Philippines Feed Additives Industry Overview
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Philippines Feed Additives Market Analysis
The Philippines feed additive market is projected to register a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period.
- The Philippines is one of the leading compound feed-producing and consuming countries and one of the fastest-growing meat-consuming countries in the world. The increasing scale of livestock production in the country has contributed to the increase in feed production capacities in central provinces. This, in turn, results in demand generation for feed additives to provide overall nutrition for the animals. Thus, it has a direct impact on the feed additives market.
- Livestock production across the country and all animal groups have been growing to support the needs of the changing diet patterns of the populations, particularly in the developing markets. However, the livestock sector in the country is increasingly becoming industrial, with a large number of farmers remaining small and marginal. The Philippines has also been known as one of Asia's top exporters of aquaculture yields.
- The Philippines Department of Agriculture aims to develop domestic dairy production by 10%/year to reduce the reliance on imports. Consumer awareness of the consumption of meat and milk products creates the demand for quality feed additives, which positively influences the feed additives market in the country.
Philippines Feed Additives Industry Segments
Feed additives enhance animal nutrition and are added to feed to provide complete food to farm animals. The Philippine Feed Additive Market is segmented by Additive Type (Antibiotics, Vitamins, Antioxidants, Amino Acids, Enzymes, Mycotoxin Detoxifiers, Prebiotics, Probiotics, Prebiotics, Flavors, and Sweeteners, Pigments, Binders, and Minerals) and Animal Type (Ruminants, Swine, Poultry, and Other Animal Types). The report offers market size and forecasts for the Philippine Feed Additives Market Market in value (USD million) for all of the above segments.
|Flavors and Sweeteners|
|Other Animal Types|
Philippines Feed Additives Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Philippines Feed Additives Market according to our research experts:
Increased Demand for High Value Animal Protein
The demand for the higher value and quality foods, such as meat, eggs, and milk, is increasing compared to plant-originated foods, such as cereals, owing to the rising demand for more fantastic food varieties and protein intake. These changes in consumption, together with sizeable population growth, have led to significant increases in the country's total market for animal products. Furthermore, this trend is expected to continue in the coming years.
According to Livestock and Poultry Statistics of the Philippines, the volume of chicken and duck eggs was recorded to be 583,234 metric tons and 49,569 metric tons, respectively, in 2019. It showcased significant growth by amounting to 605,786 metric tons and 50,484 metric tons, respectively, by 2020. This shows the demand for animal protein by the Philippines nationals.
Meat products are proliferating in the country due to the increasing health concern and the growing disposable income. The rising demand for animal products and processed meat has allowed feed manufacturers to enhance animal productivity. The growing demand for various animal products, such as milk, dairy products, meat products, eggs, and other non-food items, has led to the growth in the usage of feed additives, thereby boosting the market for feed additives in the country.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Ruminants Segment Dominates the Market
Ruminants majorly consume readily fermentable carbohydrates in their diet in large amounts. This adversely affected the ruminant population with ruminal acidosis. Researchers found that the ruminal pH drop can be prevented by consuming live yeast in their diet. This factor has driven the market for probiotics additives. The consumption of probiotics in animal diets enhanced their digestibility and prevented the growth of pH in their bodies.
Philippines primarily has a tropical climate best suited for the farming of cattle and goats. The goats are considered a vital livelihood component among the smallholder and marginal farmers in the Philippines, along with the obvious economic and social benefits it provides. As per the Philippines Statistics Authority, the production rate of goats grew by a significant 23.4% in 2021 as compared to the previous year.
As per the Philippine Council for Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resources Research and Development (PCARRD), the goat is set to increase significantly during the coming years. All these increase the demand for quality feed and feed additives to sustain this growing ruminant population.
Philippines Feed Additives Market Competitor Analysis
The Philippine feed additives market is highly fragmented. Archer Daniels Midland Company, BASF SE, and Shiv Holdings NV (Nutreco NV) are some players dominating the market. These players are adopting product innovation as their most adopted strategy and are coming up with new innovative products that cater to the needs of animals in the country.
Philippines Feed Additives Market Top Players
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Philippines Feed Additives Market Recent Developments
- September 2022: AB Vista debuted its "stimbiotic" feed additive in the Philippines. The first "stimbiotic" product, called Signis, is a feed ingredient that enhances the animals' resistance to stress and the intestinal health of pigs and chickens.
- June 2022: Cargill acquired Delacon to create a leading plant-based phytogenic feed additives business for healthier animal nutrition. The acquisition brings deep feed additives expertise, global presence, and more wholesome food production. The Philippines, a country where Cargill enjoys a significant market share, will benefit significantly from this acquisition.
Philippines Feed Additives Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Additive Type
5.1.4 Amino Acids
5.1.6 Mycotoxin Detoxifiers
5.1.9 Flavors and Sweeteners
5.2 Animal Type
5.2.4 Other Animal Types
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Competitor Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Cargill Inc.
6.3.2 Alltech Inc.
6.3.3 BASF SE
6.3.4 Archer Daniels Midland
6.3.5 Dupoint De Nemours Inc. (Danisco Animal Nutrition)
6.3.6 Novozymes AS
6.3.7 Lallemand Inc
6.3.8 Bluestar Adisseo Co Ltd
6.3.9 Nutreco NV
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Philippines Feed Additives Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Philippines Feed Additives Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Philippines Feed Additives Market?
The Philippines Feed Additives Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Philippines Feed Additives Market?
ADM, Nutreco NV, Alltech Inc., Cargill Incorporated, BASF SE are the major companies operating in Philippines Feed Additives Market.
Philippines Feed Additives Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Philippines Feed Additives sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Philippines Feed Additives research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Philippines Feed Additives report PDF.