Oxalic Acid Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|> 4.00 %
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Oxalic Acid Market Analysis
The global oxalic acid market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020. In the first half of 2020, the import and export of oxalic acid were closed due to government-imposed lockdown restrictions. The temporary suspension of transportation unfavorably impacted the consumption of oxalic acid. However, its use in the pharmaceutical sector to produce drugs like borneol and tetracycline, as well as disinfectants, created a great demand for oxalic acid during the pandemic.
- The growing adoption of oxalic acid in the pharmaceutical industry to produce various medicines is forecasting market demand.
- The use of oxalic acid in the metal processing industry for rust removal, smelting of rare earth metals, and as a paint remover is also a blooming opportunity for the market studied.
- Growing health issues due to the toxicity of oxalic acid are hindering the market's growth.
- The Asian-Pacific region is expected to dominate the oxalic acid market and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Oxalic Acid Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Oxalic Acid Market according to our research experts:
Rising Demand for Oxalic Acid from Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Segments
- Pharmaceuticals and healthcare sectors are experiencing rapid growth globally, creating a burgeoning market for oxalic acid manufacturers.
- The pharmaceutical industry uses oxalic acid to manufacture drugs such as borneol, tetracycline, and antibiotics. Oxalic acid is also used as an ingredient in tooth-whitening products.
- One of oxalic acid's main advantages is its increasing antibiotic usage. In addition, oxalic acid is used to reduce the growth of naturally occurring microorganisms in pharmaceuticals and for deproteinization and dechelation.
- According to the IFPMA, global biopharmaceutical companies invested about USD 182 billion in 2021, the highest ever, and is expected to grow by CAGR 4.2% in the next five years, so the growing adoption of research and development in pharmaceutical industries provides a blooming opportunity for the oxalic acid market.
- Therefore, considering the factors mentioned above, the demand for the oxalic acid market is expected to rise significantly in the pharmaceutical application segment in the near future.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the worldwide market in 2021, with a significant market share in terms of revenue, and is projected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period.
- Growing demand for oxalic acid from the pharmaceutical sector across Asian countries, including India, China, and Japan, is the primary factor driving the growth of the target industry in the Asia-Pacific. The largest consumption of oxalic acid in Asia-Pacific occurs in China, making it one of the world's largest producers of oxalic acid.
- According to the India Brand Equity Foundation, the healthcare sector in India will be worth USD 372 billion by 2022. Rising income levels, better health awareness, rising prevalence of lifestyle diseases, and enhanced insurance access are the primary drivers of this expansion.
- Oxalic acid is also used for chemical manufacturing, such as esters, fine chemicals, industrial chemicals, phenol resin catalysts, and salts. The chemical manufacturing industry has experienced significant investment in Asia-Pacific, creating a significant demand for oxalic acid in the region.
- Furthermore. the Chinese government is planning Xinjiang as the hotbed for textile and apparel manufacturing and has invested USD 8 billion. It is expected that China's northwest region is to become the country's largest textile production base by 2030. This is another reason for the blooming oxalic acid market within the region.
- All aforementioned factors are likely to fuel the growth of the Asia-Pacific oxalic acid market over the forecast time frame.
Oxalic Acid Industry Overview
The oxalic acid market is moderately fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Oxaquim SA, UBE Corporation, Clariant AG, STAROXOCHEM Pvt. Ltd, and Honeywell International Inc., among others (in no particular order).
Oxalic Acid Market Leaders
STAROXOCHEM Pvt Ltd.
Honeywell International Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Oxalic Acid Market News
- In May 2022, Oxaquim announced that it will increase its production capacity from 20,000 metric tons to 25000 metric tons per year by investing EUR 44 million (USD 51.15 million) in the expansion of the Alcaiz factory and the construction of a new facility in Andorra. This expansion will fulfill the demand for oxalic acid in the future.
- In December 2022, UBE Corporation announced the complete acquisition of API Corporation (Life Science Institute, Inc., a Mitsubishi Chemical Group Company). Through this transaction, both companies will optimize their manufacturing and research and development resources.
Oxalic Acid Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the End-user Industries
4.1.2 Expansion of Pharmaceutical Industries
4.2.1 Toxicity of Oxalic acid
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Grade
5.1.3 Aqueous Solution
5.2.3 Rare Earth Metals
5.2.5 Metal Processing
5.2.6 Other Applications
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Rank Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Fujian Shaowu Fine Chemical Factory
6.4.3 Honeywell International Inc.
6.4.4 Merck KGaA
6.4.5 Mudanjiang Fengda Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.7 Punjab Chemicals and Crop Protection Limited (Punjab Chemicals)
6.4.9 UBE Corporation
6.4.10 Uranus Chemicals Co. Ltd
- *List Not Exhaustive
6.5 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
6.6 **Subject to Availability in the Public Domain, Paid Databases, and Primary Interviews
Oxalic Acid Market Research FAQs
What is the current Oxalic Acid Market size?
The Oxalic Acid Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 4% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Oxalic Acid Market?
Oxaquim S.A. , UBE Corporation , Clariant AG , STAROXOCHEM Pvt Ltd. and Honeywell International Inc. are the major companies operating in the Oxalic Acid Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Oxalic Acid Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Oxalic Acid Market?
In 2024, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Oxalic Acid Market.
What years does this Oxalic Acid Market cover?
The report covers the Oxalic Acid Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Oxalic Acid Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Oxalic Acid Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Oxalic Acid market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Oxalic Acid analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.