Tablet Application Processor Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Tablet Application Processor Market Analysis
The Tablet Application Processor Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% during the forecast period. Particularly in the industrial sector, the drive towards automation has created a need for advanced data transfer and storage methods. In the manufacturing industry, industrial tablets are becoming prominent. The manufacturing vertical deploys industrial tablets due to their reliability and durability. Innovation and advanced features like the accessibility of the touch screen while gloves are on or wet hands make them perfect for field workers.
- For GPS navigation applications, rugged tablets are becoming more popular. Tablets integrated with GPS can provide off-roaders with reliable navigation through the most unstable trails. Handheld Group launched Algiz RT10, an ultra-rugged tablet that can withstand water, dust, shock, and extreme temperatures. With a weight of only 980 grams, it is considered the lightest industrial tablet, with a built-in u-blox NEO M8U chipset for location tracking.
- More players are entering the market to try their luck. OnePlus, the chinese brand, announced the launch of its first tablet in India. The tablet is designed to make it easy for users to keep it in their hands for extended periods.
- The Covid-19 pandemic was the most critical time for Tablet Application Processor Market as the world advanced towards online content consumption. But due to the global lockdowns, the manufacturing sector had a significant impact, which disrupted the supply of basic components like semiconductors and chipsets. This ultimately affected the Tablet Application Processor Market.
- A major chip fab uses the water usage of about 300,000 households, i.e., equivalent to 10 million gallons per day. The scarcity of water may affect the manufacturing capabilities of the Processor Firms. Policies should be enforced by the respective Governments, mandating these manufacturing units to make water-saving investments for the sake of the neighborhood.
Tablet Application Processor Industry Segmentation
The tablet application processor is used in various consumer electronics products to run the operating system. It is a system on a chip (SoC) designed to support applications running in an operating system environment. The ARM architecture of the tablet applications processor allows customization for flexibility in platform-specific configuration. These programs are primarily used for multimedia encoding, decoding, and media graphic processing.
The Tablet Application Processor Market is Segmented by Type (32 Bit, 64 Bit), Core Type (Single Core, Multi-core), Operating System (Android, Apple iOS, Windows Tablet), End User (Household, Commercial), and Geography.
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million)
|Other End Users|
Tablet Application Processor Market Trends
Apple iOS to Witness Significant Growth Rate
- Over the years, Apple has strengthened its position in the tablet market and holds a brand value due to its robust user base. According to a survey, Apple was voted the best global brand for the 10th consecutive year.
- Apple's user-friendly and processor-efficient iPads distinguish them from other brands. With Slide Over or Split View, multitasking gets more accessible, and dragging and dropping content between apps with touch or a trackpad gets convenient. The cellular support in iPad keeps users connected from anywhere, even if wi-fi is far at distance. Apple beat Microsoft by introducing Rosetta 2 with 64-bit emulation and switched its entire Mac lineup away from Intel.
- June 2022 - Apple launched away. M2 chip embedded with power-efficient performance delivers a faster CPU, GPU, and Neural Engine. Compared to its past generation chip series M2 is loaded with 20 billion transistors and second-generation 5nm process technology. At the same power level, the CPU in the M2 offers approximately twice the performance.M2 uses only one-fourth of the power and achieves over 90% of the 12-core chip's maximum performance. The M2 GPU provides 2.3 times quicker performance. Enables devices to run cool and silently while maintaining excellent battery life, even while playing graphically intensive games or processing large RAW photographs.
- January 2023 - As Apple takes the next step towards innovation, it discontinued manufacturing its wi-fi chips. Apple plans to launch advanced 3nm chips and is busy developing and researching. Apple plans to make in-house components in the coming days, aiming for minimal dependency on outside vendors. Broadcom will keep supplying the tech giant with wi-fi chips.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Accounts for Significant Market Share
- North America holds a significant portion of the market, and due to the presence of numerous international companies, the market there is expanding faster than in other regions. Also, as the average cost of consumer tablets in the United States declined, the demand surged, necessitating a greater need for tablet application processors. Samsung and Apple are the two companies with the largest market shares.
- Apple IR said iPad sales exceeded 9000 USD million in Q4 2022. America was the major contributor to Apple's sales, with 0.05 million USD in the year-ending quarter of 2022.
