The automotive and healthcare sectors are booming across the world. Increasing disposable income and more spending towards healthcare by governments are the major factors for the growth. This is also facilitating the use of technology for different products and services being offered by different healthcare providers and automotive manufacturers. The use of technology is now being seen widely across the industries like consumer care, manufacturing and energy. 8-bit microcontrollers play a key role within these sectors as they are embedded in machinery or consumer products.
Even though new 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers are being increasingly used, 8-bit microcontrollers still have a huge market. The market is seeing a decline in terms of revenues and unit sales per year, but still it will be the preferred microcontroller unit in the coming years as it's still cheaper than other type of microcontrollers.
The market is expected to decline for the forecast period to reach $2.27 billion by 2020. Some of the major vendors are Cypress, Microchip, Texas Instruments, NEC Electronics, Atmel, Sony, Renesas Electronics, Zilog and Infineon Technologies.
Reasons to buy this report
1) The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, challenges the market faces, about different 8-bit microcontroller technologies and their applications
2) A complete market breakdown has been done by different geographies along with the country level segmentation to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region
3) The report also gives information on major vendors of 8-bit microcontroller products, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who should be interested in this report?
1) Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expand their operations
2) Enterprises manufacturing devices using embedded systems
3) Investors who are willing to invest in this market
4) Consultants who can get readymade analysis to guide their clients
5) Anyone who wants to know about this industry