US Jam, Jelly, and Preserve & its packaging market is expected to record a CAGR of 1.7 %, during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). The consumption of jam, jelly, and preserves is directly proportional to the bread consumption, as they are used as food spread material, mostly during breakfasts.
MORE CONVENIENT JAM, AND JELLY PACKAGING = INCREASED SALES RATE
The US jam, jelly, and preserves market is quite stable with a steady growth rate in, both, value and volume of product consumption. The main factor for the increasing jam, jelly, and preserves consumption, in the US market, is the consumer preference for more affordable and comfort food items. Moreover, clean label, convenience, and ethical claims are other important factors accelerating sells of such spreads in the US market. Environmental friendly packaging has also become as important as fair-trade policies in the market. However, the usage of high sugar content and artificial preservatives in these products are suppressing growth trends of the US market. The number of jam, jelly, and preserves consumers is declining, continuously. As a result, manufacturers are investing heavily and developing new products with functional food attributes, such as low/no/reduced sugar, preservatives, and fat content.
NATURAL/ORGANIC TREND DRIVING THE MARKET
The United States is the largest market for organic food products. The growing demand for clean labels has accelerated the sales for jam and jelly in the country. With the rising consumer preference towards exotic varieties of fruits, fruits content in the product & natural/organic claims is increasing rapidly. Along with new jam, and jelly products with higher heath benefit attributes and various taste profiles, the traditional tastes are dominating the US market. For instance, grape jelly is still the most popular jam and jelly flavor, followed by strawberry, raspberry, and orange-based products. Natural/organic jam, jelly, and preserves are the most prominent products in the market, due to their health benefits. Moreover, the market for these products has evolved as a niche category, which remains unaffected by the unfavourable economic conditions, thus, accelerating the consumption rate of organic jam, and jelly even during recessions.
Market segmentation based on the product type includes jam, jelly, and preserves; moreover, the jam segment holds the major market share.
PET PACKAGING IN DEMAND
With the declining US jam, jelly, and preserve market, the market for its packaging is witnessing a slow growth rate, due to the rising demand for flexible packaging. Glass jar/bottle segment occupies the largest market share, followed by PET packaging. Moreover, the market for PET bottle in jam and preserve industry is growing, due to the increased demand for flexible packaging. PET bottle are easy to carry, cheap, and can sustain more weight than PP packages; further, the high cost and its extensive usage for jam, and preserve products are the major factors accelerating the market growth.
NOTABLE MARKET DEVELOPMENTS
- B&G Foods entered a strategic partnership with a third party logistics provider, to manage most of the warehouse and distribution functions in the United States.
- J M Smucker planned to build its manufacturing unit in Colorado City for peanut butter and jellies, to expand business in the country.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
- Revenue of global Jam, jelly, and Preserves market
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 KEY DELIVERABLES OF THE STUDY
1.2 STUDY ASSUMPTIONS
1.3 MARKET DEFINITION
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 MARKET TRENDS
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 CONVENIENCE OF READY-TO-EAT PRODUCTS
4.1.2 CHANGING LIFESTYLES AND FOOD PREFERENCES DUE TO URBANIZATION
4.1.3 POPULARITY OF VERSATILE AND FLAVORED FOOD MATERIALS
4.2.1 HIGH COST OF RAW MATERIALS AND INGREDIENTS
4.2.2 DEMAND FOR CLEAN LABEL FOOD ADDITIVES IN FOOD SPREADS
4.3.1 INNOVATIVE PRODUCT OFFERINGS
4.4 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
4.4.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
4.4.2 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
4.4.3 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
4.4.4 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
4.4.5 DEGREE OF COMPETITION
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 BY PRODUCT TYPE
5.2 BY INGREDIENT TYPE
5.2.1 FRUIT/FRUIT JUICE
5.2.6 OTHER FOOD ADDITIVE
5.3 BY PACKAGING TYPE
5.3.1 GLASS BOTTLE/JAR
5.3.2 POLYPROPYLENE (PP)
5.3.3 POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE (PET)
5.3.4 OTHER PACKAGING
5.4 BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
5.4.2 ONLINE STORE
5.4.4 TRADITIONAL GROCERY RETAILERS
5.4.5 INDEPENDENT SMALL GROCERS
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 MOST PREFERRED STRATEGIC APPROACH: PRODUCT LAUNCH, MARKET EXPAINSION AND PARTNERSHIP
6.2 MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES: B&G FOODS, ANDROS FOODS NORTH AMERICA, J.M. SMUCKER, NATIONAL GRAPE CO-OPERATIVE ASSOCIATION, TRAILBLAZER FOODS, WILKIN & SONS LTD., HAIN CELESTIAL
6.3 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.1 B&G Foods Holdings Corp.
7.2 ANDROS FOODS NORTH AMERICA
7.3 J.M. SMUCKER
7.4 KRAFT HEINZ CO
7.5 MURPHY ORCHARDS
7.6 NATIONAL GRAPE CO-OPERATIVE ASSOCIATION (WELSCH)
7.7 ORKLA FOODS (FELIX)
7.8 TRAILBLAZER FOODS
7.9 DIAMOND CRYSTAL BRANDS INC.
7.10 WILKIN & SONS LTD.
7.11 HARTLEY’S (HAIN CELESTIAL)