Student Information System (SIS) Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 11.98 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 23.26 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Student Information System (SIS) Market Analysis
The Student Information System Market size is estimated at USD 11.98 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 23.26 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 14.19% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
The growth is majorly driven by increased digitization in the education industry, growing inclination towards e-learning, and emphasis on improving the quality of education. However, the lack of trained users might hamper the growth of the market.
- Schools and training centers are moving from the traditional blackboard approach to integrating smart technology into learning environments. At the university level, institutions are adopting innovative methods, such as student information systems, to optimize the overall institution operations by shifting focus from the manual workload and labor to providing opportunities for students to develop relevant and valuable skills in line with industry requirements the system offers remote access, security, data backup, and cost-effectiveness.
- These systems help in creating the modern, intuitive experience that students, faculty, and staff expect when transacting business on campus, increasing operational efficiency by eliminating data silos and paper-based processes and automating workflows, sustaining financial resources by identifying new sources of revenue and removing unprofitable programs, Providing campus leaders with real-time analytics dashboards and leveraging modern best practices and technology to recruit, retain, and develop top faculty and staff.
- For instance, The University of Nottingham is a large, complex organization with three campuses across the world (in the UK, China, and Malaysia). It is the seventh-largest University in the UK, with 8,000 staff and 46,000 students. The University rolled out Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions across all three campuses. All three campuses are now using a single, integrated system, which is expected to increase efficiencies, reduce costs, and improve the user experience for both employees and students.
- The recent COVID-19 outbreak also negatively impacted the education industry worldwide. With the lockdown, schools and colleges came to a complete halt and started implementing online solutions to continue the scheduled curriculum and assessments for the year. In this scenario, student information systems are expected to grow in countries having good network infrastructure and internet penetration. However, these systems cater to a comparatively less number of institutes with respect to the current demand for education. Thus cost might become one of the major factors hindering the growth of the market, as this may result in a loss of opportunity in emerging countries.
Student Information System (SIS) Market Trends
Adoption of Cloud in Student Information System is Projected to Drive the Market
- The need for institutions to provide access to data 24/7 and deliver a more personalized and seamless student experience is vital. Supported by cloud technologies, institutions can see a rapid return on investment and keep moving at pace in this increasingly competitive environment. Solutions usually include software packages such as student management systems, student information management systems, student records systems, and others. These require more data storage capabilities and thus provide growth opportunities for cloud-based student information systems.
- For instance, in July 2023, The Ministry of Education, Skills Development, and Entrepreneurship launched the ULLAS mobile app and signed 106 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with various organizations and institutions. The Memorandums of Understanding include collaborations with both public and private entities to foster innovation, research, and knowledge exchange across multiple domains, ushering in a new era of education collaboration and industry-academia linkages.
- Moreover, during the pandemic, education institutes came to a total shutdown, and the demand for solutions such as student information systems has spiked rapidly. According to the figures released by UNESCO, 1.3 billion learners around the world were not able to attend schools during the pandemic. Many schools, colleges, and universities were closed across the globe.
- As the systems offer cloud deployment, which has higher storage and processing capabilities, the number of features embedded in the system can also increase, facilitating all the requirements demanded in the challenging times, right from enrolling the student to maintaining an alumni network base which otherwise would be a tedious and time-consuming task.
Asia Pacific to Witness Significant Growth
- A student information system with specific built-in mechanisms caters to the purpose of the school management system at the same time meeting the demands of student-related information management in developing countries such as China, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, among others, majorly in K-12 Education. However, the growth highly depends upon the penetration of devices such as good computers and networking with decent internet connectivity and robust security.
- There are diverse sets of countries at different levels of income and development in Central Asia. The spread, use, and availability of student information systems are essential for the growth of the market, as is the availability of online learning materials, as well as devices and the level of internet connectivity at home.
- For instance, the school education system in India is the largest in the world, with over 1.5 million schools, over 8.7 million primary and secondary teachers, and more than 260 million enrolments. It is home to the largest and most complex education system in the world, catering to over 260 million young population each year, making it a region with immense opportunities for student information system vendors to penetrate and increase its customer base.
- Moreover, Governments of various countries in the region are taking initiatives to provide quality education and increase the literacy rate, which is expected to help the market grow in the longer run. For instance, the Chinese government is funding technology initiatives that are aimed at narrowing the gap between the quality of education in rural and urban areas. They have deployed a live-streaming network that connects hundreds of students spread across a vast expanse of China's countryside.
Student Information System (SIS) Industry Overview
The student information system market is semi fragmented, primarily owing to the presence of multiple players in the market operating in the domestic and international markets. The players in the market are adopting strategies like partnerships and expansions to increase their product functionality and expand their geographic reach.
- February 2023 - Skyward, a provider of school administration software announced a collaboration with Otus, a leader in K-12 student-growth edtech. With this collaboration the company will enable integration between Skyward and Otus, giving educators access to a advance suite of tools for more efficiently gathering, visualizing, and acting on student data to maximize student success.
- May 2023 - Jenzabar, Inc. and Spark451 have launched their Strategic Enrollment and Student Retention Suites. The solutions seek to alter how institutions meet enrollment targets and support students' success throughout their educational journeys.
Student Information System (SIS) Market Leaders
Ellucian Company LP
PowerSchool Group LLC
Campus Management Corp.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Student Information System (SIS) Market News
- October 2023: Ellucian, a company that develops solutions that power the essential work of colleges and universities, announced the acquisition of Tribal Group plc, a UK-based provider of enterprise resource planning ("ERP") and customer relationship management software and services to the education sector. The company will enhance and expand its global product capabilities as a result of this agreement, resulting in a broader set of modern technology solutions that enable institutions to provide an exceptional student experience.
- July 2023: Skyward, a provider of school administration software, announced a collaboration with ParentSquare, a leader in effective K-12 school communications. This collaboration will result in a seamless integration of the two platforms, giving Skyward customers more options for enabling and increasing school-to-home communication for improved student succes
Student Information System (SIS) Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Awareness to Improve the Administrative Process among Education Institutes
4.3.2 Rising Focus of Educational Institutions to Improve Education Quality and Customer Satisfaction
4.3.3 Adoption of Cloud in Student Information System
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Lack of Expertise and Infrastructure Among End Users
4.5 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.2 By End-User
5.2.1 K-12 Education
5.2.2 Higher Education
5.3 By Deployment Mode
5.3.1 On Premise
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles*
6.1.1 Ellucian Company LP
6.1.2 Eduware ntc
6.1.3 Jenzabar Inc.
6.1.4 PowerSchool Group LLC
6.1.5 Skyward Inc.
6.1.6 Workday Inc.
6.1.7 Tribal Group Plc
6.1.8 Foradian Technologies
6.1.10 Oracle Corporation
6.1.11 Campus Management Corp.
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Student Information System (SIS) Market Research FAQs
How big is the Student Information System Market?
The Student Information System Market size is expected to reach USD 11.98 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 14.19% to reach USD 23.26 billion by 2029.
What is the current Student Information System Market size?
In 2024, the Student Information System Market size is expected to reach USD 11.98 billion.
Who are the key players in Student Information System Market?
Ellucian Company LP, PowerSchool Group LLC, Workday Inc., Oracle Corporation and Campus Management Corp. are the major companies operating in the Student Information System Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Student Information System Market?
North America is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Student Information System Market?
In 2024, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Student Information System Market.
What years does this Student Information System Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Student Information System Market size was estimated at USD 10.49 billion. The report covers the Student Information System Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Student Information System Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Student Information System Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Student Information System market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Student Information System analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.