The South Africa utility tractor market of USD XX million in 2016 is expected to reach USD XX million by 2021 at a CAGR of XX% over the forecast period. Utility tractors are high power operators, with compact design, and easy to use multiple functions, and are used for various purposes such as agriculture, landscaping, plowing, grounds keeping etc. South Africa is one of the largest importers of agriculture machinery and tractors.
The major driver for the market is increasing demand for agriculture products as a result of growing population, extensive agricultural land area, a boost in imported products, and innovation in farm equipment technology with high efficiency and moderate price range. In South Africa, government support and subsidies for promoting agriculture productivity is very low due to an economic imbalance in the region, which is a major restraining factor to the market. Huge import and other taxes, high cost and inflation in grain prices as a result of a low economy in the continent are also constraining the market.
Market segmentation of utility tractors is categorized by application, drive, and geography. By application type, the market is segmented into dairy field operations, hay & agriculture products operations and landscaping. Utility tractors have major applications in hay and agriculture products. The market segment by drive includes pedestrian and wheeled type. The wheeled type market is sub segmented into two, three and four wheel type. Two-wheeled tractors are extremely common in agricultural operations worldwide and have the highest market share among others.
Key Industry Players
The leaders in the market include:
- Deere and Company
- CNH Global NV
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- AGCO Tractor
- Farmtrac Tractor Europe
- Massey Ferguson
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the South Africa utility tractor market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on national and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on national and regional scales.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South Africa utility tractor market on both national and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 High Agriculture Productivity in the Region
184.108.40.206 Increase in Demand of Agriculture Products
220.127.116.11 Growth in Population and Need for Agriculture Productivity
18.104.22.168 Low Government Support for Agri-Machinery Investment
22.214.171.124 Inflation in Grain Price Affects the Agri Economy
126.96.36.199 High Energy Requirement
188.8.131.52 Availability of Agriculture Labor
184.108.40.206 High Cost Creates Unwillingness amongst Farmer to Purchase
220.127.116.11 Shorter Replacement Cycle of Tractors Boost Sales Volume
18.104.22.168 Use of Tractors for Non-Agriculture Purpose
4.2.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Buyers
188.8.131.52 Threat of New Entrants
184.108.40.206 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
220.127.116.11 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Dairy Farmland
5.1.2 Hay & Agriculture Products
5.2 By Drive Type
18.104.22.168 Two Wheels
22.214.171.124 Three Wheelers
126.96.36.199 Four Wheelers
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.2 Joint Ventures
6.3 New Product Launches
6.4 Most Active Companies by Market Strategies
6.5 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Deere and Company
7.2 CNH Global NV
7.3 Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
7.4 AGCO Tractor
7.5 Farmtrac Tractor Europe
7.6 Kubota Tractor Corp
7.7 McCormick Tractors
7.8 Case IH
7.10 Claas Tractor
7.11 Kioti Tractor
7.12 Belarus Tractor
7.13 Massey Ferguson Tractor
7.14 Caterpillar Inc.
7.15 SAME Deutz-Fahr
7.19 Daedong-USA Inc.