Riot Control Equipment Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 7.21 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 8.87 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||4.24 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Europe|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Riot Control Equipment Market Analysis
The Riot Control Equipment Market size is expected to grow from USD 7.21 billion in 2023 to USD 8.87 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 4.24% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Although the COVID-19 pandemic affected the economy of countries in most of the regions, sales of riot control equipment were not largely affected during and after 2020. In fact, countries witnessed several protests and riots in the same year and later, resulting in law enforcement agencies using riot-control equipment to handle the crowds. The increased mass demonstrations, street riots, insurgency, and protests over the last decade have exposed security loopholes in North American and Europe countries. Investments in advanced riot control equipment have increased in recent years, driven by the government's focus on bridging the gaps between the requirement and the existing supply. Hence the market is witnessing several procurement and development activities related to the latest riot control equipment. This is expected to drive the market's growth in the coming years.
- Restrictions on the use of offensive riot control equipment by the governments and objections raised by human rights organizations have acted as a barrier to full-scale adoption of some of the equipment. Furthermore, it was observed that the lack of proper training on the use of the equipment has resulted in serious injuries in some countries over the years.
- The future riot control equipment may leverage the advancements in technology and will see the replacement of traditional equipment with technologically advanced equipment that can effectively overcome the challenges faced by the current systems. Significant work on electroshock weapons, directed energy weapons, and composite and lightweight defensive equipment are underway, which is expected to offer several growth opportunities to the market players in the future.
Riot Control Equipment Market Trends
The Offensive Equipment Segment is Expected to Experience the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
- The offensive equipment segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing defense expenditure of emerging economies is expected to offer several growth opportunities to the stakeholders of the market during the forecast period. This, combined with the increase in violent protests and increasing mass shooting incidences, led to growing spending on police protection and is estimated to propel the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, armed forces have been deployed in situations that require great restraint. Therefore, there is a need to apply force while limiting casualties, which emphasizes the need for advanced riot control equipment. Future weapons may rely on technology and strategy. Some of the riot control equipment that is currently under development are optical distractors, active denial technology, lasers, laser-induced plasmas, and focused acoustics.
- Laser-induced plasma channel (LIPC), an electroshock weapon, uses lasers, which, when fired into the atmosphere, cause the blooming of the gases to ionize into plasma, forming a channel for electricity. Such advanced offensive riot control equipment is expected to support the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe is Expected to Experience the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
- The European region is anticipated to have the highest growth during the forecast period. Several countries in Europe, like France, the United Kingdom, Greece, Romania, and Belgium, among others, are involved in riots and demonstrations due to dissatisfaction with the government. In February 2022, Protesters across several cities in the United Kingdom demonstrated to highlight how the spiraling cost of living crisis is affecting the public. The demonstrations, co-organized by the anti-austerity organization People's Assembly and supported by trade unions, were held in at least 25 towns and cities, from London to Glasgow to Bangor.
- The protests come as UK inflation jumped to 5.4% in December 2021, the highest rate in almost 30 years. In February 2022, French police fired tear gas at demonstrators on the Champs Elysees avenue in Paris shortly after a "Freedom Convoy" protesting COVID-19 restrictions made it into the capital. Police created checkpoints, deployed armored personnel carriers, and set up water cannons to brace the city for the protests.
- In February 2022, thousands of people marched in torchlit processions and peaceful protests in various Italian cities to join the chorus of condemnation and urge an end to the bloodshed. The intelligence authorities warned the government to take necessary measures to be prepared for any violent protests that aggravate the situation. Such increasing instances in this region are fuelling the procurement and deployment of riot control equipment.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Riot Control Equipment Industry Overview
The riot control equipment market is moderately fragmented, with many players who supply different types of products, such as protective gear and non-lethal equipment. Some of the prominent players in the riot control equipment market include Condor Non-lethal Technologies, Safariland LLC, Genasys, Inc., Combined Systems Inc., and PACEM Defense. The development of new protective equipment, like shields, vests, and helmets with new materials that are lighter in weight with better strength, may help the players gain market share. Moreover, the consolidation of the market, due to mergers and acquisitions of the market players, is expected to intensify the market competition.
Riot Control Equipment Market Leaders
Condor Non-lethal Technologies
Combined Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Riot Control Equipment Market News
- September 2022: BSF launched a tear gas shell-dropping drone system that will be useful for security forces to control protesters and rioters. It can be used for launching shells from an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV).
- June 2022: The Iranian police added nearly USD 10 million worth of anti-riot equipment to law enforcement agencies due to the growing wave of protests across the country. The deputy commander of the Iranian police stated that the new equipment would help security forces to better execute the mission and strengthen the security of the country.
Riot Control Equipment Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Personal Protective Equipment
184.108.40.206 Gas Masks
5.1.2 Offensive Equipment
220.127.116.11 Area Denial
18.104.22.168.1 Rubber Bullets
22.214.171.124.2 Wax Bullets
126.96.36.199.3 Plastic Bullets
188.8.131.52.4 Bean Bag Rounds
184.108.40.206.5 Sponge Grenade
220.127.116.11.1 Flash Bang Grenades
18.104.22.168.2 Sting Grenades
22.214.171.124 Gases and Sprays
126.96.36.199.1 Water Canons
188.8.131.52.2 Scent-based Weapons
184.108.40.206.3 Tear Gas
220.127.116.11.4 Pepper Spray
18.104.22.168 Directed Energy Weapons
22.214.171.124 Electroshock Weapons
126.96.36.199 Other Offensive Equipment
5.2.1 Law Enforcement
5.2.2 Special Forces
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 United Arab Emirates
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Combined Systems, Inc.
6.2.2 Desert Wolf
6.2.3 Axon Enterprise Inc.
6.2.4 PACEM Defense LLC
6.2.5 Genasys, Inc.
6.2.6 Safariland, LLC
6.2.7 NonLethal Technologies, Inc.
6.2.8 Condor Non-lethal Technologies
6.2.10 Etienne Lacroix Group
6.2.11 Lamperd Less Lethal
6.2.12 Byrna Technologies Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Riot Control Equipment Market Research FAQs
How big is the Riot Control Equipment Market?
The Riot Control Equipment Market size is expected to reach USD 7.21 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 4.24% to reach USD 8.87 billion by 2028.
What is the current Riot Control Equipment Market size?
In 2023, the Riot Control Equipment Market size is expected to reach USD 7.21 billion.
Who are the key players in Riot Control Equipment Market?
Condor Non-lethal Technologies, Safariland, LLC, Combined Systems Inc., Genasys, Inc. and PACEM Defense are the major companies operating in the Riot Control Equipment Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Riot Control Equipment Market?
Europe is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Riot Control Equipment Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Riot Control Equipment Market.
Riot Control Equipment Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Riot Control Equipment market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Riot Control Equipment analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.