|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Pouch Packaging Market was valued at USD 18.03 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach a value of USD 22.65 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 4.66%, over the forecast period (2021- 2026). Due to the outbreak of COVID 19, the pouch packaging manufacturers are faced supply chain disruption, along with decreasing manufacturing at the site in many parts of the world. However, an increasing demand for medical and healthcare supplies is expeced to affect the pouch packaging market positively.
- According to numbers generated by a Harris Poll chartered by the Flexible Packaging, 83 % of all brand owners currently use flexible packaging of some type. This supports the growth of the pouch packaging market.
- The snacking trend is witnessing a rise, including the usage of single-serve and re-usable packaging solutions. Pouch packaging serves the demand of the consumer. Pouches are lighter in weight, which results in reduced cost of transportation of goods. Thus, pouch packaging has turned out to be one of the most efficient and economical packaging solutions for brand owners operating in the packaged food industry.
- Moreover, FDA regulations for pet food products have improved over the years and are similar to human foods. Manufacturers are focusing on providing what consumers want, such as intelligent packaging for pet food. Thus, the demand for plastics pouches is likely to be bolstered by their features, which are inherently convenient for consumers, including zippered closure mechanisms and light weight, as well as, the reduced transportation costs. The growth of pouch packaging is expected to be strong in both dry and wet pet food categories.
- However, the lack of high-speed filling equipment, which has a certain impact on mass production, is hindering the pouches packaging market.
Scope of the Report
The whole packaging industry revolves around the essential element of consumer preference, and as a result, pouches have already replaced traditional glass and cans in the center of the stores. The features offered by pouches include an easy opening (like a tear notch and laser perforation), easy to use (with zippers and shapes), and being reclosable. Moreover, as they are chemically inert, they are widely used in different industries, such as pharmaceuticals, pet food, and cosmetics.
The market is segmented by different types of pouches that are predominantly used in various end-user industries, such a food, beverage, among others across the geographies.
The study will also cover the impact of COVID-19 across the pouch packaging market.
|By End-user Vertical|
|Personal Care and House Hold Care|
|Other End-user Verticals|
|Middle East & Africa|
Key Market Trends
Demand of Packaged Food Offers Potential Growth
- In a Flexible Packaging Association (FPA) survey of 2,120 consumers, consumers placed a high value on packaging that is easy to store, easy to reseal, and easy to open. Consumers in the survey also said they are willing to pay more for benefits, like the ability to reseal, ability to extend product life, easy to store, and easy to open.
- Thus, pouches have seen increased demand due to their clean, premium look, ease of shipping and handling, and innovations in pouch packaging for even messy items ,like creams, soups, and sauces.
- With the increasing urbanization and fast-paced lifestyle, consumers want a single serve meal (which provides a required amount of nutritional benefits), and for this, pouch packaging helps in fulfilling their demand. Nowadays, mothers feed their babies food from squeezable pouches that eliminate the need for spoons, bowls, and even bibs.
- Moreover, with innovations, like modified atmosphere packaging, vacuum packaging, active packaging, and retort packaging, help seal in freshness and lock out potentially damaging environmental elements, helping keep food fresher longer.
- With the growth of the packaged food industry in developing nations like India, the overall packaged food industry is expected to flourish. Additionally, Accenture predicted that by 2050, 66% of the world's population will be staying in the urban area, and thus, in return, it will help in the growing packaged food industry.
- Thus, the above-mentioned factors are expected to help in the flourishing of the pouch packaging market in the packaged food industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific to Witness the Fastest Growth
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth because of the presence of two highly populated countries, i.e., China and India. In these two countries, the increase in disposable income is likely to act as a supplement for the growth of industries, such as food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, pet food, and cosmetics, which, in return, is likely to help in flourishing the pouch packaging market.
- Moreover, the vast rise in demand for packaged foods and beverages and the critical role played by pouch packaging in keeping packaged consumables fresh for extended periods are likely to boost the market in the region.
- With the growing demand for takeaway and ready-to-eat (RTE) food, the amount of packaging waste is also increasing. Most plastic packaging materials are non-biodegradable. Thus, the government of China has formulated several laws and regulations to protect foods and beverages from the harmful effects of packaging materials. Thus, packaging companies are moving toward biodegradable pouches, such as a paper pouch, etc.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Pouch Packaging Market is fragmented due to the presence of several market players globally. Some of the major players are AEP Industries Inc., Amcor Limited, Ampac Holdings LLC, Bemis Company Inc., Berry Plastics Corporation, Tetra Laval International SA, RPC Group PLC, Alcoa Inc., Reynolds Group Holdings, and Crown Holdings Incorporated, among others. The market players are expected to leverage the opportunity posed by the growth of several end-user verticals, and are innovating to expand their market presence.
- April 2019 - Amcor launched the AmLite Ultra Recyclable pouch. The pouch can package a range of food, home and personal care, and pharmaceutical products, and be recycled in existing polyolefin recycling streams.
- Dec 2020 - Mars Food announced that it will begin to use recyclable monolayer polypropylene plastic for its microwavable rice pouches for household brands such as Ben’s Original and Seeds of Change. This is expened to launch in limited European markets by mid-year 2021. According to Mars, the project will bring to market the industry’s first food-safe, mono-material microwavable rice pouch.
- May 2020 - PPC Flexible Packaging, a manufacturer of custom flexible packaging for specialty food, healthcare, and horticultural markets, launches PPC Green, its new sustainability portfolio. The compostable pouch will able to biodegrade in industrial composting facilities per conditions set by ASTM D6400.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Innovations in Food and Beverages Packaging
4.4.2 Increasing Demand for Convenience and Ready-to-eat Food
4.5 Market Restraints
4.5.1 Lack of High-speed Filling Equipment
4.6 Impact of COVID-19 on the market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product
5.1.1 Stand-up Pouch
5.1.2 Flat Pouch
5.2 By Type
5.2.1 Resealable Pouch
5.2.2 Vacuum Pouch
5.2.3 Aseptic Pouch
5.2.4 Retort Pouch
5.2.5 Spouted Pouch
5.2.6 Shaped Pouch
5.2.7 Stick Pouch
5.3 By End-user Vertical
5.3.4 Personal Care and House Hold Care
5.3.5 Other End-user Verticals
5.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Amcor PLC
6.1.2 Bischof + Klein SE & Co. KG
6.1.3 Clondalkin Group (ProAmpac LLC)
6.1.4 ProAmpac LLC
6.1.5 Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
6.1.7 FLAIR Flexible Packaging Corporation
6.1.8 Gualapack SpA
6.1.9 Hood Packaging Corporation
6.1.10 Mondi Group
6.1.11 Scholle IPN
6.1.12 Sealed Air Corporation
6.1.13 Sonoco Products Company
6.1.14 Toppan Printing Co. Ltd
6.1.15 Toyo Seikan Co. Ltd
6.1.16 Huhtamaki Flexible Packaging
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Pouch Packaging Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Pouch Packaging Market?
The Pouch Packaging Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.66% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Pouch Packaging Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Pouch Packaging Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Pouch Packaging Market?
Amcor PLC, Bischof + Klein SE & Co. KG, ProAmpac LLC, Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Coveris are the major companies operating in Pouch Packaging Market.