|Fastest Growing Market:||Middle East and Africa|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Online Strategy Games Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Game developers across emerging economies continually strive to enhance the gaming experience by launching and rewriting codes for diverse console/platforms, such as PlayStation, Xbox, and Windows PC, incorporated into a standalone product provided to gamers through a cloud platform.
- According to a report published by Datareportal, about 4.88 billion people worldwide will use the Internet in October 2021. This was almost 62% of the world's total population. The report also suggests that more than 222 million new users have been online in the last 12 months. There is an increased number of smartphone users expanding significantly, which in turn is boosting the Global Online Strategy Games Market.
- This facilitated the launch of live game streaming and multiple open source capture and broadcast tools. In addition, the amount of time spent watching game video content has exploded. Such developments are moving the market under investigation.
- Many game developers are launching strategic games to enhance their sales figures. Moreover, in comparison to its dominance in the 90s, Real Time Strategy (RTS) games are now a relative niche genre, dominated by 90s games, remakes, and remasters. one such game, Starcraft 2, which came out 11 years ago, remains the most high profile in the genre, particularly, of course, in Korea, where it and its predecessor are huge esports draws.
- COVID-19 has influenced businesses around the world. However, the pandemic has had a positive impact on the gaming industry. During these difficult times, the role of the mobile gaming industry was to help people gain some reassurance. Mobile games have the power to reduce stress and provide entertainment and social connections. This was very necessary, especially during global quarantine.
- Lower CPIs (cost per install) and increased downloads have impacted mobile gaming positively as this spending increased during the pandemic. Even if the scenario returns to normal lifestyles in the next couple of years, the predictions are that gaming activity will continue to rise.
Scope of the Report
Strategy games focus on gameplay that requires clever long-term planning. Most strategy games provide a top-down view of the world where players can control buildings and units. The classic civilization game by Sid Meier, where players start in a small primitive village and move on to a more technologically advanced society, is a perfect example of this category. The Clash of Clans, where players can build towns online and attack other players' towns, is also a big hit on mobile devices. The market is segmented by type and by geography.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Smartphone Adoption is Driving the Market
- The growing smartphone penetration and technological advancement with the increasing adoption of trending technologies for developing games are the major factors in developing the online strategy games industry.
- According to Ericsson and The Radicati Group, smartphone subscriptions worldwide exceed 6 billion and are expected to grow by hundreds of millions over the next few years. China, India, and the United States have the highest smartphone users.
- According to Ericsson, In 2021, the number of smartphone users worldwide was 6.378 billion, which translates to 80.69% of the world’s population owning a smartphone. In total, the number of people that own a smart and feature phone is 7.101 billion, making up 89.84% of the world’s population.
- According to Ericsson, The smartphone market has high growth potential as smartphone penetration is below 70% in populous countries such as China and India. Sales in the global smartphone market have been increasing for the past few years, although sales have stagnated due to rising average smartphone sales prices.
- According to StatCounter, Android maintained its position as the leading mobile operating system worldwide in June 2021, controlling the mobile OS market with a close to 73% share. Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS jointly possess over 99 percent of the global market share.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Middle East & Africa to Exhibit Highest Growth Rate
- MEA has been one of the fastest-growing regions for the studied market. Africa has around 1.1 billion Millennial and Generation Z members, who are big technology adopters. It’s the fastest-growing region for mobile game downloads, according to mobile insights firm App Annie.
- Companies in the region have been receiving significant funding to expand their reach. For instance, in January 2022, Carry1st raised USD 20 million in funding from marquee investors for its mobile game publishing platform targeted at unlocking demand in the African market.
- Additionally, the rising penetration of smartphones and online gaming are some factors driving the UAE AR and VR market growth. The growing development of AR-based apps and games is anticipated to create market opportunities over the forecast period.
- For instance, in January 2021, a real estate mobile-based strategy game was launched in the country that lets players buy, sell, and collect rent on some of the world’s most famous buildings. The game has over 13,621 players making deals for ownership of 76,476 properties in Abu Dhabi.
- The driver behind the growth of online strategy gaming in African countries like Kenya has been the establishment of the high-speed internet infrastructure, enabling gamers to watch and compete with each other across the country and the world. Additionally, computer and console gaming have gained momentum in the recent past, with video gaming sports popular with teenage being opened up in most suburbs and shopping centers countrywide.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Online Strategy Gaming Market is moderately fragmented as the demand for online games and the increasing penetration of mobile applications across the region cater to an intense rivalry among the market players. The key players in the market, like Take-Two Interactive Software Inc, Microsoft, and Relic Entertainment, are continuously innovating and releasing next-generation online strategic games, further increasing the competition.
- July 2022: Square Enix is working on a real-time RPG strategy game called Diofield Chronicle. The Diofield Chronicle is expected to be released on September 22, 2022. However, players can already get the demo version on Steam starting from August 2022.
- July 2022: Prime Matter and developer Owlcat Games announced the launch of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well as Switch via the cloud, on September 29, 2022. The strategy RPG first launched for PC via Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store on September 2, 2021.
- July 2022: The National Football League Players Association (NFLPA), SuperTeam Games, and OneTeam Partners are set to launch STG Football, a new blockchain-powered video game. STG Football will contain strategic and on-field elements to assimilate on-field football, while a modified rule set will enable faster turnaround and game pace. SuperTeam Games is planning a beta launch of STG Football in the third quarter of 2022, with a full free-to-play launch on PC slated for the first quarter of 2023.
- July 2022: Game inventors John Yohanan Hyams and Bart Winfield Sibrel produced their first game app, which they entitled, Game Of Seven. Launched under the company, Game Of Seven is a strategy game where gamers can choose to play against an AI opponent, another random player, or a friend in the game network.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Smartphone Penetration
5.1.2 Rising Internet Penetration
5.1.3 Growth in Cloud Adoption
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Issues, such as Piracy, Laws and Regulations, and Concerns Related to Fraud During Gaming Transactions
5.2.2 User Privacy and Security Issues, along with Government Regulations
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.2 In-App Purhcase
6.1.3 Paid App
6.2 By Geography
6.2.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
6.2.5 Middle East & Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Mircosoft Coroporation
7.1.2 Take-Two Interactive Software Inc
7.1.3 Relic Entertainment
7.1.4 Paradox Interactive AB
7.1.5 Amplitude Studios
7.1.6 Madruga Works
7.1.7 A Sharp LLC
7.1.8 Subset Games
7.1.9 Feral Interactive
7.1.10 Firaxis Games Inc
7.1.11 THQ Inc
7.1.12 Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd
7.1.13 Supercell Oy
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Online Strategy Games Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Online Strategy Games Market?
The Online Strategy Games Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Online Strategy Games Market?
Middle East and Africa is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Online Strategy Games Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Online Strategy Games Market?
Mircosoft Coroporation, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc, Relic Entertainment, Paradox Interactive AB, Amplitude Studios are the major companies operating in Online Strategy Games Market.