North America Cyber Security of Cars Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
North America Cyber Security of Cars Market Analysis
The North America Market for Cyber Security of Cars is expected to register a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period. With the outbreak of COVID-19, automotive is one of the most negatively affected end-users, which will negatively impact the demand for the cybersecurity market for cars. After initial supply and manufacturing disruptions, the automotive industry is experiencing a demand shock with an uncertain recovery timeline due to shelter-in-place regulations. With limited room to cut fixed costs, some OEMs have low liquidity to power through a long period of missing revenues, which could affect the market.
- The dynamic nature of the features in the connected vehicles is significantly influencing the demand for cybersecurity, as with the development of every new connected entity or new service for connected cars, a new attack vector is also created from which the security of the vehicle can be compromised.
- The advent of connected cars and increasing demand for a connected solution in passenger vehicles are driving the demand for cybersecurity, as more and more attacks are being carried on connected vehicles. Also, Jeep Cherokee researchers were able to stop the engine of a vehicle remotely while it drove down a busy highway; this one instance of hack led to Fiat Chrysler recalling 1.4 million vehicles of seven different models, which was about 50% of the cars they sold in the United States during that year.
- Further, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) is one of the regulatory bodies operating in the region overseeing the standards in safety and security of connected cars and released the 5G FAST Plan. This plan includes three key components such as pushing more spectrum into the marketplace, updating infrastructure policy, modernizing outdated regulations, High-speed communications support Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V), and Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) environment data exchange. Such data exchange allows autonomous vehicles to receive and contribute data beyond their onboard sensors’ physical range.
- On the other hand, machine learning provides advantages in outlier detection, much to the benefit of cybersecurity of cars. Machines can handle billions of security events in a single day, clarifying a system’s activity and flagging anything unusual for human review.
North America Cyber Security of Cars Industry Segmentation
The scope of the study characterizes the North American market for cybersecurity of cars, based on the type of solution, which includes software-based, hardware-based, professional service, Integration, and security that includes network security, application security, cloud security.
The study also includes the assessment of the impact of COVID-19 on the market.
|By Solution Type|
|Other Types of Solution|
|By Equipment Type|
|Other Types of Security|
North America Cyber Security of Cars Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North America Cyber Security of Cars Market according to our research experts:
Application Security Expected to Witness Significant Market Share
- Owing to the growing threats and vulnerabilities, various vendors in the market are using the security features of their applications as a unique capability to attract business and also forming partnerships to enhance security. For instance, in January 2021, world Data completed all testing of its SekurMessenger. The hosted messaging security and privacy solution.
- On the developer front, as of September 2020, StackHawk, a software-as-a-service provider, announced that it is launching into general availability. The company shifts the approach from point-in-time pen tests or weekly scheduled scans to automated testing of the microservices that make up a customer-facing application in the CI/CD pipeline. This shortens fix times, pushes potential vulnerabilities to the engineering teams, and ensures that vulnerabilities are caught before they hit production. It has partnered with significant CI providers such as CircleCI and GitLab to simplify AppSec tests into the build pipeline for the same development.
- Also, Contrast, a developer-centric application security company, announced its security observability platform launch. This offers developers a single pane of glass to manage an application’s security across its lifecycle, along with added benefits of real-time analysis and reporting and remediation tools.
- Whereas in the wake of COVID-19, as of January 2021, WhiteHat Security announced the launch of AppSec Stats Flash, a monthly podcast and statistics report that provides a more accurate view of the current state of application security.
- Further, According to the CompTIA, In 2020, the number of active cybersecurity jobs in the United States was around 130 thousand. By 2030, the cybersecurity workforce is forecast to reach almost 170 thousand. This will create significant job opportunities in application management applications.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States Expected to Witness Significant Market Share
- The United States is one of the major automotive markets and holds a significant demand for connected cars; the country observed a slump in demand similar to the global market in 2020; however, the demand is expected to pick up over the coming years. For instance, according to BEA, in 2020, the light vehicle retail sales in the United States stood at 14.5 million.
- Automotive brands, such as Ford, Chevrolet, Jeep, Ram, and GMC, were the leading car brands in the country with 489,051 units, 429,529 units, 182,667 units 140,486 units, and 118,718 units in sales during the first quarter of 2020. such substantial growth creates an increased need for cybersecurity.
- Moreover, over the period of the next three years, it is expected that over 85% of the cars sold in the US are expected to be connected over the internet, and General Motor's OnStar platform was one of the widely used software platforms and security system in the country. Such growing adoption and penetration rates in the country are augmenting the demand for cybersecurity.
- According to the Department of Transportation's report released in January 2020, wireless technologies that complement the capabilities of automated vehicle technologies are a priority of the current administration. In line with this, major car brands operating in the US market have stated that only connected vehicles will be sold by 2020 in the country. Such development alone increases the potential damage of an attack which could disrupt an entire city and may lead to loss of lives.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America Cyber Security of Cars Industry Overview
The North America Market for Cyber Security of Cars is moderately competitive in nature. Product launches, high expense on research and development, partnerships and acquisitions, etc., are the prime growth strategies adopted by the companies in the region to sustain the intense competition.
- September 2021- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management announced support for cyber security industry standards to Automobile Conformity. The software solution assists automobile engineering teams in supporting UNECE compliance readiness and leveraging ISO/SAE 21434 standards to ensure vehicle security against cyber security threats.
- February 2020 - Cisco and Oxbotica partnered to bring OpenRoaming to autonomous cars. With the help of OpenRoaming, Autonomous Vehicles can connect to trusted Wi-Fi networks without the need to physically enter the usernames or passwords. Instead, Autonomous Vehicles authenticate using credentials issued by the manufacturer, like Oxbotica.
North America Cyber Security of Cars Market Leaders
Cisco Systems Inc
Honeywell International Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Cyber Security of Cars Market News
- January 2020 - HARMAN launched the HARMAN Ignite Marketplace, an extensive network of cloud-based applications and services available on the HARMAN Ignite Cloud Platform. The HARMAN Ignite platform provides a built-in Over-the-Air (OTA) functionality, which helps manage potential risks like network problems, file tampering, and cybersecurity attacks, due to which automakers are equipped with a secure and efficient way to deliver and frequently update a robust service ecosystem while still mitigating risk.
North America Cyber Security of Cars Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry Ecosystem
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Security Threats as More Technologies Get Integrated Into Cars
5.1.2 Government Regulations
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Dynamic Nature of the Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Solution Type
6.1.3 Professional Service
6.1.5 Other Types of Solution
6.2 By Equipment Type
6.2.1 Network Security
6.2.2 Application Security
6.2.3 Cloud Security
6.2.4 Other Types of Security
6.3 By Country
6.3.1 United States
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Harman International Industries Inc. (Samsung)
7.1.2 IBM Corporation
7.1.3 Arilou Technologies
7.1.4 Infineon Technologies AG
7.1.5 Visteon Corporation
7.1.6 Continental AG
7.1.7 Cisco Systems Inc
7.1.8 Argus Cybersecurity
7.1.9 Secunet AG
7.1.10 NXP Semiconductors NV
7.1.11 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.12 Delphi Automotive PLC
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
North America Cyber Security of Cars Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The NA Market for Cyber Security of Cars is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of NA Market for Cyber Security of Cars?
The NA Market for Cyber Security of Cars is growing at a CAGR of 9.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in NA Market for Cyber Security of Cars?
IBM corporation, Cisco Systems Inc, Visteon Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Continental AG are the major companies operating in NA Market for Cyber Security of Cars.
NA Market for Cyber Security of Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 NA for Cyber Security of Cars market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. NA for Cyber Security of Cars analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.