Wheat Bran Industry Overview
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Wheat Bran Market Analysis
The global wheat bran market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period.
- Bran, also known as miller's bran, is the hard outer layer of cereal grain. It consists of the combined aleurone and pericarp. The use of wheat bran for human consumption has increased over the years due to its several health benefits. Wheat bran is also exported worldwide and is a major feed commodity. Wheat bran is a bulky feed that can lighten dense, heavy feed mixtures and can be readily incorporated into mashes.
- This industry is witnessing substantial growth worldwide due to the increasing knowledge regarding prebiotics and fiber-rich foods. Their positive impact on gut health has considerably increased the demand for wheat bran across the processed food industry. Increasing bran use in livestock feeding as a fiber and protein source is anticipated to fuel market growth in the coming year.
- Another major factor driving demand for wheat bran is an increase in consumer demand for muffins, brown bread, cookies, and wheat flakes. Increasing consumer demand for gluten-free products due to celiac disease associated with gluten is another major factor driving demand for wheat bran products.
- Recently, hydrolyxed wheat bran is also being used in the cosmetic industry. Due to the high production of wheat globally, the availability of wheat bran is not likely to see negative changes. This, in turn, will drive the market's growth in the forecast period.
Wheat Bran Industry Segments
Wheat bran is one of three layers of the wheat kernel. It is rich in many plant compounds and minerals and is an excellent source of fiber.
The global wheat bran market is segmented by product type, including animal feed grade, medical use grade, and others, by application, including food products, animal feed, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and others, by geography including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Africa.
The report offers the market size and forecasts in terms of value in USD million for the above-mentioned segments.
|Animal Feed Grade|
|Medical Use Grade|
|Other Product Types|
Wheat Bran Market Trends
Various Wheat Bran Health Benefits Drive Market Growth
- The health benefits of wheat bran are an essential reason for the market's growth in recent times. Nutritional effects, mechanical effects in the gastrointestinal tract due to its fiber content, and antioxidant effects from its phytochemical constituents attract customers to buy wheat bran products.
- Wheat bran has higher antioxidant activity than other milled fractions and contains various components such as phytic acid, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. These wheat bran components possess human health benefits, including preventative effects against cancer and type two diabetes. It has zero saturated fat and zeroes cholesterol, thus being suitable food for people with certain medical conditions and diet restrictions.
- As there is a growing demand for wheat brain among the population, several players and the government has introduced policies to boost agricultural production, including subsidies that have encouraged farmers to produce wheat crops intensively, and this can be witnessed by the data published by Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- For instance in 2018 the wheat production around the globe was 732.14 million metric ton which increased by 3.9% and reached 760.93 million metric ton in 2020. Thus, increasing the production of wheat and healthy food is likely to aid the growth of the wheat bran market in the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific is the Fastest Growing Market
- Asia Pacific Region is the fastest growing market, primarily producing wheat and wheat-milled by-products such as bran. A huge livestock population also contributes to the increasing demand for bran as animal feed. The rising demand for animal feed options in the Asia-Pacific region, especially in India, Malaysia, Thailand, etc., is making the wheat bran animal feed market steady in the region. Wheat bran is suitable for all livestock feeding and very palatable to most classes of animals as well.
- In Asia Pacific countries, consumption is also more as people from this region suffer from more cardiovascular diseases than the rest of the world. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause of death worldwide; half of the cases of CVD are estimated to occur in Asia.
- Changes in lifestyle and consumption patterns of the population in the region with higher adoption of fiber-rich products such as bran will also contribute to the market growth. Hence, the demand for wheat bran in the Asia Pacific region is growing in all application sectors and is likely to follow the same trend during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Wheat Bran Market Competitor Analysis
The global wheat bran market is concentrated in Asia and North America and needs to be more cohesive among small regional and few international players. Leading companies focused on acquiring small manufacturing to expand their business in local and foreign markets. A few major players are Star of the West Milling Co., Hindustan Animal Feeds, Astra Alliance, Wilmar International Ltd, and Siemer Milling Company. The leading companies focused on expanding the business across regions are setting up a new plant to increase production capacity and an elaborate product line.
Wheat Bran Market Top Players
Star of the West Milling Co.
Hindustan Animal Feeds
Wilmar International Ltd
Siemer Milling Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Wheat Bran Market Recent Developments
- October 2022: India’s Arti Roller Flour launched a zinc-enriched wheat product. The company has been investing and launching the products in a significant step toward sustainably scaling biofortified crops and foods in the country.
- March 2022: Ardent Mills, the premier flour-milling and ingredient company, opened its brand-new state-of-the-art Port Redwing Mill in Gibsonton, Florida. Port Redwing produces all-purpose, whole-wheat, high-gluten cake and bread flour.
- January 2022: Star of the West Milling Co. announced it is acquiring Brown Milling Co. Inc., a grain handler and agronomy supplier based in Mount Pleasant. This acquisition bolsters key capabilities for Star of the West while further expanding its presence in its home state.
Wheat Bran Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Animal Feed Grade
5.1.2 Medical Use Grade
5.1.3 Other Product Types
5.2.1 Food Products
5.2.2 Animal Feed
5.2.5 Other Applications
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Competitor Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Star of the West Milling Co.
6.3.2 Hindustan Animal Feeds
6.3.3 Astra Alliance
6.3.5 Wilmar International Ltd
6.3.7 Vaighai Agro Products Limited
6.3.8 Siemer Milling Company
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Wheat Bran Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Wheat Bran Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Wheat Bran Market?
The Wheat Bran Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Wheat Bran Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Wheat Bran Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Wheat Bran Market?
Star of the West Milling Co., Hindustan Animal Feeds, Astra Alliance, Wilmar International Ltd, Siemer Milling Company are the major companies operating in Wheat Bran Market.
Wheat Bran Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Wheat Bran sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Wheat Bran research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Wheat Bran report PDF.