|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Protective Cultures Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.11% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Protective cultures consist mainly of bacteria, specially selected for their ability to inhibit the growth of pathogenic organisms or microbiological degradation.
- The major use of protective cultures is to maintain fermented foods such as yogurts, cheeses, sour cream, and fermented sausage. Protective cultures have gained popularity as new natural food preservatives due to their use proving to be extremely beneficial for clean label products.
Scope of the Report
Global Protective Cultures Market is segmented by product form, microorganism type, application and geography. On the basis of product form, the market is segmented into freeze-dried and frozen. On the basis of microorganism type, the market is segmented into yeasts, molds, and bacteria. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into dairy products, meat, poultry and seafood products, ready to eat food products, and others. Also, the study provides an analysis of the protective cultures market in the emerging and established markets across the globe, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
|By Microorganism Type|
|Meat, Poultry and Seafood Products|
|Ready to Eat Food Products|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Consumption of Dairy Products
The increasing consumption of dairy products and the increasing consumer awareness about clean label products and their advantages are among the key factors boosting the growth of the protective cultures market. For instance, in 2017, Chr Hansen launched products in the protective cultures market, particularly for yogurt and cheese applications. The protective culture products launched by Chr Hansen helped their consumers to replace artificial preservatives in order to sustain the shelf life of yogurts and cheese products. Moreover, the increasing demand for natural preservative-free products across the globe is driving the market growth of protective cultures. In addition to this, the burgeoning demand for long-term preservatives and highly transparent products has prompted the growth of the protective cultures market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Dominates the Global Market
Europe accounted for the largest share of the protective cultures market. The dominant status of Europe can be attributed to the strong dairy industry in the region. The strong demand for milk products in the global market and the decision to increase output have had a positive impact on the European dairy market. Moreover, the protective cultures market in the Asia Pacific region is expected to exhibit growth at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the growing demand for dairy products and natural & clean label products due to rising awareness about protective cultures among the population of the developing countries like India and China boosting the growth of the market studied in the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Global Protective Cultures Market is highly fragmented with international players occupying a smaller share and strong domestic players competing intensely in regional hotspots. Some of the major key players in the protective cultures market, globally include Chr Hansen, DuPont, Sacco S.R.L, CSK Food Enrichment B.V, THT S.A, Dalton Biotechnologies, Biochem S.R.L, Meat Cracks Technology GmbH, Royal DSM N.V, Bioprox, among others.
- In November 2018, DSM expanded its Delvo Guard protective cultures to reinforce safety standards for clean label products. The culture is designed to prevent the formation of yeasts & molds in dairy products to extend the shelf life of products without any effect on the taste and texture
- In October 2018, The DuPont Nutrition & Health Team in South America launched the DuPont Danisco Lactobacillus Plus which combines strains of L. paracasei, helveticus, and acidophilus in the production of fermented milk. These strains provide a better balance in terms of flavor and acidity while optimizing the production process through rapid fermentation.
- In June 2018, Meat Cracks Technologies GmbH launched a new variant of its M-Culture bioprotective cultures to combat listeria and other pathological strains in the meat products. The new product is designed to meet regulations barring the product from exceeding the listeria cell count limit value of 100 cfu/g to improve safety and the shelf life of the product.
- In April 2018, DuPont Nutrition & Health launched a new line of cheese cultures for industrial producers of cheese products. The CHOOZIT SWIFT 600 and CHOOZIT AMERI-FLEX can be sampled in pizza cheese and are designed to offer better consistency and reliability in the manufacturing process.
- In November 2017, Chr. Hansen launched the second generation of its FreshQ line of bio-protective cultures. The new line of protective cultures offers improved solutions in terms of applicability and benefits. It is designed to withstand higher temperatures and maintain the product’s integrity for a longer period of time.
- In December 2017, CSK Food Enrichment B.V. expanded its presence with the opening of a new facility in Wageningen University and Research campus (Netherlands). The new facility is home to the company’s R&D department. The campus would be directly responsible for the launch of the next generation products in the CSK product portfolio.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Form
5.2 By Microorganism Type
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Dairy Products
5.3.2 Meat, Poultry and Seafood Products
5.3.3 Ready to Eat Food Products
5.3.4 Other Applications
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Positioning Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Chr. Hansen
6.3.3 DSM Nutritional Products
6.3.4 Sacco S.R.L
6.3.5 CSK Food Enrichment B.V.
6.3.6 THT S.A
6.3.7 Meat Cracks Technologie GmbH
6.3.8 Dalton Biotechnologies S.R.L
6.3.9 Bioprox Ingredients
6.3.10 Biochem S.R.L
6.3.11 Aristomenis D. Phikas & Co S.A
6.3.12 Soyuzsnab Group of Companies
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Protective Cultures Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Protective Cultures Market?
The Protective Cultures Market is growing at a CAGR of 10.11% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Protective Cultures Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Protective Cultures Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Protective Cultures Market?
Chr. Hansen, Dowdupont, DSM, Bioprox, CSK Food Enrichment B.V. are the major companies operating in Protective Cultures Market.