Electronic Wet Chemicals Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Electronic Wet Chemicals Market Analysis
The global wet chemicals market for electronics and semiconductor applications is estimated at USD 1.73 billion currently, and it is projected to reach USD 2.55 billion in the next five years, registering a CAGR of 8.14% during the forecast period.
The wet chemicals market for electronics and semiconductor applications was hampered by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. However, the rising growth of the electronics industry is expected to positively impact the demand for the wet chemicals market for electronics and semiconductor applications in the near future.
- Over the medium term, rising demand from industries driven by modern technologies, along with surging demand for hydrogen peroxide from the semiconductor industry, is expected to drive the market's growth.
- However, on the other hand, waste management of semiconductors and stringent health and environmental regulations regarding the use of certain chemicals are anticipated to hinder the market's growth.
- Nevertheless, the recycling of semiconductors and the favorable growth market for semiconductors in Malaysia are likely to create lucrative growth opportunities for the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market. It is also expected to register the highest CAGR over the forecast period.
Electronic Wet Chemicals Market Trends
Increasing Demand Semiconductor Applications
- Wet chemicals are widely used in the production of semiconductors. They are used in both cleaning and etching applications. The production of semiconductors is growing at a staggering pace due to rapid growth from various advancements such as artificial intelligence (AI), quantum computing, and 5G networks, which are estimated to drive the market for wet chemicals during the forecast period.
- According to World Semiconductor Trade Statistics, the global semiconductor market accounted for USD 580 billion in 2022, registering a growth rate of 4.4% compared to USD 555.89 billion in 2021.
- According to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), global semiconductor sales in 2022 rose by 3.2% despite the slowdown in the second half of the year caused by the economic slowdown and inflation.
- According to the survey conducted by the association, the global demand for semiconductor manufacturing capacity is projected to increase by 56% by 2030.
- Moreover, under the United States Innovation and Competition Act (USICA), the US government has made significant investments in chip production and research in the United States.
- In North America, the United States launched the CHIPS and Science Act in August 2022 to support domestic production and innovation in the semiconductor industry. The government announced an investment of USD 52 billion in chip manufacturing incentives and research investments. This also includes an investment tax credit for semiconductor manufacturing and semiconductor equipment manufacturing.
- In Asia-Pacific, India launched a comprehensive program for the development of semiconductors and display manufacturing ecosystems in the country. The government announced an outlay of INR 76,000 crore (~USD 10 billion).
- The growing demand for semiconductors is estimated to drive the demand for wet chemicals during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia-Pacific Region is Expected to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market. With the growing demand for electronics in countries such as China, India, and Japan, the usage of wet chemicals is increasing in the region.
- China is the most extensive base for the production of electronics in the world. Electronic products, such as smartphones, TVs, and other personal devices, recorded the highest growth in the electronics segment. China is the largest electronics manufacturer in the world. China is actively manufacturing electronic products, such as smartphones, TVs, wires, cables, portable computing devices, gaming systems, and other personal devices.
- The Chinese electronics market grew by 13% in 2022 compared to 2021, when the market witnessed a 10% rise. The estimated growth rate for 2023 is 7%. The Chinese market is the largest in the world, even more significant than the combined markets of all industrialized countries. In 2022, the Chinese electronic industry expanded by 14%, and it is expected to grow by 8% in 2023.
- Moreover, China is the net importer of semiconductor chips, with it manufacturing less than 20% of semiconductors used. Owing to the lucrative demand in both domestic and international markets in 2022, 101 Chinese-listed semiconductor companies announced net profits in their yearly sales, indicating a positive direction for the wet chemicals used in the industry.
- The domestic Indian electronics manufacturing sector has been expanding steadily, owing to favorable government policies, such as 100% foreign direct investment (FDI), no requirement for an industrial license, and the technological transformation from manual to automatic production processes. New incentives, such as the Modified Incentive Special Package Scheme (M-SIPS) and Electronics Development Fund (EDF), were started in the country with a budget of USD 114 million for domestic electronics manufacturing in India.
- Some of the other schemes that the Government of India launched to promote electronics production are the Scheme for Promotion of Manufacturing of Electronic Components and Semiconductors (SPECS) and the Scheme for Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMC 2.0), alongside the Production Linked Incentive (PLI). According to the PLI scheme, the government is likely to offer incentives as manufacturers increase production in India, which is expected to be USD 5.5 billion by 2025. This is likely to boost the production of electronics in the country, thereby driving the market for wet chemicals during the forecast period.
