Automation will be playing a major part in the growth of the retail industry, since, as they grow they push retailers to invest in automation products and services as it helps them to cut down costs and boost efficiency. These solutions also enhance the customer experience as well as the efficiency of retail store employees. There are various automated products available in the retail automation market like a barcode reader, currency counter, bill printer, cash register and kiosks which are enhancing the retailing process.
During the financial crisis, both the investors and consumers were uncertain about the market. The retail markets were hit pretty hard by the lesser disposable incomes of the consumers. The unemployment rate grew rapidly and at the same time, the retail market was hit. The USA GDP had increased by 4.2% in 2014 and thereafter the market has seen a further improvement. With the financial stability coming in, the unemployment rate also has also gone down. So the consumers have more disposable income. This has helped the retail market in the North American region. This growth in the North American retail industry will provide traction to the growth in the North American retail automation.
North America retail automation market report talks about the key factors that contribute to the growth of the market, discussing the technology overview and the trends, providing the recent developments and the products available in the market. To discuss this, the market has been segmented based on the types of category, that is, the one with partial or manual intervention or the one that are completely automated, like that of unattended terminals, along with which it is also segmented based on products like the barcode reader market, weighing scale market, currency counter market, bill printer market, cash register market, card reader market, kiosks market, self-checkout systems market among others. It also provides country-specific forecasts of the market, giving a detailed insight into the market’s performance.
Some of the major vendors manufacturing retail automation solutions like Siemens, Fujitsu, Casio, Motorola, Honeywell, Toshiba, Seiko Epson, NCR Corporation, First Data Corporation and Wincor Nixdorf have been studied and their strategies analyzed.
Factors driving this market are:
- Increasing retail stores
- Cost pressures and business process optimization
- Growth in retail industry worldwide
Factors restraining this market are:
- Constant watch required over kiosks
- Self-service systems cause are inconvenient to some customers
What the report offers
- Market definition for North America retail automation market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the North America retail automation market with country-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America retail automation market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
6. North America Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Product Type
6.1 Point-of-Sale Systems Requiring Manual Intervention
6.2 Unattended Terminals
7. North America Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Products
7.1 Barcode reader
7.2 Weighing scale
7.3 Currency Counter
7.4 Bill Printer
7.5 Cash Register
7.6 Card Reader
7.8 Self-Checkout Systems
8. North America Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Industry Vertical
8.2 Oil & Gas
8.3 Transportation & Logistics
8.4 Health & Personal Care
9. North America Retail Automation Market by Country
9.1 United States
10. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
10.1 Fujitsu Ltd.
10.2 Casio Computer Co. Ltd.
10.3 Motorola Inc.
10.4 Toshiba Corporation
10.5 Wincor Nixdorf
10.6 Seiko Epson Corporation
10.7 Honeywell International Inc.
10.8 First Data Corporation
10.9 The NCR Corporation
10.10 Datalogic S.P.A
11. Investment Analysis – Mergers & Acquisitions, Investment Outlook
12. Future of North America Retail Automation Market