- The Galaxy Tab S8 series received higher preorders in the first week than its previous Samsung tablets. There were three models of the tab launched, and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra contributed 50% of sales towards all three models. This premium tablet series from Samsung is its most distinguished product with features like multitasking, an immersive display, a super-smooth S Pen, and access to an open ecosystem for work and pleasure. It comes with 5G connectivity, Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset supporting 4nm processor technology, Octa-core, and a high processing speed of 3GHz. Samsung Flow feature enables seamless file transfers between the tablet and Computer, in addition to receiving PC notifications on the tablet and vice versa.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Tablet Application Processor Industry Overview
There is intense competition with several providers of Tablet Application Processors. Due to high competency, the market concentration will be low. Market share for tablet application processors is slowly but steadily shifting from consolidated to fragmented, and manufacturers are introducing new processing technology to compete in the market. However, the market is dominated by global players such as Qualcomm Technologies Inc., MediaTek Inc., etc. Recent developments in the market are :
- February 2023 - NXP India, a division of NXP Semiconductors, and the Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry organized an event called Startup India Hub. This event will mentor startups to develop embedded products for mobile, communication, industrial, and internet infrastructures. This way, startups can present their commercial value proposition to NXP and industry partners. NXP India aims to strengthen India's position in developing environmentally friendly technology by picking the hidden potential of these startups.
- July 2022 - MediaTek collaborated with Intel to manufacture smart edge devices through Intel's Foundry Services. Intel's ideal combination of cutting-edge process technology and graphically flexible capacity will offer MediaTek to produce the following billion connected devices for various applications. After deep analysis and calculating the supply chain issues with eastern hemisphere countries like Taiwan, and China, MediaTek chose a western hemisphere company. Currently, MediaTek powers more than 2 billion devices annually, which will add to business growth for Intel by getting access to the chipset leader's portfolio.
Tablet Application Processor Market Leaders
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc
NXP Semiconductors N.V.
Texas Instruments Incorporated
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Tablet Application Processor Market News
September 2022 - Samsung launched Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro Tablet for industrial use. The tablet is embedded with Snapdragon 778G processor from Qualcomm, with a processor speed of 2.4 GHz, and Octa Core with Adreno 642L GPU for high performance. There are two memory variables with 64GB and 128G and a large battery capacity of 7600 mAh. One of the exclusive features of this device is it lets field workers it with their gloves on or even when their hands are wet. The device has passed the military-grade certification and is sleek and lightweight.
January 2023 - Xiaodu introduced an Optical Eye Protection Learning Tablet in China. This Z20 Pro Zhixue Edition has a second-generation display with characteristics similar to paper's. Thus staring at them for extended periods won't be painful for the user's eyes. The tablet is equipped with the AI platform Baidu Brain 7.0, which supports AI computing power and algorithms with educational scenarios to help children learn efficiently. There is also an octa-core CPU and fast charging support of 20W with 9000 mAh battery life.
Tablet Application Processor Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 High Adoption of Octa-Core Application Processors
4.2.2 Increasing Adoption of Navigation Application in Automotive
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Concerns Regarding the Impact of COVID-19 On Supply Chain
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 32 Bit
5.1.2 64 Bit
5.1.3 Other Types
5.2 Core Type
5.2.1 Single Core
5.3 Operating System
5.3.2 Apple iOS
5.4 End User
5.4.3 Other End Users
5.5.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.5.4 Rest of the World
220.127.116.11 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
6.1.2 MediaTek Inc.
6.1.3 Nvidia Corporation
6.1.4 NXP Semiconductors NV
6.1.5 Texas Instruments Incorporated
6.1.6 Apple Inc.
6.1.7 HiSilicon Technologies Co. Ltd
6.1.8 Samsung Electronics
6.1.9 Spreadtrum Communications Inc.
6.1.10 Ingenic Semiconductor Co. Ltd
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Tablet Application Processor Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Tablet Application Processor Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Tablet Application Processor Market?
The Tablet Application Processor Market is growing at a CAGR of 5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Tablet Application Processor Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Tablet Application Processor Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Tablet Application Processor Market?
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc, MediaTek Inc., Nvidia Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V. , Texas Instruments Incorporated are the major companies operating in Tablet Application Processor Market.
Tablet Application Processor Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Tablet Application Processor market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Tablet Application Processor analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.