Route Optimization Software Market Size
|Market Size (2023)||USD 3.52 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 5.45 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||9.16 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Route Optimization Software Market Analysis
The Route Optimization Software Market size is expected to grow from USD 3.52 billion in 2023 to USD 5.45 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 9.16% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Route optimization software plans, schedules, and calculates the most efficient vehicle route, saving time and money. When there are several stops, client meetings, and product delivery, route optimization software comes in handy. This software aids in avoiding traffic congestion by utilizing scenario testing and historical data to determine which route is the slowest or busiest.
- Many regions are seeing an increase in logistics-specific solutions. Additionally, the logistics industry uses cloud platforms and fleet management tools. It enables them to select route optimization at a minimal cost. The software providers attempt to deliver cost-effective route solutions. This system supports monthly, quarterly, and yearly payments. All of these issues contribute to an increase in the popularity of route optimization software. The logistical solutions are the primary drivers of this sector. Another critical driver for this industry is the new vital competitors' introduction. The major players are developing new software solutions. It is software built on Blockchain, data analytics, and other technologies. The technology advancement provides fleet providers with optimized routes.
- For example, onfleet is a comprehensive delivery optimization program that includes a variety of solutions for every business size operating in the final mile. Furthermore, the Onfleet web-based platform allows users to select from various optimization choices, dispatch routes, and send delivery notifications to clients, among other things. Furthermore, Onfleet offers driver-focused route planner apps with navigation and other capabilities required for successful, on-time deliveries. Onfleet's unidimensional last-mile concentration, on the other hand, limits its applicability to other field-oriented industries such as field marketing, field service, field sales, and so on.
- SaaS infrastructure growth represents a significant potential opportunity for this sector. The benefits of SaaS software in fleet management are numerous. In addition, the IoT rise will accelerate in the following years. The increased internet of things usage will create new growth prospects. The Internet of Things is evolving into web-based services. One such web-based service that will contribute to change during the projection period is route optimization. The low cost of cloud-based solutions will create more growth opportunities. A critical cloud solution is route optimization. Low-cost financing will make route optimization easier in the following years. Furthermore, increased demand for the cab and online vehicle services will expand future potential.
- ENYP delivers fresh food to underprivileged individuals and families. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ENYP was forced to transition from a food pickup service to a delivery-focused business, and they collaborated with Route4Me to optimize their routing operations. ENYP, in particular, was striving to reduce time and travel-related expenses while keeping up with a 357% growth in demand for their delivery services. The route optimization software from Route4Me enabled ENYP to quickly transition to a new delivery-based operational model without investing in different assets, personnel, trucks, and so on.
- The route optimization software is an advanced logistics technology. Furthermore, security issues are essential obstacles in this sector. High-speed internet is required for route optimization software. In addition, the route optimization program contains a lot of sensitive information. In this sector, a security compromise in software is a challenge. Fleet management is sometimes used to deliver pricey products. The consumer will face numerous challenges due to data leaks concerning these products and services. These obstacles will stifle overall route optimization market expansion during the forecast period.
Route Optimization Software Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Route Optimization Software Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Use of Logistics-Specific Solutions
- Route planning for logistics and distribution organizations is a form of advanced software program that aids in transportation and delivery operation optimization. The optimum route is determined by route optimization algorithms using real-time data such as traffic updates, vehicle size, and driver schedules. It also continuously monitors performance, reporting driver information, fuel efficiency, carbon emissions, and other corporate KPIs. Route planning, for example, keeps track of various KPIs influencing the logistics business growth. These include delivery times, delays, fuel expenditures, and average delivery time and cost. With this information, businesses may concentrate on areas for improvement.
- Online sales rise would create an opportunity for local and international players logistics players to deploy route optimization to provide a better experience to the customer. According to China's National Bureau of Statistics, the number of Chinese online buyers rose rapidly from under 34 million in 2006 to over 466 million users a decade later, enabling China's e-commerce business to multiply. According to CNNIC (China Internet Network Information Center), around 842 million people in China had purchased goods online as of December 2021.
- According to the government of Canada, in 2021, Canadas's manufacturing sector accounted for approximately USD 174 billion, representing more than 10% of its total GDP. There is also considerable demand from the warehousing and logistics sector dedicated to e-commerce activity in the country. These factors are expected to boost the need for the studied market.
- In November 2022, Carrier Logistics Inc. (CLI), a freight management software provider, introduced a new routing logic and planning optimization solution. It enables complete terminal optimization, allowing fleets to have every shipment for every customer at every terminal planned for the right trailer in the correct sequence very quickly and automatically. The AI-powered software module, the most recent upgrade to the CLI FACTS freight management system, assists trucking fleet operators in determining which deliveries should be loaded onto each truck and in what order, resulting in exact, fully optimized route plans that account for specialty equipment, appointment time windows, predicted traffic, and commercial vehicle routing.
- The revenue rise of logistics firms would enable them to deploy route optimization software. For instance, according to XPO logistics, the US-based logistics company recorded total revenue of over USD 12.8 billion in the fiscal year of 2021. It also allows route optimization players to develop solutions according to the customer's needs and capture the market share.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold Largest Market Share
- Over the projected period, the North American region is expected to emerge as the dominant regional industry in the worldwide route optimization software market. North America's prominent industry positioning in the global route optimization software market can be attributed to several factors, including a high penetration of software vendors providing route optimization software solutions and an increasing number of collaborations between software providers and delivery service providers in the region.
