Advanced Ceramics Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 6.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Advanced Ceramics Market Analysis
The advanced ceramics market is expected to register a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the market was largely negative, but the market has now reached pre-pandemic levels and is expected to grow steadily during the forecast period.
- Over the medium term, the major factors driving the market are the rise in use as an alternative to metals and plastics and the growing demand in the medical industry.
- On the flip slide, high capital investment for the equipment and chemical processes and uncertainty in regulative policies concerning climate change, energy & environment undermine the market.
- However, increasing applications of silicon carbide (SiC), gallium nitride (GaN), and growth in usage in nanotechnology would likely create lucrative growth opportunities for the global market soon.
- The electronics and electrical industry dominated the market, and it is expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to a wide range of electrical properties of advanced ceramics, including insulating, semiconducting, superconducting, piezoelectric, and magnetic properties.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market globally, with the largest consumption from countries such as China and Japan.
Advanced Ceramics Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Advanced Ceramics Market according to our research experts:
The Electronics and Electrical Industry is Expected to Dominate the Market
- Silicon carbide is estimated to have one of the largest applications in the electrical and electronics industry in the coming years. It has various applications in electric vehicles, high-power and high-voltage power devices, semiconductors, solar inverters, and LED lights.
- Aluminum nitride is used in heat removal applications because of its high thermal conductivity and excellent electrical insulation properties, making it useful in semiconductors and consumer and household products. Similarly, silicon nitride and boron nitride are used in various electrical and electronic applications.
- Asia-Pacific is one of the leading manufacturers of electronics in the world. It accounts for more than 70% of global electronics production, with countries like South Korea, Vietnam, India, and China leading.
- In Europe, the German electronics industry is the largest in the region. The electrical and electronics industry accounts for 11% of the total industrial production in Germany. According to the German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers' Association (ZVEI), the global electronics market is estimated to have risen to EUR 4.6 trillion (~USD 4.82 trillion) in 2021.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Japan is Expected to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Market
- The Japanese electrical and electronics industry is one of the world's leading industries. Japan is a world leader in the production of computers, gaming stations, cell phones, and various other key computer components.
- Consumer electronics account for one-third of the Japanese economic output. The country specializes in manufacturing electronic components and devices, such as passive components, connecting components, electronic boards, and liquid crystal devices.
- With the advance of digitalization boosting demand and expanding exports, global production by Japanese electronics and IT companies is expected to grow 8% year on year in 2021 to JPY 37,300 (~ USD 272.02) billion.
- The Japanese aerospace industry manufactures aircraft components for commercial and defense aircraft. Commercial aircraft production has been increasing over the past couple of years due to the increasing cargo demands.
- The country also plays a central role in the development of aircraft such as Boeing 767, 777, 777X, and 787 and engines such as the V2500, Trent1000, GEnx, GE9X, and PW1100G-JM.
- According to the Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare of Japan, the country produces over 25% of the total medical devices for surgical procedures such as sterile tubes and catheters for blood vessels, surgical procedures, and sterile blood transfusion sets.
- The rapidly aging Japanese population increases the number of patients with chronic and lifestyle-related diseases, and universal health insurance coverage and regulatory measures are driving the Japanese medical devices market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Advanced Ceramics Industry Overview
The advanced ceramics market is partially fragmented in nature, with the top five players accounting for a major share of the market studied. The major market players (in no particular order) include Kyocera Corporation, Corning Incorporated, Murata Manufacturing Co., CoorsTek, and Morgan Advanced Materials, among others.
Advanced Ceramics Market Leaders
Morgan Advanced Materials
Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Advanced Ceramics Market News
- In April 2021, CeramTec developed a ceramic power module for drive inverters for e-mobility solutions. CeramTec and the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Systems and Device Technology collaborated to develop cooling solutions for power electronics in e-mobility drive trains. The launch date announced for this new product was May 2021.
- In February 2021, Coorstek announced its new manufacturing plant in Southeast Asia. The first phase of the 400,00 sq. ft engineered ceramics manufacturing facility is in the province of Rayong, Thailand. The ground-breaking ceremony was held on 25th January, and the construction began in February 2021.
Advanced Ceramics Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rise in Use as Alternative to Metals and Plastics
4.1.2 Growing Demand in the Medical Industry
4.1.3 Eco-friendliness and Reliability of Use
4.2.1 Unfavorable Conditions Arising due to COVID-19 Impact
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Patent Analysis
4.6 Price Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1 Material Type
5.1.4 Silicon Carbide
5.1.5 Aluminum Nitride
5.1.6 Silicon Nitride
5.1.7 Magnesium Silicate
5.1.8 Pyrolytic Boron Nitride
5.1.9 Other Material Types
5.2 Class Type
5.2.1 Monolithic Ceramics
5.2.2 Ceramic Matrix Composites
5.2.3 Ceramic Coatings
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.1 Electrical and Electronics
5.3.5 Defense and Security
5.3.7 Other End-user Industries
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 3M (Ceradyne Inc.)
6.4.2 AGC Inc.
6.4.3 Applied Ceramics Inc.
6.4.4 Blasch Precision Ceramics Inc.
6.4.6 COI Ceramics Inc.
6.4.7 Coorstek Inc.
6.4.8 Corning Incorporated
6.4.9 International Ceramics Inc.
6.4.10 Kyocera Corporation
6.4.11 MARUWA Co. Ltd
6.4.12 Materion Corporation
6.4.13 McDanel Advanced Ceramic Technologies
6.4.14 Morgan Advanced Materials
6.4.15 Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd
6.4.16 Rauschert GmbH
6.4.18 Small Precision Tools Inc.
6.4.20 Wonik QnC Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Applications of Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN)
7.2 Growth in Usage in Nanotechnology
Advanced Ceramics Market Research FAQs
What is the current Advanced Ceramics Market size?
The Advanced Ceramics Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 6% during the forecast period (2023-2027).
Who are the key players in Advanced Ceramics Market?
CoorsTek Inc., Morgan Advanced Materials, Kyocera Corporation, Corning Incorporated and Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd are the major companies operating in the Advanced Ceramics Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Advanced Ceramics Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2027).
Which region has the biggest share in Advanced Ceramics Market?
In 2023, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Advanced Ceramics Market.
Advanced Ceramics Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Advanced Ceramics market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Advanced Ceramics analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.