North America Polyurethane (PU) Adhesives Market
The market is estimated to be valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is likely to reach USD XX million by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of XX % during the forecast period from 2016-2021.
Polyurethane (PU) adhesives are polymer-based adhesives, prepared from urethane polymers with a chemical base of an isocyanate group. They provide a strong bonding between two substrates. Polyurethane adhesives are available as both, thermoplastic and thermoset adhesives. They are commonly known as elastic adhesives, owing to their excellent elasticity and elongation properties.
Polyurethane (PU) adhesives, owing to their high fracture resistance, excellent elongation and elasticity properties (before the occurrence of fracture) are becoming an integral part of various commercial and industrial sectors. Many factors, such as the accelerating demand from the packaging industry, increasing demand for lightweight vehicles, etc., drive this market. However, this market faces certain drawbacks, such as volatility in the raw material prices and stringent environmental regulations regarding VOC emissions. These factors may act as a roadblock to the growth of the market.
The North America polyurethane (PU) adhesives market, based on product type, can be segmented into thermosetting, thermoplastics, and others. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into automotive, construction, furniture, packaging, electrical and electronics, footwear and others (as shown below).
The market has also been segmented by countries into the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Rest of North America.
Opportunities and Major Players
The recovering and growing repair construction industry in the United States and the shifting focus towards bio-based polyurethane adhesives offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the North America polyurethane (PU) adhesives market.
Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are:
- Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
- Dow Chemicals
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Ashland Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the North American polyurethane (PU) adhesives market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America polyurethane (PU) adhesives market on both, global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identification of the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. North America Polyurethane Adhesives Market
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.3 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Demand from the Footwear Industry
4.1.2 Accelerating Demand from the Packaging Industry
4.1.3 Increasing Demand for Lightweight Vehicles
4.2.1 Volatility in Raw Material Prices
4.2.2 Stringent Environmental Regulations Regarding VOC
4.3.1 Growing Repair Construction Industry in the United States
4.3.2 Shifting Focus Towards Bio-Based Polyurethane Adhesives
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By End-User Industry
5.2.5 Electricals & Electronics
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
6.1 United States
6.4 Rest of North America
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.2 AdCo UK Limited
8.3 Adhesive Technologies Corp.
8.4 Alfa International Corporation
8.5 American Chemical Inc.
8.6 Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
8.7 Ashland Inc.
8.8 Avery Dennison Corp.
8.9 DELO Industrial Adhesives
8.11 Dow Chemical Co.
8.13 Franklin International
8.14 H.B. Fuller Co.
8.15 Helmitin Adhesives
8.16 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
8.17 Hexcel Corporation
8.19 Huntsman Corp.
8.20 ITW Performance Polymers (Illinois Tool Works Inc.)
8.21 Jowat AG
8.22 LORD Corp.
8.24 Mapei Spa
8.25 Master Bond
8.26 Paramelt B.V
8.27 Permabond Engineering Adhesives Ltd.
8.28 Pidilite Industries Ltd.
8.29 Royal Adhesives and Sealants
8.30 Sika AG
8.31 Super Glue Corp.
8.32 Wacker Chemie AG
8.33 Yokohama Industries