Water & Wastewater Sensors Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Water & Wastewater Sensors Market Analysis
The Global Water and Wastewater Sensors Market is expected to register a CAGR of approximately 7.4% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the uptake of advanced monitoring and remote technologies for water facilities and wastewater treatment plants across the globe. Further, the method of online auto-monitoring of the water temperature and pH value is being implemented at several plants with a significant reduction in on-site personnel in different industries that require wastewater treatment.
- In the current market scenario, wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) are continuously challenged to satisfy new constraints regarding the quality of the effluents for compliance with stringent environmental regulations, sustainable reuse of treated water and sludge, and optimization of operating costs.
- Regions across the globe are implementing new regulations pertaining to the quality of water and wastewater produced and treated for daily use. For instance, in Europe, the EU Directive 91/271/EEC, the regulations concerning municipal wastewater treatment have become more strict, giving rise to both technical and economic challenges to the existing facilities.
- A critical requirement for satisfying these constraints is the availability of real-time process monitoring and supervision technologies to measure critical process indicators related to quality & process and allied instrumentation performance.
- The maximization of the WWTP capability is then achieved with advanced control schemes and plant-wide optimization. Process monitoring technologies are thus critical elements driving a modern WWTP, which is in turn, driving the demand for water sensors.
Water & Wastewater Sensors Industry Segments
- Water Sensors and Wastewater monitoring technology is an emerging trend that integrates electronics to the water treatment activities and fits into the pipes and networks of different water facilities.
- The study considers several water and wastewater monitoring technologies including, pH Sensors, DO Sensors, Temperature Sensors, Turbidity Sensors, ORP, and Conductivity sensors, among others. Key Applications such as Industrial Wastewater Treatment and Municipalities are further analysed.
- The study further provides vendor landscape analysis of major manufacturers of water sensors and other water monitoring technology manufacturers that operate worldwide.
|Others (ORP, Conductivity, etc.)|
|Industrial Wastewater Treatment|
|Rest of the World|
Water & Wastewater Sensors Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Water & Wastewater Sensors Market according to our research experts:
pH Sensor Expected to Witness Increased Demand
- Standard applications, such as chromium wastewater treatment and aquaculture, that are heavily dependent on accurate pH and ORP measurements to ensure required safety standards are providing continuous demand to the market.
- Multiple regions, such as the North American, European, and Asia-Pacific have witnessed a considerable increase in sustainable energy projects and water treatment initiatives. In the case of water treatment, desalination activities are increasingly gaining popularity among municipalities and industrial sectors, which is creating considerable demand for pH sensors in the sector.
- Globally, increasing water treatment plants and concerns regarding water scarcity is fueling the demand for pH sensors from the desalination sector. The pH of water gives important data for controlling the treatment system, for desalination systems. Also, stringent government regulations on water contamination is expected to create significant demand for pH sensors in the sector.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold a Dominant Position in the Market
- The United States is one of the major consumers of wastewater treatment equipment. Rising water-intensive gas exploration activities coupled with substantial demand for industrial water reuse in the country are expected to enhance the growth over the coming years.
- GE Water and Process Technologies (currently operating as SUEZ) and Ecolab Inc. are some of the key market players that have a dominant presence in this country. The companies are focusing on optimum business growth by implementing various growth strategies. They are forming strategic partnerships with regional players and providing technical expertise for industrial wastewater treatment in sectors including oil and gas and pulp and paper.
- Moreover, the government's focus on enhancing the production of renewable energy is also anticipated to drive investment in energy and infrastructure projects over the forecast period. For instance, the town of St. Andrews in Southwest New Brunswick upgraded its wastewater treatment plant to meet environmental standards and improve the quality of life for its residents. They minimized the environmental impact of construction by installing a monitoring and control system the town chose to deepen and line one of its two treatment ponds and introduce aeration and UV disinfection systems.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Water & Wastewater Sensors Market Competitor Analysis
The competitive landscape of the global water and watewater sensors market is highly fragmented owing to the presence of several market vendors globally. The market growth is characterised by consistent product innovations and industry growth. The market players are viewing strategic collaborations and innvations as the key to gain maximum market traction.
- July 2021 - Saneago, a major water and wastewater company in Brazil, adopted ABB smart drives, motors and sensors to improve energy efficiency while boosting reliability at four key pumping stations. Saneago, the water company in the Brazilian state of Goiás, has deployed an ABB AbilityT Digital Powertrain solution to improve the energy efficiency and reliability of four key pumping stations. A remote condition-based monitoring also ensures a secure supply of drinking water for more than 5.7 million people and thousands of industrial and agricultural users.
- June 2021 - U.K. and Indian scientists have jointly developed a low-cost sensor that can detect fragments of the virus responsible for COVID-19 within wastewater, paving the way for health officials to get a better understanding of how prevalent the disease is in a larger area. The technique, developed by researchers from the University of Strathclyde and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, could be used to enable widespread monitoring of COVID-19 prevalence in low- and middle-income countries which struggle to conduct mass human testing.
- May 2021 - Memosens technology has revolutionized liquid analysis, by converting the measured value to a digital signal and transfers it inductively to the transmitter, ensuring increased availability of the measuring point and trouble-free processes. With Memosens 2.0, liquid analysis now becomes completely future-proof and ready for IIoT. The new technology is available for pH/ORP, conductivity and dissolved oxygen sensors. It will be extended to the complete liquid analysis sensor portfolio.
- October 2020 - Toshiba America launched new IoT Solution Pack software application for US water and wastewater treatment facilities. The new IoT application, which harnesses the power of real-world machine data, enables remote monitoring and improved operational efficiency for these facilities. It will also allow for the modernisation and optimistion of water and wastewater treatment operations to meet growing production demands and compliance and reporting requirements that are stricter.
Water & Wastewater Sensors Market Top Players
Schneider Electric SE
Honeywell International Inc.
Emerson Electric Co.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Water & Wastewater Sensors Market Recent Developments
Water & Wastewater Sensors Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Incremental Technological Advancements aiding the Market Growth
4.5 Market Restraints
4.5.1 Growing Complexity of Wearable Devices and Limited Use of Features, augmented With Security Risks
4.6 Technology Snapshot
4.7 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 pH Sensors
5.1.2 DO Sensors
5.1.3 Temperature Sensors
5.1.4 Turbidity Sensors
5.1.5 Others (ORP, Conductivity, etc.)
5.2 By Application
5.2.2 Industrial Wastewater Treatment
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Schneider Electric SE
6.1.2 Omron Corporation
6.1.3 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
6.1.4 Delta Phase Electronics Inc.
6.1.5 ABB Ltd
6.1.6 Swan Analytical Instruments
6.1.7 Gill Sensors and Controls
6.1.9 Emerson Electric Co.
6.1.10 Honeywell International Inc.
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Water & Wastewater Sensors Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Water and Wastewater Sensors Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Water and Wastewater Sensors Market?
The Water and Wastewater Sensors Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Water and Wastewater Sensors Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Water and Wastewater Sensors Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Water and Wastewater Sensors Market?
ABB Limited, Schneider Electric SE, Honeywell International Inc., Emerson Electric Co., Omron Corporation are the major companies operating in Water and Wastewater Sensors Market.
Water and Wastewater Sensors Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Water and Wastewater Sensors sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Water and Wastewater Sensors research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Water and Wastewater Sensors report PDF.