UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market Analysis
The United Kingdom ready-to-drink (RTD) coffee market is projected to register a CAGR of 2.55% during the forecast period.
- The demand for ready-to-drink beverages has grown due to the busy lifestyle, and ready-to-drink coffee, an excellent source of instant energy, is becoming popular amongst youngsters and the middle-aged working population. Ready-to-drink coffee is a healthy substitute for carbonated drinks associated with health hazards such as obesity and hypertension. The ready-to-drink coffee provides convenience by utilizing either brewed coffee or coffee extract that can be consumed in hot and cold form.
- Manufacturers focus on new product development with different flavors as a key strategy to expand their business and improve sales and distribution of ready-to-drink coffee. Product innovation concerning different flavors and tastes helps in gaining customer attention. The added benefits of functional ready-to-drink coffee attract consumers further. Functional ready-to-drink coffee gives scope to the key players to differentiate themselves from the competitors and gain an edge in the market.
- For instance, in September 2022, Califia Farms launched Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew, which will be available in Asda, Tesco, and Sainsbury. The brand-new RTD cold brew with real pumpkin purée and almond drink, combined with a warming blend of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. The result is a drink that caters to retailers looking to make the most of seasonal drinks trends.
UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the UK Ready-to-Drink (RTD) Coffee Market according to our research experts:
Surge in Demand for Non-Alcoholic Beverage
- The rising demand for non-alcoholic beverages is driving the growth of the market. People are more focused on consuming beverages that keep them refreshed and energized more often. The growing trend of carrying a beverage on the go, coupled with the convenience of the product, is catering to further market growth. Along with sufficing as a refreshment, ready-to-drink coffees also act as an energizing drink, owing to the caffeine content, which makes the consumers in the country prefer it more than any other non-alcoholic beverages.
- According to the Office of National Statistics of the United Kingdom, consumer spending on non-alcoholic beverages increased from GBP 11,632 million (USD 14158 million) in 2020 to GBP 12,182 million (USD 14826 million) in 2021 in the United Kingdom. Moreover, ready-to-drink non-alcoholic beverages are showing an upsurge in the market, owing to consumers' busy lifestyles and added convenience. Additionally, consuming coffee in the workplace or the mid-day as a refreshment is observed in the region, resulting in increased sales of ready-to-drink coffee products across the region.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Supermarkets/Hypermarkets Segment Holds the Largest Share
- The distribution of ready-to-drink coffee has expanded to several mainstream channels, such as supermarkets, hypermarkets, specialist stores, etc. Among the numerous outlets available, supermarket and hypermarket channels are preferred in the country, as they have the potential to stock variants of coffee from companies that cater to the consumer's growing preferences.
- Expanding shelf spaces for innovative launches by companies is anticipated to drive market growth in the future. The increase in demographic spending, ease, and convenience through supermarket purchases is expected to pave a strong pathway for ready-to-drink coffee manufacturers to penetrate urban markets in the country, where these stores are being set in large numbers.
- Moreover, the offers and loyalty programs these stores offer make the customers regularly purchase, leading to increased customer loyalty. For instance, Tesco, a leading supermarket chain in the United Kingdom, provides loyalty cards to customers, letting them earn one loyalty point for EUR 1 (USD 1.08) on offline and online purchases.
UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Industry Overview
The United Kingdom ready-to-drink (RTD) coffee market is highly competitive. The major players include Starbucks Corporation, The Coca-Cola Company, Luigi Lavazza SpA, Emmi Group, and Nestle S.A., among others. The market is fragmented, with many global and regional players who compete to gain a large portion of the market share. The key strategies being used by these market players are focusing on the expansion of new facilities and expanding their manufacturing base. Alongside this, the companies are focused on collaborating to create new product lines that suit consumer demand. Product innovation is the key strategy considered by the key players in the market, addressing the changing market trends.
UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market Leaders
The Coca-Cola Company
Luigi Lavazza SpA
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market News
- May 2022: Coca-Cola Europacific Partners (CCEP) and Costa Coffee launched a new ready-to-drink Frappé range to drive incremental sales within the ready-to-drink coffee segment in the United Kingdom and across Europe.
- April 2022: Starbucks Corporation launched its new flavor of frappucino in the United Kingdom. The Forget-Me-Not frappuccino is an icy cold combination of orange and vanilla flavors. These coffee products are offered in reusable cups.
- January 2022: Coca-Cola launched a mocha-flavored ready-to-drink coffee, along with redesigned cans for some of its flavored and zero-sugar products. CocaCola with coffee drinks is available in single-serve 12-fl.oz. cans
UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
18.104.22.168 Glass Bottles
22.214.171.124 PET Bottles
5.1.3 Other Packaging
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience Stores
5.2.3 Specialist Stores
5.2.4 Online Retail
5.2.5 Other Distribution Channels
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Starbucks Corporation
6.3.2 The Coca-Cola Company
6.3.3 Luigi Lavazza S.p.A.
6.3.4 Nestlé S.A.
6.3.5 Emmi Group
6.3.6 Jimmy's Iced Coffee
6.3.7 Danone SA
6.3.8 The JM Smucker Company
6.3.9 JAB Holdings Company
6.3.10 Inspire Brands Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market Research FAQs
What is the current United Kingdom Ready-to-Drink (RTD) Coffee Market size?
The United Kingdom Ready-to-Drink (RTD) Coffee Market is projected to register a CAGR of 2.55% during the forecast period (2023-2027).
Who are the key players in United Kingdom Ready-to-Drink (RTD) Coffee Market?
Starbucks Corporation, The Coca-Cola Company, Luigi Lavazza SpA, Emmi Group and Nestlé S.A. are the major companies operating in the United Kingdom Ready-to-Drink (RTD) Coffee Market.
UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. UK Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.