- According to the Indian Electronics and Semiconductor Association, the semiconductor market in the country is expected to be worth USD 64 billion by 2026. The Make in India initiative by the government is expected to result in investments in the semiconductor industry in the country.
- The electrical and electronics industry in Japan is one of the world's leading industries. The country is a world leader in producing computers, gaming stations, cell phones, and other key components. Consumer electronics account for one-third of the Japanese economic output. However, Japan's electronics production has declined due to stiff competition from countries such as China, India, and South Korea.
- According to the data released by the Japanese Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA), in 2022, the total production value of the electronics industry in Japan accounted for around JPY 11,124.3 billion, displaying a rise of nearly 8% from the previous year. According to the International Trade Administration, the Japanese semiconductor market size is estimated to reach USD 51,554 million in 2023, compared to USD 43,687 million in 2021.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to boost the overall demand for wet chemicals in the Asia-Pacific region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Electronic Wet Chemicals Industry Overview
The wet chemicals market for electronics and semiconductor applications is highly concentrated, with the top five players accounting for over 60% of the market share. The top five players in the market are Entegris, BASF SE, Avantor Inc., Honeywell International Inc., and Kanto Kagaku.
Electronic Wet Chemicals Market Leaders
Honeywell International Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Electronic Wet Chemicals Market News
- May 2023: Fujifilm entered a definitive agreement to acquire Entegris' Electronic Chemicals business for USD 700 million, subject to customary adjustments. The deal is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2023, subject to regulatory clearances and other standard closing conditions. Electronic Chemicals is a company that sells highly specialized chemicals to the semiconductor sector.
- July 2022: Entegris acquired CMC Materials, cementing its position as the global leader in electronic materials. This acquisition solidified its position in the industry, with the most comprehensive portfolio and enhanced operating capabilities for applications in the fab environment and across the semiconductor ecosystem.
- July 2022: Lam Research Corp, Entegris, and Gelest Inc. announced a strategic collaboration that will provide semiconductor manufacturers worldwide with reliable access to precursor chemicals for Lam's breakthrough dry photoresist technology for extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography.
Electronic Wet Chemicals Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Demand from Industries Driven by Modern Technologies
4.1.2 Surging Demand for Hydrogen Peroxide from the Semiconductor Industry
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Waste Management for Semiconductors
4.2.2 Stringent Health and Environmental Regulations on the Use of Certain Chemicals
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Revenue)
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Acetic Acid
5.1.2 Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA)
5.1.3 Hydrogen Peroxide
5.1.4 Hydrochloric Acid
5.1.5 Ammonium Hydroxide
5.1.6 Hydrofluoric Acid
5.1.7 Nitric Acid
5.1.8 Phosphoric Acid
5.1.9 Surfuric Acid
5.1.10 Other Product Types
5.2.2 Other Electronic Applications
18.104.22.168 Integrated Circuit (IC) Manufacturing
22.214.171.124 Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) Manufacturing
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Avantor Inc.
6.4.2 BASF SE
6.4.3 Eastman Chemical Company
6.4.5 FUJIFILM Corporation
6.4.6 Honeywell International Inc.
6.4.7 Kanto Kagaku
6.4.8 Linde PLC
6.4.11 Technic Inc.
6.4.12 TNC Industrial Co. Ltd
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Recycling of Semiconductors
7.2 Favorable Growth Market for Semiconductors in Malaysia
Electronic Wet Chemicals Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Wet Chemicals Market For Electronics And Semiconductor Applications is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Wet Chemicals Market For Electronics And Semiconductor Applications?
The Wet Chemicals Market For Electronics And Semiconductor Applications is growing at a CAGR of 8.14% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Wet Chemicals Market For Electronics And Semiconductor Applications?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Wet Chemicals Market For Electronics And Semiconductor Applications?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Wet Chemicals Market For Electronics And Semiconductor Applications?
Entegris, BASF SE, Avantor Inc., Honeywell International Inc., KANTO KAGAKU are the major companies operating in Wet Chemicals Market For Electronics And Semiconductor Applications.
Electronic Wet Chemical Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Electronic Wet Chemical market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Electronic Wet Chemical analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.