Smart TV Market
The global smart TV market is expected to register a CAGR of over 16.52%, during the forecast period of 2018- 2023. The report profiles the smart TVs by resolution and panel, with the integration of advanced technologies of each segment.
The smart television technology landscape has witnessed significant changes and improvements, with the emergence of a plethora of technologies, ranging from OLEDs to QLEDs, HD to Ultra HD (UHD), and webOS to Android OS, thus creating the demand for a platform that enables simplified decision-making, for the adoption of technologies across multiple domains. With the proliferation of the internet in TV, users can now watch what they want, when they want, and however they want.
Resolution has been the main focus of improvement, over the years, thus resulting in a shift from HD (720p with a resolution of 1280×720) to UHD (4K with a resolution of 4096×2160). 4K smart televisions have gained traction, especially due to their declining prices. As per the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), the sale of 4K smart televisions is outpacing that of HDTVs.
4K Type Expected to Record Significant Growth
Currently, ultra-high definition (UHD or 4K) is now effectively the standard resolution for TVs larger than 40 inches. In Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2018, the industry witnessed a glimpse of the next step to 8K, as a proof-of-concept of the higher resolution.
Though 4K has already hit the market, it is available in two versions - 3840 x 2160 (UHD) and 4096 × 2160 (4K). The difference between 4K and UHD is that UHD, with a resolution of 3840×2160, has a resolution twice that of Full HD and thrice that of HD. On the other hand, true 4K has the resolution of 4096×2160, which is primarily used in digital cinemas. Therefore, rather being simply 4x of Full HD, 4K derives its name from measuring 4000+ pixels on its longest side.
North America Expected to Account for the Largest Share in Smart TV Market
The advancement of new display technologies, such as QLED and OLED, across North America, has led to a decline in LCD panel manufacturing. On the other hand, the advancements are fueling the smart TV market, with upgraded QLED technology that enhances the color accuracy and produce brighter colors with larger volume.
Several regional players are focusing on expanding their worldwide presence, to gain market shares. The industry has been witnessing intense rivalry among the premium segments, as players have exhibited an eagerness toward integrating and promoting UHD screens. Some of the major players of the region include - LG Electronics Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Hisense Group Co. Ltd, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Sony Corporation, and Koninklijke Philips NV.
Key Developments in the Smart TV Market
- Aug 2018 - LG Electronics announced that is poised to define the future of artificial intelligence for consumers and businesses, in the years ahead, with the establishment of a major new AI research center in North America, in collaboration with leaders in the academia and startup domains.
- May 2018 - Sony Corporation released the ECX339A OLED Micro-display featuring UXGA (1600 x 1200 resolution), the highest in class for a 0.5-type product. This product achieves the world's smallest pixel pitch of 6.3 μm, by leveraging Sony's OLED display technology and miniaturization technology, thus enabling a resolution that is 1.6x higher than the previous model.
Smart TV Market Major Players:
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- Sony Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Vizio Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Hisense Group Co. Ltd
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- TCL Corporation
- Insignia Systems Inc.
- Haier Group Corporation
- Hitachi Ltd
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation
Smart TV Market Report Summary
Smart TV Market
The Smart TV Market report offers insights into the latest trends, growth prospects, industry competitiveness, major players, value/supply chains, regional market shares, and forecast until 2023.
Reasons to Purchase Smart TV Market Report
- The impact of the increasing demand for smart TV, in emerging economies
- An analysis of various perspectives of the market studied, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segments that are expected to dominate the market studied
- The regional analysis of the market studied, during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players and key innovators
- 3-month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customize Smart TV Market Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.2.5 Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Industry Policies
4.5 Technology Snapshots
5. Market Dynamics
5.1 Smart TV Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Disposable Income across Emerging Economies
5.1.2 Rising Trend of Video on Demand Service
5.1.3 Growing Adoption of Smart Devices across the IoT Ecosystem
5.2 Smart TV Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of Internet Penetration in Certain Areas of Emerging Economies
5.2.2 Lack of Awareness in Rural Households
5.3 Smart TV Market Opportunities
5.3.1 Technological Advancements in TV Panels
6. Global Smart TV Market Segmentation
6.1 Smart TV Market By Resolution Type
6.1.1 4K UHD TV
6.1.2 Full HD TV
6.2 Smart TV Market By Panel Type
6.3 Smart TV Market By Region
6.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Smart TV Market Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1 LG Electronics Inc.
7.2 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
7.3 Sony Corporation
7.4 Panasonic Corporation
7.5 Vizio Inc.
7.6 Apple Inc.
7.7 Hisense Group Co. Ltd
7.8 Koninklijke Philips NV
7.9 TCL Corporation
7.10 Insignia Systems Inc.
7.11 Haier Group Corporation
7.12 Hitachi Ltd
7.13 Westinghouse Electric Corporation
*(List Not Exhaustive)
8. Smart TV Market Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Global Smart TV Market