|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Ultrasonic Sensors Market was valued at USD 4,350.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach a value of USD 8085.7 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 10.31%, during the forecast period (2021-2026). During the COVID-19 pandemic, offices and factories are being required to create an environment in which social distancing between workers and safe work practices are ensured to reduct the spread of the virus. Multiple solutions based on ultrasonic sensor technology are attracting attention as a means to accurately measure distances between workers. Ultrasonic sensors are poised the wireless technology best suited to enabling contact tracing and social distancing due to the high accuracy compared to other ranging technologies such as Bluetooth and Ultra Wide Band (UWB).
- The ultrasonic sensor is an emerging technology with significant growth potential. Ultrasonic sensors rely on non-intrusive detection of target objects. They are primarily based on three principles - the Doppler shift, amplitude attenuation, and time of flight. Ultrasonic sensors are being widely used in the automotive, healthcare, industrial, food, and electronics sector.
- Ultrasonic sensors can effectively measure various parameters, such as distance, diameter, position, presence, and level of an object in a medium. The application of ultrasonic sensors can be broadly classified into - detection, measurement, and destruction of objects.
- Ultrasonic sensors can also be used for non-destructive evaluation of objects, including the inspection and quantitative testing of industrial structures and health monitoring of old buildings. They are particularly useful in complicated environments where optical sensors are unusable. They rely on non-contact methods of detection and measurement of objects in a medium.
- The growth drivers in this sector are - a steady increase in medical applications, reliability, cost-effectiveness, versatile functionality, and emerging solutions in diverse industrial implementations.
- Competition from other sensors such as lower response speed and accuracy in comparison with optical sensors and a dearth of manufacturing excellence hinder the market growth.
Scope of the Report
The basic working principle of ultrasonic sensors is based on echolocation. This involves the transmission of ultrasonic waves to the target object, which reflects it back to the source after receiving the initial wave. Ultrasonic sensors detect the exact position of the object by calculating the distance from the original source “echo”, generated by the object. Type of sensors such as thru beam, retro-reflective, diffusing and proximity sensors are considered under the scope of the market.
|Bulk Piezoelectric Transducer|
|Micromachined Ultrasound Transducers (MUT)|
|By End-user Vertical|
|Other End-user Verticals|
|Rest of the World|
Key Market Trends
Automotive Industry to Create Huge Demand for Ultrasonic Sensors
- Ultrasonic devices offer several applications in automotive sensors, like parking assistance, safety alarms, collision avoidance, object detection, and automatic braking system. They play an important role in shaping the future of the next-generation driver assistance and self-driving systems.
- On-board sensing systems are being offered in advanced cars for a premium process. These systems rely on ultrasonic sensors for measuring relative distances of objects from the car. Long-range radar capabilities are being integrated with cruise control systems to avoid collisions between vehicles. These sensors are also being used for detection of distances on the rear end of the automobiles for parking assistance and braking control.
- Additionally, sensor vendors have been offering several variants of ultrasonic sensors with increased capabilities like open-structures, waterproofing, and external casing for reducing damage. Thus, with the expected hike in ADAS systems in the future, ultrasonic sensors will witness a proportional rise.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Account for a Significant Share in the Market
- North America has been a traditional leader in the ultrasonic sensors market due to a number of factors. Market penetration is quite high in this sector and the presence of several automotive and manufacturing giants is a very crucial growth factor.
- Among the countries of North America, the United States holds most of the market share, while the Canadian market is estimated to grow faster than the US market. The health expenditure per capita in the United States is very high, greater than its developed counterparts in Europe.
- Since ultrasonic sensors can visualize the internal condition of the human body without damaging it, they are widely used in various medical inspections, including prenatal examinations to which radiography cannot be applied.
- Moreover, the rising demand for better surgical procedures by health-conscious citizens is driving the market for ultrasonic sensors in this region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The ultrasonic sensors market is highly concentrated, as ultrasonic sensors constitute only a fraction of the market share among the other variants of sensors. The rate of adoption for ultrasonic sensors is being affected by the presence of traditional types of sensors. Some of the key players in the market are Siemens AG, Pepperl+Fuchs, Honeywell International Inc., Baumer Ltd, Rockwell Automation, and Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Feb 2020 - Robert Bosch GmbH invested USD 20 million in UltraSense system which is a start-up in San Jose, California, for the 3D ultrasonic sensor developed to detect touch through any type of material and thickness virtually to turn surfaces into intersurfaces.
- January 2019 - Pepperl+Fuchs released a low-temperature version of its popular L2 ultrasonic sensor, which is ready for use in cold storage and extremely cold regions of the world.
Jan 2021 - Qualcomm launched the second-generation 3D Sonic Sensor with several improvements over gen-1. The 3D Sonic Sensor is an ultrasonic fingerprint reader that uses sound waves to scan a fingerprint and is mostly used as an in-display security solution. This sensor is also compatible with flexible panels that are used in foldable devices.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.1.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.1.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.1.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.1.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.1.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Applications over Diverse Industrial Areas
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Operational Issues
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Technology
5.1.1 Bulk Piezoelectric Transducer
5.1.2 Micromachined Ultrasound Transducers (MUT)
5.2 By End-user Vertical
5.2.5 Other End-user Verticals
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Keyence Corporation
6.1.2 Pepperl+Fuchs AG
6.1.3 Honeywell International Inc.
6.1.4 Baumer Ltd
6.1.5 Rockwell Automation Inc.
6.1.6 Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd
6.1.7 Omron Corporation
6.1.8 Sick AG
6.1.9 Banner Engineering Corp.
6.1.10 Balluff Inc.
6.1.11 Robert Bosch GmbH
6.1.12 Qualcomm Incorporated
6.1.13 TDK Corporation
6.1.14 Sensata Technologies
6.1.15 Denso Corporation
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Ultrasonic Sensors Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Ultrasonic Sensors Market?
The Ultrasonic Sensors Market is growing at a CAGR of 10.31% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Ultrasonic Sensors Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Ultrasonic Sensors Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Ultrasonic Sensors Market?
Keyence Corporation, Pepperl+Fuchs AG, Honeywell International Inc., Baumer Ltd, Rockwell Automation are the major companies operating in Ultrasonic Sensors Market.