|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Tall Oil Rosin Market is projected to register a CAGR of less than 5% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the tall oil rosin market because of the global slowdown of the world economy. During the pandemic, many factories responsible for raw material production, mainly crude tall oil, for tall oil rosin were shut down. There was also lower demand for pine chemicals and sectors like printing, paper & pulp industries are on temporary hold. In the printing industries, tall oil rosin is used as a rubber emulsifier to increase alkyd resin coatings' strength and gloss. Also, it is used as binders, emulsifiers, and sealants. Due to such various applications, the demand for tall oil rosin is increasing.
- Over the short term, rising demand for renewable rosins for pulp and paper, and hygiene products such as cleansers, sanitary napkins, and face-masks, increasing demand for cost-effective & vegetarian-friendly products are some of the driving factors which are stimulating the market demand.
- Requirement of several times taking & a lengthy distillation process of tall oil rosin hindering the market's growth.
- The continued emergence of new adhesive types across the globe and R&D in the field will likely create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and will also witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Tall oil rosin is a co-product and derivative of commercially important Kraft pulping, and it is majorly supplied by pulp mills. When pine pulp is treated, crude oil is obtained as a by-product which is then further distilled, and tall oil rosin is obtained. The tall oil rosin contents up to 6% of unsaponifiable matters. It also finds diverse applications in industries such as paint and varnish, pulp and paper, rubber, chemical, polygraphic, and others. The tall oil rosin market is segmented by application, end-user industry, and geography. By application, the market is segmented into Pulp and Paper, Inks and Toners, Adhesives, Paints and Coatings, Electronics, Hygiene Products, Rubber, and Other Applications. By End-user industry, the market is segmented into Printing, Automotive, Building and Construction, Chemicals, Electronics and Electrical, Mining, and Other End-User Industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the tall oil rosin market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on volume (kilo tons).
|Pulp & Paper|
|Inks and Toners|
|Paints and Coatings|
|Building and Construction|
|Electronics and Electrical|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Tall oil rosin is the fastest-growing fiber sector in the pulp & paper industry and the world's largest bio-based investment market. The major application of tall oil rosin is in pulp and paper production and for obtaining forest produce.
- According to Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO), the global production volume of paper and paperboard was approximately 401 million metric tons in 2020.
- The commercial printing market is poising remarkable growth. With this new opportunity, the ink and toner industry is benefiting from manufacturing ink cartridges.
- India is one of the largest ink and toner manufacturers around the world. The value of the print industry across India was over INR 225 billion in 2021 and was further expected to exceed INR 250 billion by 2024, indicating a compound annual growth of around 3% which will stimulate the market's growth. The pulp industry is estimated to reach 66 million metric tons by 2023.
- Owing to all these factors, the tall oil rosin market will likely grow globally during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market. In the region, China is the largest economy in terms of GDP. China and India are among the fastest emerging economies in the world.
- China is the world's leading producer and exporter of both pulp and paper. According to the Chinese National Bureau of Statistics, in 2021, the Chinese pulp and paper product manufacturers generated a revenue of more than USD 201 billion, with a gross profit of USD 13 billion, a 21.2% year-on-year growth.
- The Indian paper industry is growing at a rate of 6-7 %, driving the growth of the pulp & paper industry. Also, the proposed investment value in India's paper and pulp sector for the fiscal year 2020 amounted to about 19 billion Indian rupees.
- China is also leading in the printing industry. It is projected that the revenue of the printing industry in China will amount to approximately 120.23 billion U.S. Dollars by 2025.
- In the year 2022, India’s revenue in the Fragrances segment amounts to USD 286.40 million. The market is expected to grow annually by 2.49% CAGR, which stimulates the demand for the tall oil rosin market.
- Due to all such factors, the region's market for tall oil rosin is expected to have a steady growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The tall oil rosin market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include, Eastman Chemical Company, Harima Chemicals Group, Inc., Ilim Group, Kraton Corporation, Ingevity, and others (not in any particular order).
- In September 2022, Ingevity Corporation announced a general price increase for tall oil fatty acid and distilled tall oil products and derivatives, also for rosin-based resins associated with its industrial specialties portfolio.
- In September 2021, Kraton Corp. increased prices between 10 and 15% across its crude tall oil refinery products and derivative company.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Need for Renewable Rosins
4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Cost-effective & Vegetarian-friendly Products
4.2.1 Requirement of Several Time Taking & Lengthy Distillation Process
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Pulp & Paper
5.1.2 Inks and Toners
5.1.4 Paints and Coatings
5.1.6 Hygiene Products
5.1.8 Other Applications
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.3 Building and Construction
5.2.5 Electronics and Electrical
5.2.7 Other End-user Industries
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Eastman Chemical Company
6.4.2 Florachem Corp.
6.4.3 Forchem Oyj
6.4.4 Foreverest Resources Ltd.
6.4.5 Harima Chemicals Group, Inc.
6.4.6 Ilim Group
6.4.7 Ingevity Corporation
6.4.8 Kraton Corporation
6.4.9 OOO Torgoviy Dom Lesokhimik
6.4.10 Pine Chemical Group
6.4.12 Songchuan Pine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
6.4.13 Stora Enso
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 The Continued Emergence of New Adhesive Types and R&D in the Field
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Tall Oil Rosin Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Tall Oil Rosin Market?
The Tall Oil Rosin Market is growing at a CAGR of <5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Tall Oil Rosin Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Tall Oil Rosin Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Tall Oil Rosin Market?
Eastman Chemical Company , Harima Chemicals Group, Inc. , Ilim Group , Kraton Corporation , Ingevity are the major companies operating in Tall Oil Rosin Market.