UK Snack Bar Market Size
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
UK Snack Bar Market Analysis
The United Kingdom snack bar market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period.
- People's snack tastes have changed toward healthy snacking due to consumers' greater health consciousness and awareness of the nutritional benefits of their diets. Consumers' desire to swap out sugar and carbohydrates for beneficial ingredients has given rise to the idea of healthy snacking, which has raised the demand for snack bars. Nevertheless, particular claims like "high protein," "energy boosting," "immune support," and "digestive health" will continue to propel sales of snack bars and brands in the years to come.
- Over the long term, the snack bar market is expected to be driven by the growing demand for portion-control replacement options and the reduction in average eating times of adults, especially among working-class consumers. Cereal bars have acquired greater importance as suitable breakfast replacement options.
- Fruits and nuts are also featured in an increasing number of snack bars launched, as these ingredients have high health perceptions attached to them. There has been strong demand for a blend of ingredients, such as fruit, whole nuts, rolled oats, etc., that contribute to high nutrient density, coupled with exotic flavors, such as dark chocolate, to increase the product appeal.
- Moreover, individuals' growing health consciousness and increased interest in athletic and sporting activities fuel the industry. In accordance with this, the rising incidence of obesity and other lifestyle illnesses is boosting market expansion.
UK Snack Bar Industry Segmentation
Snack bars are versatile products often made with cereals, fruits, and nuts to deliver healthy nutrients, bioactive compounds, and dietary fiber to consumers.
The United Kingdom snack bar market is segmented by product type and distribution channel. Based on product type, it is segmented into cereal bars, energy bars, and other snack bars. Cereal bars are further sub-segmented into granola/muesli bars and other cereal bars. Based on distribution channels, the snack bar market is segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, online retail, and other distribution channels.
For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on value (in USD million).
|Other Snack Bars|
|Other Distribution Channels|
UK Snack Bar Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the UK Snack Bar Market according to our research experts:
Demand for Convenient and Healthy On-the-go Snacking
- The demand for convenience foods is growing faster due to increasing awareness of healthy foods, changes in meal patterns and existing food habits, and the desire to taste new products.
- The fast-paced lifestyle of the population has contributed to an on-the-go eating pattern in the country, with consumers preferring ready-to-eat healthy foods to accommodate their need for quick energy and nutrition. The stores in the United Kingdom are heavily flooded with various snack bars, ranging from protein-rich, nutritious, gluten-free, and dairy-free bars.
- This extensive range of snack bar options aid in attracting a broad spectrum of consumers. Two-thirds of these consumers are interested in the nutritional benefits offered by these bars. End users in the country consume snack bars often for breakfast. However, snack bars are now being consumed for lunch and afternoon tea, with a growing number of consumers in the United Kingdom consuming products labeled “on-the-go” at least once a day.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Energy Bars Hold a Significant Share in the Market
- Energy bars were first used as a meal replacement or an exercise aid by diet-conscious individuals and sportsmen. Also, the health benefits associated with energy bars attracted health-conscious consumers, creating a surge in their market share. This category of consumers rapidly transformed and increased energy bars’ market share.
- Energy bars are rapidly replacing breakfast bars, thus contributing to market growth. The market is driven by rising health awareness and consumers’ increasing willingness to pay for healthier food options. Many consumers prefer energy bars to supplement their regular diet and substitute breakfast with one or two energy bars.
- Further, the rising number of fitness enthusiasts, leading to increasing fitness club memberships, is also expected to propel the market demand further. Companies like Kellogg's have products with high-protein content in snack bars and multiple flavors, like caramel pretzel cashew protein, which includes ingredients, such as soy protein isolate, soluble corn fiber, cashew, palm kernel, soy lecithin, and palm oil, among other ingredients.
UK Snack Bar Industry Overview
The United Kingdom snack bar market is highly competitive owing to the presence of a large number of players. The key players in the market are The Kellogg Company, Weetabix Ltd, General Mills Inc., Yıldız Holding, Mars Inc., and Mars Incorporated. Product innovation is the most preferred strategy adopted by most key players in the snack bar market. Also, while developing new products, manufacturers are sensitive to consumer wariness and trends of choosing products suitable for healthy lifestyle choices. Thus, players offer products with international standards and certifications, such as organic, Kosher, and others.
UK Snack Bar Market Leaders
The Kellogg Company
General Mills Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
UK Snack Bar Market News
- June 2022: Kellogg's introduced new 90-calorie Special K protein snack bars. The bars contain 6 g of protein, and these bars come in two flavors: the sweet berry vanilla and the decadently chocolatey brownie sundae.
- July 2021: Kellogg's expanded its crunchy nut offering with the introduction of a new range of nut butter bars, available in two variants, cocoa hazelnut and almond. The new range of bars is gluten-free and contains no palm oil, artificial colors, or preservatives.
- June 2021: General Mills launched ''Good Measure,'' a new brand of snack that is diabetes-free and available in three varieties of bars, namely, blueberry & almond, peanut & dark chocolate, and almond & dark chocolate.
UK Snack Bar Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Cereal Bars
22.214.171.124 Granola/Muesli Bars
126.96.36.199 Other Cereal Bars
5.1.2 Energy Bars
5.1.3 Other Snack Bars
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience Stores
5.2.3 Specialty Stores
5.2.4 Online Retail
5.2.5 Other Distribution Channels
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 The Kellogg Company (Crunchy nut, Squares)
6.3.2 Weetabix Ltd (Alpen Bars, Alpen Light Bars)
6.3.3 General Mills Inc. (Nature Valley)
6.3.4 Yildiz Holding
6.3.5 Mars Incorporated (Wringley)
6.3.6 GlaxoSmithKline PLC
6.3.7 Clif Bar & Company
6.3.8 Lotus Bakeries (TREK, Nakd)
6.3.9 Natural Balance Foods Ltd (TREK, Nakd)
6.3.10 KIND LLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
UK Snack Bar Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The United Kingdom Snack Bar Market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of United Kingdom Snack Bar Market?
The United Kingdom Snack Bar Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.6% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in United Kingdom Snack Bar Market?
The Kellogg Company, General Mills Inc., Yıldız Holding, Mars, Incorporated, Lotus Bakeries are the major companies operating in United Kingdom Snack Bar Market.
United Kingdom Snack Bar Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 United Kingdom Snack Bar market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. United Kingdom Snack Bar analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.