Perlite Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|CAGR:||> 5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Perlite Market Analysis
The perlite market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period.
- COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020. However, the market reached pre-pandemic levels in 2022 and is expected to grow steadily in the future.
- Increasing demand for perlite from the agricultural and construction industries is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. The availability of substitutes, such as Diatomite, Pumice, Slag, Vermiculite, and Coco-coir, will likely hinder the market’s growth.
- Increasing new application bases of perlite like eco-roofs, soil conditioning, and wastewater filtration and government certifications for its consumption may act as an opportunity for the market in the future. The Asia-Pacific region dominates the market worldwide, with countries like China, India, and Japan being the biggest consumers.
Perlite Industry Segmentation
Perlite is an amorphous volcanic glass with a high water content that is often created when obsidian is hydrated. Perlite finds its application in Fire-proofing solutions, insulation, Filtration, and many other applications.
The perlite market is segmented by product type, application, and geography. By product type, the market is segmented into Expanded Perlite, Agro-perlite, Vapex, and Other Product Types. By Application, the market is segmented into Fillers, Fire-proofing, Insulation, Filtration, Abrasives, and Other Applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts in 15 countries across major regions.
For each segment, market sizing and forecasts have been done based on volume (kiloton).
|Other Product Types|
Perlite Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Perlite Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand from Construction Sector
- The majority of perlite market consumption is by the construction industry. Perlite demand in the construction industry is attributed to its durable, lightweight, and efficient properties, which is anticipated to drive market expansion over the forecast period.
- Further, due to perlite's density and low cost, it is used in various construction and building products, such as insulation, ceiling tiles, concrete, mortar, and lightweight plasters. The building construction sector is expanding rapidly across the globe.
- For example, China's growth is fueled mainly by rapid residential and commercial building expansion. China is encouraging and enduring a continuous urbanization process, with a projected rate of 70% by 2030. Also, China's construction output peaked in 2021 at a value of about USD 4.21 trillion. As a result, these factors tend to increase the demand for perlite across the globe.
- India is expanding its commercial construction sector. For instance, the CommerzIII Commercial Office Complex construction worth USD 900 million started in Q1 2022. The project involves the construction of a 43-story commercial office complex and is expected to be completed in Q4 2027. The increasing commercial construction is expected to increase the demand for perlite during the forecast period.
- Therefore, the aforementioned factors, the demand for perlite is expected to increase during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market share. With the growing application of perlite in horticulture, agricultural production has shown an outstanding yield. The use of a hydroponic system can also boost the yield, which in turn, drives the consumption of perlite.
- Perlite is also used as a filler in the construction industry for ceiling tiles, floor heating insulations, highway sound-absorbing walls, etc. With growing construction activities, perlite consumption is expected to grow during the forecast period.
- China experienced a significant increase in construction activities, resulting in a surge in demand for perlite in construction applications. For example, China is one of the leading countries with respect to the construction of shopping centers. China has almost 4,000 shopping centers, while 7,000 more are estimated to be open by 2025.
- Moreover, in India, under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G), the scheme of “Housing for All” by 2024 has been set at 2.95 crore houses. Out of which, 2,17,54,812 houses have been sanctioned to the beneficiaries, and 1,71,34,737 houses have been completed as of 2nd February 2022. Thus, the increasing housing construction is expected to support market growth.
- Thus, such factors may contribute to the increasing demand for perlite in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Perlite Industry Overview
The perlite market is highly consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Carolina Perlite Co., Inc., Imerys, Bergama Madencilik İnşaat Makine Perlit Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş., Cornerstone Industrial Minerals Corporation, and Saudi Perlite Industries, among others.
Perlite Market Leaders
Saudi Perlite Industries
Cornerstone Industrial Mineral Corporation
Bergama Madencilik İnşaat Makine Perlit Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.
Carolina Perlite Co., Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Perlite Market News
- February 2023: Titan Cement acquired a share in Aegean Perlites. The company operates perlite and pozzolan quarries on the island of Yali. It also has access to port facilities. Titan Group says it is investing in direct access to pozzolan reserves to increase its volume of pozzolan-based cementitious products with a lower clinker factor. The deal is connected to Titan’s target to reduce its CO2 emissions by 35% by 2030, compared to 1990 levels, and increase the share of green products in its portfolio to over 50%.
- April 2022: Silica Holdings, Inc. announced part of its Industrial and Specialty Products business would increase prices for most of its non-contracted diatomaceous earth, perlite, and cellulose products used primarily in food and beverage filtration, renewable diesel, catalysts, paints and coatings, plastics and industrial oil. Ongoing inflationary pressures around raw materials, packaging, labor, logistics, and maintenance expenses drive this increase.
Perlite Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Surge in Demand in the Agricultural and Construction Industries
4.1.2 Increasing Usage in the Metallurgical Industry
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Availability of Substitutes
4.2.2 Health Problems Due to Prolonged Exposure
4.2.3 Other Restraints
4.3 Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Expanded Perlite
5.1.4 Other Product Types
5.2.6 Other Applications
5.3.1 Asia Pacific
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Ausperl Pty Ltd
6.4.2 Azer Perlite Corporation
6.4.3 Bergama Mining Perlite
6.4.4 Blue Pacific Minerals
6.4.5 Cornerstone Industrial Minerals Corporation USA
6.4.6 Amol Minechem Ltd.
6.4.8 Mianeh Prlite Expanding Co. Ltd
6.4.9 Omya AG
6.4.10 Profiltra BV
6.4.11 Saudi Perlite Industries
6.4.12 Supreme Perlite Company
6.4.14 Carolina Perlite Co., Inc.
6.4.15 Midwest Perlite
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Government Certification for its Consumption
Perlite Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Perlite Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Perlite Market?
The Perlite Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Perlite Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Perlite Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Perlite Market?
IMERYS, Saudi Perlite Industries, Cornerstone Industrial Mineral Corporation, Bergama Madencilik İnşaat Makine Perlit Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. , Carolina Perlite Co., Inc. are the major companies operating in Perlite Market.
Perlite Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Perlite market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Perlite analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.