Wheat Protein Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Largest Share by End User:||Food and Beverages|
|Largest Share by Region:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Wheat Protein Market Analysis
The Global Wheat Protein Market stood at 2.52 billion usd in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 3.22% to reach 2.96 billion usd in 2026.
- Largest Segment by Form - Concentrates : Concentrates (especially wheat gluten) are leading the market. Their water absorption and structure building properties are making them preferable for various applications.
- Largest Segment by End User - Food and Beverages : The dominance of F&B segment is led by hiked use of wheat protein due to its functions, which include strength, flexibility, remarkable efficiency, and a high protein content.
- Fastest Growing Segment by Form - Textured/Hydrolyzed : The continuously rising production of hydrolyzed wheat proteins with non-GMO, organic, and clean label claims for natural products is projected to drive the segment.
- Fastest Growing Segment by End User - Animal Feed : Animal feed is projected to be the fastest-growing sector due to the growing application of wheat protein as a functional alternative to fish and animal-based feed.
Wheat Protein Industry Segments
|By End User|
|Personal Care and Cosmetics|
Wheat Protein Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Wheat Protein Market according to our research experts:
Largest Segment By End User : <span style="font-family: 'regular_bold';color:#0e7db3;">Food and Beverages</span>
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Wheat Protein Market Competitor Analysis
The Global Wheat Protein Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 44.07%. The major players in this market are A. Costantino & C. spa, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Kerry Group plc, Roquette Frère and Südzucker AG (sorted alphabetically).
Wheat Protein Market Top Players
A. Costantino & C. spa
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Kerry Group plc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Wheat Protein Market Recent Developments
- September 2020: ADM launched a range of textured wheat proteins that includes Prolite® MeatTEX textured wheat protein and Prolite® MeatXT non-textured wheat protein. These highly-functional protein solutions improve the texture and density of meat alternatives.
- June 2020: ADM formed a joint venture with beef producer Marfrig. With this collaboration, ADM aimed to supply plant-based products, including soy flour, soy protein concentrates, isolated soy proteins, textured proteins, wheat protein isolates, and other products to the North and South American markets.
- May 2020: Roquette developed a new brand identity for its range of NUTRALYS plant proteins. This new identity was expected to reflect the renewed mission of NUTRALYS to develop new plant-based gastronomy.
Wheat Protein Market Report - Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 End User Market
3.2 Per Capita Plant Protein Consumption
3.3 Raw Material/Commodity Production
3.4 Regulatory Framework (*Only for the major country/countries)
3.5 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Form
4.2 By End User
4.2.1 Animal Feed
4.2.2 Personal Care and Cosmetics
4.2.3 Food and Beverages
22.214.171.124 Breakfast Cereals
126.96.36.199 Meat/Poultry/Seafood and Meat Alternative Products
188.8.131.52 RTE/RTC Food Products
4.3 By Region
184.108.40.206 By Form
220.127.116.11 By End user
18.104.22.168 By Form
22.214.171.124 By End user
126.96.36.199 New Zealand
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
220.127.116.11 By Form
18.104.22.168 By End user
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
4.3.4 Middle East
126.96.36.199 By Form
188.8.131.52 By End user
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East
4.3.5 North America
22.214.171.124 By Form
126.96.36.199 By End user
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
4.3.6 South America
220.127.116.11 By Form
18.104.22.168 By End user
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 A. Costantino & C. spa
5.3.2 Archer Daniels Midland Company
5.3.3 Cargill, Incorporated
5.3.4 Kerry Group plc
5.3.5 Manildra Flour Mills Pty. Ltd.
5.3.6 Nippn Corporation
5.3.7 Roquette Frère
5.3.8 Südzucker AG
5.3.9 Tereos SCA
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Proteins CEOs
Wheat Protein Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Wheat Protein Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Global Wheat Protein Market?
The Global Wheat Protein Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.22% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Wheat Protein Market?
Food and Beverages is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Global Wheat Protein Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Global Wheat Protein Market?
A. Costantino & C. spa, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Kerry Group plc, Roquette Frère, Südzucker AG are the major companies operating in Global Wheat Protein Market.
Global Wheat Protein Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Global Wheat Protein sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Global Wheat Protein research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Global Wheat Protein report PDF.