|Study Period:||2019- 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment market size is expected to register a CAGR of 11.2% over the forecast period, 2021-2026. Factors, such as increasing awareness on the importance of health literacy in individuals, partly imparted by government bodies, amid the recent global spread of contagious diseases, such as COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) and other potential pathogens that can be transmitted through water and air, and the degree of containments in drinking water wrenching the health of general consumers in developing countries, drive the growth of the UV disinfection systems market share.
- The primary factor for the growth of, and demand for, Ultraviolet disinfection equipment against preexisting water disinfecting methods, such as chlorination and ozonation, is that it is an effective alternative non-chemical water disinfection system along with additional benefits, including capital cost, operating cost, ease of installation, ease of maintenance, and less contact time.
- Ultraviolet disinfection equipment finds its applications in diverse industries, ranging from purification of water in individual homes to disinfecting the water supply of an entire city to industrial wastewater treatment, as UV water treatment is recognized as a safer and cost-effective solution for industrial applications. For instance, water treated by UV disinfection ensures quality and extends the shelf-life of cosmetics, and hence, UV sterilization has become the preferred choice for the cosmetics industry worldwide.
- In addition to the performance benefits of Ultraviolet disinfection equipment, the occasional maintenance of its components, including UV lamp and Quartz Sleeve, to be reviewed every six months can be performed without any need of professional assistance. This makes it ideal for residential and municipal end-users.
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 is expected to boost the Ultraviolet disinfection equipment market share in the medium to long run. For instance, the International Ultraviolet Association (IUVA) believes that UV disinfection technologies can reduce the transmission of COVID-19, the SARS-CoV-2, by acting as a multiple-barrier. The research in this area is likely to drive the market growth in the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
The Ultraviolet disinfection equipment, powered by Ultraviolet water disinfection technology, utilizes ultraviolet light of wavelength 253 nm, which is used to remove toxins, biohazards, bacteria, algae, mold, and other unwanted organic materials, while not incurring any residual taste or regents. Ultraviolet disinfection technology alters the DNA of microorganisms and impedes their reproduction. Each Ultraviolet disinfection equipment has its own lamp intensity specific to its application. For instance, the US Department of Health and Human Services normalized the standard exposure of 16,000 µwatt-sec/sq. Cm for the UV disinfection system.
The report covers the increasing demand and adoption of Ultraviolet disinfection equipment in residential, industrial, commercial, and municipal end-users, the latest developments, and market shares of players operating in the market.
|Water and Wastewater|
|Food and Liquid|
|By End-user Vertical|
|Middle East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Municipal End Users are Expected to Project the Largest Market Share
- The containments in drinking water, especially in developing countries, such as India and Africa, transmit diseases, such as diarrhea, cholera, dysentery, typhoid, and polio, and it is estimated to cause 502,000 diarrheal deaths each year.
- Moreover, according to the WHO, around 1.8 billion people around the world rely on drinking-water sources contaminated with feces. Such extreme circumstances drive the need for Ultraviolet disinfection equipment, considering the economic factor associated with developing countries and effective solutions offered by UV disinfection systems.
- Due to the problems associated with water scarcity, the rising cost of freshwater drives the market for Ultraviolet disinfection equipment, as UV systems turn wastewater in their tertiary stage to water that can be used for reuse for secondary purposes, such as gardening. For instance, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation spent USD 200 million over seven years for funding wastewater treatment.
- Local government body projects, such as the National Mission for Clean Ganga, the Five Year Plan of China Government, and the Chicago River project, involve the installation of UV disinfection systems, thereby driving the UV disinfection systems market trends.
- The industrial water needs and required standards of water quality laid down by authoritative local organizations, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), drive the UV disinfection system market. For instance, to manufacture drug products and drug substances, FDA set a standard for the quality and purity of the water to be deployed. Thus, companies can leverage UV disinfection systems to achieve the same.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific to Witness Significant Growth
- The market studied is segmented geographically by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The Asia Pacific region is expected to be one of the higher growth regions during the forecast period.
- This outbreak caused major concerns among the general public regarding the general hygiene of food and water, as regulations were imparted by major global organizations, such as the WHO, contributing to the rising demand for Ultraviolet disinfection equipment globally.
- The market demand drives China’s economic shift, and sustainability drives smart water solutions, such as sponge city development, dirty water treatment, and utility construction. For instance, in 2019, Xylem Inc., a 1000 fortune global water technology provider whose primary market is China, experienced double-digit growth in the country.
- The increasing population also aids the Asia Pacific region to be one of the largest markets, as the region is challenged by the scarcity of safe drinking water and its high-cost aids. The aforementioned factors drive the UV disinfection systems market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Some of the major players dominating the market are Xylem Inc., Trojan Technologies, Calgon Carbon Corporation, Severn Trent Services, and Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation.
- April 2021 - Halma PLC announced the acquisition of PeriGen, Inc. to create cleaner, safer, and heather solutions for customers. PeriGen, Inc. provides software solutions integrated with artificial intelligence, which helps in professional healthcare assessment; this acquisition will help Halma broaden the market of existing medical sector technologies and extend additional analytics and artificial intelligence capabilities.
- March 2021 - Evoque Water Technologies expands its global presence in Chennai, India, due to the increasing growth of the Asia-Pacific market. This expansion will allow the company to focus on market development and growth plans, using India as a central hub for the broader Asia-Pacific market. Evoque already established a technology and engineering center in Chennai in November 2019 and will accommodate new 80 employees, doubling the presence in India.
- September 2021 - Evoque Water Technologies announced a partnership agreement with Ostara Nutrient Recovery Technologies Inc. With Evoque's UV water waste treatment solutions and Ostara's leading nutrient recovery process solutions, this partnership will help customers and governments to treat wastewater, recover nutrients and convert waste into valuable fertilizers.
- July 2021 - Evoque Water Technologies announced its investment in a new facility in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This facility will be used as an innovation and sustainability hub to develop recent advancements in sustainable UV water treatment technologies and serve as a center for innovation, research, and development, addressing emerging water, climate, connectivity, safety, and health trends.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGTHS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Awareness for Hygiene and Cleanliness
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Fluctuation in Raw Material Availability
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Application
6.1.1 Surface Disinfection
6.1.2 Airborne Disinfection
6.1.3 Water and Wastewater
6.1.4 Process Water
6.1.5 Food and Liquid
6.2 By End-user Vertical
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Xylem Inc.
7.1.2 Trojan Technologies
7.1.3 Halma PLC
7.1.4 Severn Trent Services
7.1.5 Evoque Water Technologies
7.1.6 Advanced UV Inc.
7.1.7 Lumalier Corporation
7.1.8 Australian Ultra Violet Services Pty. Ltd
7.1.10 UVO3 Ltd
7.1.12 Hitech Ultraviolet Pvt. Ltd
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market?
The Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market is growing at a CAGR of 11.2% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market?
Xylem Inc., Trojan Technologies, Severn Trent Services, Evoque Water Technologies, Halma PLC are the major companies operating in Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market.