Polyimide Films Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
|CAGR:||> 5.5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Polyimide Films Market Analysis
The market for polyimide films is estimated to be USD 1,300 million in 2021, registering a CAGR of more than 5.50% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The polyimide films market was negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic due to major shutdowns in the end-user industry. However, the market has now been estimated to grow steadily in the future.
- The factors driving the growth of the market studied are increasing demand from the electronics industry and accelerating usage in the aerospace industry.
- The increasing adoption of hybrid and electric vehicles is likely to act as an opportunity for the market to grow beyond the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption from countries such as China and India.
Polyimide Films Industry Segmentation
Polyimide films are extensively used in a variety of unusual applications due to their unique high and low-temperature operating capability. The polyimide films market is segmented by application, end-user industry, and geography. Based on application, the market is segmented by Flexible Printed Circuit, Specialty Fabricated Product, Pressure-sensitive Tape, Wire and Cable, and Motor/Generator. On the basis of end-user industry, the market is segmented by Electronics, Automotive, Aerospace, Labeling, and Other End-user Industries. The report also covers the market sizes and forecasts for the Polyimide Films market in 16 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Flexible Printed Circuit|
|Specialty Fabricated Product|
|Pressure Sensitive Tape|
|Wire and Cable|
|Other End-user Industries|
Polyimide Films Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Polyimide Films Market according to our research experts:
Electronics Industry to Dominate the Market
- Polyimide film is an optimal substrate for high-temperature applications, making it widely suitable for the electric and electronics industry.
- Polyimide film finds application in various electric and electronic products, such as wires and cables, printed circuit boards, semiconductors, motors, generators, integrated circuits, speakers, tape-automated bonding, rotating machines, computers, medical technologies, heavy equipment, and recording devices.
- The electronics manufacturing market in Asia-Pacific is expected to proliferate during the upcoming years due to the presence of a large number of OEMs in the region. The companies in the region provide manufacturing and assembling services to companies in Germany, France, and the US.
- Moreover, these companies are rapidly digitalizing their business to achieve end-to-end integration of their operation. This is further encouraging the OEMs from Europe and North America to outsource their production to Asia-Pacific.
- For instance, the Indian electronics market is expected to reach USD 400 billion by 2025. India is expected to become the fifth-largest consumer electronics and appliances industry in the world by 2025.
- Thus, the electronics segment is expected to dominate the market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Market
- China is the largest base for electronics production in the world. Electronic products, such as smartphones, TVs, wires, cables, portable computing devices, gaming systems, and other personal electronic devices recorded the highest growth in the electronics segment.
- The country serves not only domestic demand for electronics but also exports electronic output to other countries and is also a leading manufacturer of PCB in the world.
- China is one of the largest manufacturers of aircraft and one of the largest markets for domestic air passengers. The aircraft parts and assembly manufacturing sector in the country is growing at a rapid pace, with the presence of over 200 small aircraft parts manufacturers.
- Besides, the government’s long-term targets remain around 450 airports for the country by 2035.
- The Chinese automotive manufacturing industry is the largest in the world. The country also observed a production growth of 8% in the first nine months of 2021 in comparison to the same period in 2020.
- Thus, based on the aforementioned aspects, China is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Polyimide Films Industry Overview
The polyimide films market is consolidated in nature, with the top six players accounting for an estimated ~86% of the global market in terms of production capacities. These companies include PI Advanced Materials Co. Ltd, DuPont-Toray Co. Ltd, Kaneka Corporation, Taimide Tech Inc., and DuPont.
Polyimide Films Market Leaders
UBE Industries Ltd
PI Advanced Materials Co., Ltd.
Taimide Tech Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Polyimide Films Market News
- In November 2021, Kaneka Corporation announced a revision of sales price for polyimide film due to price rises in raw materials and transportation costs. The price will rise by 15% per square meter compared to the current price for shipping on and after January 1, 2022.
Polyimide Films Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the Electronics Industry
4.1.2 Accelerating Usage in the Automotive and Aerospace Industry
4.2.1 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Flexible Printed Circuit
5.1.2 Specialty Fabricated Product
5.1.3 Pressure Sensitive Tape
5.1.4 Wire and Cable
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Arakawa Chemicals Industries Ltd
6.4.2 Du Pont-Toray Co. Ltd
6.4.4 Flexcon Company Inc.
6.4.5 IST Corporation
6.4.6 Kaneka Corporation
6.4.7 Liyang Huajing Electronic Material Co. Ltd
6.4.8 PI Advanced Materials Co. Ltd
6.4.9 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
6.4.10 Shinmax Technology Ltd
6.4.11 Suzhou Kying Industrial Materials Co. Ltd
6.4.12 Taimide Tech Inc.
6.4.13 Tianjin Hengji International Trade Co. Ltd
6.4.14 UBE Industries Ltd
6.4.15 Yunda Electronic Materials Co. Ltd
6.4.16 Zhejiang Hecheng Electric Technology Co. Ltd
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Adoption of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
Polyimide Films Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Polyimide Films Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Polyimide Films Market?
The Polyimide Films Market is growing at a CAGR of >5.5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Polyimide Films Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Polyimide Films Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Polyimide Films Market?
DuPont-Toray Co.Ltd, Kaneka Corporation, UBE Industries Ltd, PI Advanced Materials Co., Ltd., Taimide Tech Inc. are the major companies operating in Polyimide Films Market.
Polyimide Films Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Polyimide Films market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Polyimide Films analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.