- Customers in the region can order meals from various restaurants or food chains with a single tap on their mobile phones using on-demand food delivery platforms and applications. Simplified commercial vehicle operations and visibility into the food supply chain aid in acquiring new clients for on-demand food delivery service providers. Food delivery service providers could use route optimization software to verify the driver's progress on long and short routes, handle several stops for meal delivery, and ensure timely food delivery.
- The rise in route optimization software demand is driving firms to provide different solutions to capture the market share in the region. For example, MapQuest is a well-known free web mapping service. While similar in supported features to Google Maps and HERE Technologies, MapQuest lacks the capabilities to sustain a dynamic last-mile company. Although the MapQuest trip planner includes basic route optimization skills and a few more route planning tools, its utility is limited. MapQuest's route planner, in particular, only allows users to plan routes with up to 26 stops. As a result, MapQuest is the finest accessible route planner with many stops for personal use and non-commercial drivers, but it is not appropriate for businesses.
- The increasing realization among enterprises in the North American region about the importance of holding money and aid by moving their data to the cloud instead of building and maintaining new data storage is driving the demand for cloud-based solutions and hence, the adoption of on-demand security services in the region. Owing to multiple benefits, cloud platforms and ecosystems are anticipated to serve as a launchpad for an explosion in the pace and scale of digital innovation over the next few years.
- According to the American Trucking Association (ATA), the industry needs at least 50,000 drivers. The average age of US truck drivers is 55 (Bureau of Labor Statistics), so the shortage might worsen as these drivers retire. Attracting new drivers is highly expensive and challenging, so it is more critical than ever that route plans get the most out of the existing driver force. Such a vast truck moment would create an opportunity for the studied market to grow in the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Route Optimization Software Industry Overview
Route Optimization Software Market, despite being moderately fragmented, is increasing growth opportunities. The market is witnessing continuous new entrants offering similar route optimization software solutions. Due to these new entrants, companies are focusing on making product innovations to gain a competitive advantage. Also, the companies view fundraising as a lucrative way to expand their market presence.
- May 2022 - Solera Holdings, LLC, a global vehicle lifecycle management player, released Omnitracs One Route Modeling. Omnitracs One Route Modeling allows large business customers to run what-if routing scenarios without disrupting operational production routes. As a result, drivers and local dispatching may create route plans in less time and at a lower cost. Route Modeling, available to Omnitracs One solution users, allows drivers and fleet managers to simulate modifications to stop sequences, route start times, pre-end post-trip time, breaks, and layovers to assess the impact of a suggested route on cost and service windows.
- March 2022 - Qualcomm and Trimble collaborated to provide high-accuracy positioning solutions for connected vehicles, Advanced DriverAssistance Systems (ADAS), and autonomous driving solutions to automotive OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers. By introducing meter-level location accuracy for smartphones with more accurate positioning for a ride-sharing app, both driver and rider can have a better experience with map detail and more precise directions when using real-time navigation applications.
Route Optimization Software Market Leaders
Descartes Systems Group Inc
ESRI Global Inc,
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Route Optimization Software Market News
- November 2022 - GSLS selected Descartes System’s cloud-based route planning and optimization and mobile proof of delivery (POD) solutions to transform its operations in fleet efficiency by achieving a fully digital custody chain for cash management while driving cost savings, improving fleet efficiency, and delivering customer service excellence.
- April 2022 - PTV Group Launched a Route Optimization cloud product for the consumer packaged goods Industry to support manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, and transport companies in the regional distribution of consumer packaged goods products and handles urban delivery complexities, enabling organizations to improve their reliability and customer satisfaction for automated sustainably and thus faster and more efficient processes.
Route Optimization Software Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment on the Impact of COVID-19 on the market
4.5 Market Drivers
4.5.1 Increasing Use of Logistics-Specific Solutions
4.5.2 Declining Hardware and Connectivity Costs
4.6 Market Restraints
4.6.1 Handling Structured and Unstructured Data
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By End User Vertical
5.1.1 On-Demand Food Delivery
5.1.2 Retail and FMCG
5.1.3 Field Services
5.1.4 Ride Hailing & Taxi Services
5.1.5 Other End User Verticals
5.2 By Size of the Organization
5.2.1 Small and Medium Enterprise
5.2.2 Large Enterprises
5.3 By Deployment Mode
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Trimble, Inc.
6.1.2 Caliper Corporation
6.1.3 Descartes Systems Group Inc
6.1.4 ESRI Global Inc,
6.1.5 Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.)
6.1.6 Llamasoft Inc.
6.1.7 Microlise Group Limited
6.1.8 Omnitracs LLC
6.1.9 Ortec BV
6.1.10 Paragon Software Systems PLC
6.1.11 PTV Planung Transport Verkehr AG
6.1.12 Route4me LLC
6.1.13 Routific Inc.
6.1.14 Verizon Connect Solutions Inc.
6.1.15 WorkWave LLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Route Optimization Software Market Research FAQs
How big is the Route Optimization Software Market?
The Route Optimization Software Market size is expected to reach USD 3.52 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 9.16% to reach USD 5.45 billion by 2028.
What is the current Route Optimization Software Market size?
In 2023, the Route Optimization Software Market size is expected to reach USD 3.52 billion.
Who are the key players in Route Optimization Software Market?
Trimble, Inc., Caliper Corporation, Descartes Systems Group Inc, ESRI Global Inc, and Google LLC are the major companies operating in the Route Optimization Software Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Route Optimization Software Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Route Optimization Software Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Route Optimization Software Market.
Route Optimization Software Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Route Optimization Software market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Route Optimization Software analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.