploring the market. In August 2022, Iran launched its first Khayyam satellite, a remote-sensing satellite, and has also received its first telemetry data from the satellite. Such instances are anticipated to supplement the growth of the satellite segment during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness the Highest Growth
- Asia-Pacific is anticipated to show remarkable growth during the forecast period owing to a consistent surge in satellite demand and high investment in the military & space sectors in this region. Emerging economies in Asia-Pacific, like India, China, and Japan, are investing in modernizing their armed forces. The modernization programs are boosted by the increased defense spending from these countries, which collectively impacts the market's growth.
- Major countries in the region, such as China and India, have been launching satellites for telemetry analysis. In July 2022, China launched a data relay satellite, Tianlian II-03, from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center. It is a second-generation geosynchronous orbit data relay satellite that provides data relay, telemetry, tracking, and command, services for crewed spacecraft and low and middle-orbit resource satellites.
- With new private aerospace startups in the region, the market for telemetry in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow during the forecast period. For instance, a Hyderabad-based first private Indian aerospace company Skyroot Aerospace signed up with ISRO and launched its first satellite in November 2022.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Aerospace And Defense Telemetry Industry Overview
The aerospace and defense telemetry market is fragmented, with the top five manufacturers occupying around 30% of the market share in 2022. The application of telemetry is vast, and its use in the field of navigation, communication, military intelligence, rocketry, space science, and flight testing is propelling its demand in the global market. As the players compete to receive contracts, the level of competition is intense. BAE Systems plc, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Safran, and Cobham Limited are the major players in the market. Companies have been working together to develop new technologies and products in the market.
In November 2022, Inmarsat Government partnered with a US-based launch and space systems company, Rocket Lab USA, Inc., to develop and manufacturing an L-band radio in support of NASA's Communications Services Project (CSP). This Rocket Lab will enable Inmarsat's InCommand, a real-time, near-Eath telemetry, command, and control service for satellites in low earth orbit (LEO). Companies are also working on new technologies to improve the telemetry market. Collaborations and developments such as those mentioned before are expected to result in the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Aerospace And Defense Telemetry Market Leaders
BAE Systems plc
Lockheed Martin Corporation
L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Aerospace And Defense Telemetry Market News
- June 2023: Thales Alenia Space signed a contract with ArianeGroup to initiate production of the Ariane 6 Range safeguard system.
- January 2023: Orbit Communications Systems and a leading integrator in South East Asia were awarded a multi-million contract to supply OceanTRx 7MIL satellite communication systems to a navy in the region
- November 2022: Inmarsat Government announced that it was awarded a contract to provide internet-of-things satellite connectivity for US Army battlefield tracking devices, Blue Force Tracker, by the Defense Information Systems Agency. The contract is worth USD 410 million. The company will connect the tracker devices using a new network called ELERA, which uses existing L-band satellites.
Aerospace & Defense Telemetry Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.2 By Application
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 Rest of the Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles*
6.2.1 BAE Systems plc
6.2.2 Lockheed Martin Corporation
6.2.3 L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
6.2.5 Cobham Limited
6.2.6 Honeywell International Inc.
6.2.8 Kongsberg Gruppen ASA
6.2.9 Orbit Communications Systems Ltd.
6.2.10 AstroNova Inc.
6.2.11 Curtiss-Wright Corporation
6.2.12 Leonardo S.p.A
6.2.13 RTX Corporation
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Aerospace & Defense Telemetry Market Research FAQs
How big is the Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market?
The Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market size is expected to reach USD 3.05 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 6.79% to reach USD 4.24 billion by 2028.
What is the current Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market size?
In 2023, the Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market size is expected to reach USD 3.05 billion.
Who are the key players in Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market?
BAE Systems plc, Lockheed Martin Corporation, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Safran and Cobham Limited are the major companies operating in the Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Market.
Aerospace and Defense Telemetry Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Aerospace And Defense Telemetry market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Aerospace And Defense Telemetry analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.